...because I am an utter So-Cal sissy when it comes to cold weather (i.e. anything slightly less than 75 degrees is "a bit chilly.")

I don't want to lose any extremities to the cold, especially my most favorite one, nor do I wish to die on my birthday weekend.

I was told to "bring a parka," and I'm not quite sure how literally I should take that. I'm hoping it was a metaphor or something.

I own a ski jacket which I've used maybe once. I think I have some mittens somewhere.

So my question is, what survival gear do I need for that part of the country during that time of year? Am l going to need to look like the little brother from A Christmas Story? Also if you have excessive back and shoulder hair*, will you send me some?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

-HoC

*no pubes please

Views: 87

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

coolness, if you plan on waiting in line at the ass-crack of dawn with me, then you're definitely going to need long underwear, extra socks, a scarf, and gloves/mittens. i have extra scarves and mittens if you need.

and the wind here is no joke. windbreakers are a fantastic idea.

i cannot frickin' wait!! :D
I didn't realize there would be waiting in line at the ass-crack of dawn; I'll be getting in Friday afternoon and the lady wants to do some sightseeing on Saturday during the day as she is thrilled to be visiting Chicago for the first time and wants to see stuff (as do I.)

Does this mean we can't all get dinner and party prior to the shows? :(

I guess we can party after. Either way, very excited as well.

Kayla Yost said:
coolness, if you plan on waiting in line at the ass-crack of dawn with me, then you're definitely going to need long underwear, extra socks, a scarf, and gloves/mittens. i have extra scarves and mittens if you need.

you could do a rocky style training 'thing'
get some epic music playing and go somewhere really cold (but not as cold as the windy city) and gradually break your self in to the cold temperature.....................

its a bit long winded but you would be used to the cold by january. :-)

(just think your lucky DR B.Lukom lives near scotland!!)
It is not that cold you will be fine. Everything is inside anyway. You should have a blast.
Well, if everyone going to the show agreed not to wait at the ass-crack of dawn, there'd be no need, really.

However, I suspect that would be a little hard to accomplish.

hintofcoolness said:
I didn't realize there would be waiting in line at the ass-crack of dawn; I'll be getting in Friday afternoon and the lady wants to do some sightseeing on Saturday during the day as she is thrilled to be visiting Chicago for the first time and wants to see stuff (as do I.)

Does this mean we can't all get dinner and party prior to the shows? :(

I guess we can party after. Either way, very excited as well.

Kayla Yost said:

you are an utter So-Cal sissy when it comes to anything.......

SISSY!
Bring the parka. I've been to Alaska in the winter and I survived so you'll be fine.
The Weezermobile is riding doorless and topless this week....I don't care if it is in the 50's...the sun is out....
I think it will be just a bit colder then 50. Talked with a friend of mine last night night. His words to me were why do I always pick the coldest time to come out there, Oh well. I will take a nice big jacket to keep warm I like the cold.
layers
Definitely take it seriously. Chicago in January is FREEZING. It's not even so much the cold as the wind that will get you. Bring a big coat, hat, gloves, scarf. Anything that is going to keep you warm, or you will lose precious body parts.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video