and purchased a pair of tickets for the Pinkerton show in NYC!  I ended up paying $120 straight up per ticket, free shipping, off eBay.  So $240 a pair, compared to the $160 a pair that TM would've required (after all fees and shipping).  It sucks, but I didn't want to pass up the opportunity to see them. Who knows when another tour like this will happen.  I got one of those ticket dealers to come down on his price...he wanted $150 per ticket plus shipping.  I sent him an email saying I'd do $120 per with free shipping and that nobody would be crazy enough to spend $150 on a ticket.  Sure enough, it worked. 

Craigslist was tough to deal with.  I'd have people say that want to negotiate and never write back. 

One thing I want Karl and the rest to know:  It was a TERRIBLE idea to leave Ticketmaster in charge of the whole process.  Why couldn't you guys do what Ben Folds is doing?  He's letting Fan Club or Forum members on his site have first crack at tickets before the public onsale.  Was it that difficult to make this happen?  It's a very anti-fan sort of thing to do, don't you think?  I know that if I were in your shoes, I'd do everything I could to make sure the true fans were able to make it and given the best opportunity.

I know this has been vented many times, but this is ridiculous.  They need to know how frustrating it is.

Views: 11

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's not "anti-fan" at all - they couldn't have predicted the NYC nightmare.
The Ben Folds thing is because he charges for his fanclub. It's like 30 bucks to register I think.. if =W= did that, iit would be just as bad as the Ticketmaster thing! All the scalpers have to do is register for this site and they have the tickets.
How did we get a password for tickets through livenation then? I thought the band was able to do the same at any point...maybe ticketmaster doesn't offer that option?
I didn't know ben folds charged for th at. Thanks for the info dude.

WeezerSituation said:
The Ben Folds thing is because he charges for his fanclub. It's like 30 bucks to register I think.. if =W= did that, iit would be just as bad as the Ticketmaster thing! All the scalpers have to do is register for this site and they have the tickets.
Most bands who have a fanclub fee provide other perks with in addition to the presales. For example, Green Day charges $25 and you get a free t-shirt with it. I would pretty much say that cancels out the cost. Also, Weezer would need to take it a step further and require registered users to bring an ID and/or credit card used to purchase the tix with them upon entry to the event. Many bands who offer presales through their fanclub do this, often times along with will-call only pickup. If done correctly, a fanclub presale would definitely help to solve the scalping problems.

Dan M. said:
I didn't know ben folds charged for th at. Thanks for the info dude.

WeezerSituation said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video