Who would you like to support =w= on their Oz tour. 

I really hope weezer bring along someone great from overseas. =w= have delayed this Australian tour for years now. It's a damn smart move cause from that time they have made that step to 'arena rock band' which i have nothing against by the way. Now shows are damn pricey down under. $120 hard earned coins plus a lame booking fee will get you up front.. i'm guessing its alot cheaper overseas... 

Now i have seen some local bands trying to bake their way into a support slot with cheesy =w= cakes and the like. Lord help us.. for the time the country has waited, we don't want any boring local acts before weezer. Lets have a band who has been with weezer.. came from their era and have earned respect from the public. 

so give me your suggestions..

Mine

Ash

Dinosaur Jr

Marcy Playground

Jeff the Brotherhood

Views: 1006

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah.

any of them would be great. Enjoyed that Yuck album from last year. They are still yet to really find their own sound but they are very promising.
Todd Bettison said:

I saw the Fauves play with Even a couple of weeks ago having not heard either of the bands new albums. Walked away wanting to seek out Evens new one but unfortunately am not compelled to go and get Fauves new one. I was a big fan of theirs back in the 90s but I am not sure their music has held up over the years.

We have been doing the same talk amongst my friend going.

I like the idea of Custard supporting if Dave can get the band back together one more time.

Dinosaur Jr - Played Weezer Cruise and will have new album out and I love them

Sebadoh - Played Weezer Cruise and will have new album out and I love them

Yuck - Played Weezer Cruise

Ozma - Played Weezer Cruise

Best Coast - Because I like them

Archers of Loaf - Because I love them

what did you think of mirror traffic? it was back to the more sharp and to the point pop songs. Although he has always had them sprinkled through his stuff. I think Pink Lib is still my fav from his solo stuff. 1% of one!!! Did you get to a pavement show in 2010?
AF said:

I saw SM & Jicks the last tour too, and agree it was really good. Same with Nada Surf who I saw last time they came here as well. I waited to see the second announcement of Harvest before I got a ticket, because it's a lot of money to spend and I wanted to make sure there were enough bands that I wanted to see.

Archers of Loaf were apparently going to try and come to Australia in 2013, but one of their Facebook posts recently said that Eric will be too busy next year touring his solo stuff.

I am way way behind with Malkmus. I think I only own the first two SM albums and have only heard a bit of each of the others (mostly just what he played on his previous tour). I'm not sure why I haven't followed up on the later albums yet, but it's obvious that I should since I'd mostly likely enjoy them too. What do you think of Preston School of Industry? I've only heard a couple of songs of theirs, but I really liked those and have meant check them out further as well.

I did get to see Pavement on their 2010 tour, which was amazing. Unlike the the upcoming Weezer "entertainment centre" tour it was in a nice, small venue (Tivoli Theatre), and their set was great. I always thought I'd missed my chance to see Pavement live, so I made sure to get tickets as soon as they went on sale.

GoodAssCheese said:

what did you think of mirror traffic? it was back to the more sharp and to the point pop songs. Although he has always had them sprinkled through his stuff. I think Pink Lib is still my fav from his solo stuff. 1% of one!!! Did you get to a pavement show in 2010?
AF said:

I saw SM & Jicks the last tour too, and agree it was really good. Same with Nada Surf who I saw last time they came here as well. I waited to see the second announcement of Harvest before I got a ticket, because it's a lot of money to spend and I wanted to make sure there were enough bands that I wanted to see.

Archers of Loaf were apparently going to try and come to Australia in 2013, but one of their Facebook posts recently said that Eric will be too busy next year touring his solo stuff.

nah have not checkout out preston. i missed the pav shows sadly. the setlists looked badass, its great that they went deep into their cannon of great songs.

Jet broke up a few months ago you know.

Hugh Lovric said:

Jet would be perfect because they're pretty big and they are Australian.

Gregor =w= Langbehn said:

Jet

supports are 

aussie bands ballpark music/cloud control

could be alot worse.

could of been emperors

I'd recommend The Scabs for any Adelaide shows.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video