Hello friends.  Thought you might be interested in a bass I built.  It's a replica of Matt's bass in his time with Weezer and through to the Rentals.

It looks, plays and sounds like a b****.  Enjoy.

Views: 944

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Picture fail.
Now sorted :)

Sharpy Sharperton said:
Picture fail.
Wow! Very alike indeed, do you know what make Matt's original was?

I do as it goes...

It was a 1970's Fender Jazz Bass body, a Warmoth Tele-Bass neck with birdseye maple neck and jet black ebony fingerboard, Schaller bridge and tuners and Schecter Monstertone Pickups.  The pickups are impossible to find.  It took me about 2 years of searching to track some down.  

Karl was good enough to get in touch with Matt and he passed this all on to me, so kudos to both of them :)

Wow, very nice. Thanks for the information.

Sharpy Sharperton said:

I do as it goes...

It was a 1970's Fender Jazz Bass body, a Warmoth Tele-Bass neck with birdseye maple neck and jet black ebony fingerboard, Schaller bridge and tuners and Schecter Monstertone Pickups.  The pickups are impossible to find.  It took me about 2 years of searching to track some down.  

Karl was good enough to get in touch with Matt and he passed this all on to me, so kudos to both of them :)

sweet bass, i've been wanting to build one myself, but how did you ever find the monstertones? i've been looking for months!

Ebay searching.  And lots of it.

Saying that, I got mine off a guy on a bass forum who took them out of a bass in 1996 and kept hold of them until last year when I messaged him and asked if he'd sell them.  Luckily for me, he did.  Keep looking, young padawan.

could i do it on a squier jazz bass

wat finish is it in

Sharpy Sharperton said:

I do as it goes...

You should upload a video of you playing it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video