For some reason this song came to my mind today.  It's so beautiful to me.  Brought a tear to my eye.

So I looked it up on youtube and found this guy covering it.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9A4HJDUZRNI

It's not perfect but there's something really appealing about it.

Views: 426

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

runnersdialzero said:
Don't listen to this. I had bronchitis when doing vocals and didn't have enough time to devote to doing a decent job on my tracks for various reasons. Lifetaker's tracks are great, mine are not. =(

Runners, stop denying the quality of that entire album. If there were ever a "best" tribute album, this would be it. I listen to you and Jack's HOMiE on a weekly basis. I actually prefer your tracks, MR. ROWLAND. You will be singing me to sleep after the NYC memories shows. Mark my words.
Why thank you. LOL!

Ali [mutantmanifesto] said:
runnersdialzero said:
Don't listen to this. I had bronchitis when doing vocals and didn't have enough time to devote to doing a decent job on my tracks for various reasons. Lifetaker's tracks are great, mine are not. =(

Runners, stop denying the quality of that entire album. If there were ever a "best" tribute album, this would be it. I listen to you and Jack's HOMiE on a weekly basis. I actually prefer your tracks, MR. ROWLAND. You will be singing me to sleep after the NYC memories shows. Mark my words.
I really like the verses
Ali [mutantmanifesto] said:
runnersdialzero said:

I second this comment. Stop being a sucka, Runnersdialzero.
This was my wedding song. Seriously.

Grutches is a real person who is married, who would have thought??

Seriously though, my wife and I danced to this at our wedding. It earned her serious cred with my friends that she let us dance to Weezer.
I don't very much like the cover, but the song itself is of different caliber. I've always liked Alone II more than the original but off that record, I Was Made For You has always had a strange hold on me. Its simple and truthful and honest. When I first really took notice to the song it was the same time I ever heard Devotion and the two seemed to mirror each other and myself very eerily. Its a beautiful song that conveys a wonderful message and yet at the same time is tearing your apart. Hard to master something like that.
Easily in my top 20 favorite songs.
Great song! I Love it! Thanks Rivers for this song!
Yeah, sorry about that, I was thinking of "Think About You", I know they're totally different, but I got confused I guess.

Michael Rowland (Gohi) said:

Weird Lad said:
"I Was Made For You" is a super awesome, deep, amazing, cool, meaningful song. Plus it's from "Homie", so that makes it even better!

What? It's not from "Homie." What are you talking about?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEPP3qFXRQs

this YouTube cover brought a tear to my eye
Oh god! THAT is the way! (to kill my soul)

Donny [Donny] said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEPP3qFXRQs

this YouTube cover brought a tear to my eye
Shut it Runnerz.

runnersdialzero said:

Daniel Gasparini ( Danorganplaye said:
Great song rivers. It's a song I've always loved to Cover, simple but very serious lyrics which are perfectly fine. very nice melodies throughout with wonderful guitar tones.

Another song of yours that I really feel has great potential is "Rosemary" from the homie days.

This cover of it is truly amazing, hopefully it inspires you to revisit that song, so good man. Check it out...I'm sure you'll dig the Wanda cover to ( since it is one of your favs)

http://www.weerez.com/homie/Lifetaker_and_Runners_Present_HOMiE.rar

I love this song I listen to it very frequently on my way to work, it's just so pretty.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video