Who would you like to support =w= on their Oz tour. 

I really hope weezer bring along someone great from overseas. =w= have delayed this Australian tour for years now. It's a damn smart move cause from that time they have made that step to 'arena rock band' which i have nothing against by the way. Now shows are damn pricey down under. $120 hard earned coins plus a lame booking fee will get you up front.. i'm guessing its alot cheaper overseas... 

Now i have seen some local bands trying to bake their way into a support slot with cheesy =w= cakes and the like. Lord help us.. for the time the country has waited, we don't want any boring local acts before weezer. Lets have a band who has been with weezer.. came from their era and have earned respect from the public. 

so give me your suggestions..

Mine

Ash

Dinosaur Jr

Marcy Playground

Jeff the Brotherhood

Views: 1006

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh and yes, I think Regurgitator could be a good option. Or... Spiderbait?

The Living End? They might be busy seeing as they have a tour coming up where they play all 7 albums in full in each city.. like the memories tour on crack

Custard, The Fauves and Jebediah mentioned on a Weezer message board in 2012 warms my heart. My late-90s self would approve.

who could not love the fauves..

the just had that cruchy alt rock powerpop thing down. 

this is turning into great australian bands formed in the 90's. 

oh and danielle, the gurge are playing unit in full noways.. so there is that! 

Yeah. I was happy to see the Gurge announce their tour dates. There are so many good bands performing over the next few months. I don't know that I can afford to go hear all of them live. But it's a good time for live music fans.

GoodAssCheese said:

who could not love the fauves..

the just had that cruchy alt rock powerpop thing down. 

this is turning into great australian bands formed in the 90's. 

oh and danielle, the gurge are playing unit in full noways.. so there is that! 

I agree -- I'm almost certain I have already spent more money on tickets for shows happening in the next 6 months than I have for any 6-month period up until now.

what are you seeing?

In order of appearance: Nada Surf, Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks, Regurgitator, Lee Ranaldo Band, Thurston Moore, Radiohead, Harvest Festival (incl. Beck, Ben Folds Five, Cake, Dandy Warhols, Los Campesinos, Silversun Pickups), and some band called Weezer. I'm excited!

Who knows what other stuff will come up -- I only found out SM & Jicks were playing when I was buying the tickets for Nada Surf. I'll definitely be going if Custard get together for another show. It was great to see them again last time they did.

wow, nice work.

if i lived in a major city my ass would be broke. I did catch SM & Jicks on the last tour though, real good. plenty of face melting solo's from steve. Harvest Fest would be a blast. Big Beck fan here

I saw the Fauves play with Even a couple of weeks ago having not heard either of the bands new albums. Walked away wanting to seek out Evens new one but unfortunately am not compelled to go and get Fauves new one. I was a big fan of theirs back in the 90s but I am not sure their music has held up over the years.

We have been doing the same talk amongst my friend going.

I like the idea of Custard supporting if Dave can get the band back together one more time.

Dinosaur Jr - Played Weezer Cruise and will have new album out and I love them

Sebadoh - Played Weezer Cruise and will have new album out and I love them

Yuck - Played Weezer Cruise

Ozma - Played Weezer Cruise

Best Coast - Because I like them

Archers of Loaf - Because I love them

I saw SM & Jicks the last tour too, and agree it was really good. Same with Nada Surf who I saw last time they came here as well. I waited to see the second announcement of Harvest before I got a ticket, because it's a lot of money to spend and I wanted to make sure there were enough bands that I wanted to see.

Archers of Loaf were apparently going to try and come to Australia in 2013, but one of their Facebook posts recently said that Eric will be too busy next year touring his solo stuff.

Many.

Zayn Malik's Enticing Jihad said:

hugh, do you listen to any bands that aren't weezer-related?

Hugh Lovric said:

I think Ozma would be good, but it would be really cool to have The Rentals.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video