...because I am an utter So-Cal sissy when it comes to cold weather (i.e. anything slightly less than 75 degrees is "a bit chilly.")

I don't want to lose any extremities to the cold, especially my most favorite one, nor do I wish to die on my birthday weekend.

I was told to "bring a parka," and I'm not quite sure how literally I should take that. I'm hoping it was a metaphor or something.

I own a ski jacket which I've used maybe once. I think I have some mittens somewhere.

So my question is, what survival gear do I need for that part of the country during that time of year? Am l going to need to look like the little brother from A Christmas Story? Also if you have excessive back and shoulder hair*, will you send me some?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

-HoC

*no pubes please

Views: 89

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

you will need:

a beanie
pair of gloves, maybe two
thick socks
long johns to wear under pants
and your heaviest jacket

i lived in washington state for 3 years, so i know what i'm talking about
A hat, heavy jacket, gloves, some hand and feet warmers (just in case), knitted, thick socks, maybe a sweatshirt or something warm under your jacket, long underwear. Maybe boots, if you feel the need to.

This is what I wear to all the Packer games in the winter.
I'll also be in Chicago in January - I live in Northern Michigan though so I'm pretty prepared for the cold. I don't even wear a sweater until it gets colder than 45 degrees outside (that's Fahrenheit, by the way). I'd say a hoodie with a windbreaker jacket over it (or your ski jacket) will be fine. A pair of thick socks and tennis shoes should be okay as well. Gloves are a good idea, also. And even a scarf, if you don't mind your masculinity being questioned.
I live in Montana, and being without a hat in subzero temperatures, even for 5 minutes, is excruciating. Good shoes and socks are also important, any good pair of hiking boots with wool socks. Gloves are good, and long underwear is always a plus. Wear LAYERS. Start with an undershirt and go from there, pile it on. As for a jacket, it doesn't have to be too thick just as long as it cuts the wind, that's what will get you. Oh, and a neck gator looks absurd, but it's fantastic.
Thanks for the advice, friends. I know what to put on my Xmas list now. I will in fact be asking my family for socks for Christmas, I can't wait to see their befuddled visages.
I'll wear a bright pink f****** scarf if I must.

Kel-Dogg said:
I'll also be in Chicago in January - I live in Northern Michigan though so I'm pretty prepared for the cold. I don't even wear a sweater until it gets colder than 45 degrees outside (that's Fahrenheit, by the way). I'd say a hoodie with a windbreaker jacket over it (or your ski jacket) will be fine. A pair of thick socks and tennis shoes should be okay as well. Gloves are a good idea, also. And even a scarf, if you don't mind your masculinity being questioned.
yeah I hear it's the wind that's really the killer, especially in Chicago

Mr. Sweeney said:
I live in Montana, and being without a hat in subzero temperatures, even for 5 minutes, is excruciating. Good shoes and socks are also important, any good pair of hiking boots with wool socks. Gloves are good, and long underwear is always a plus. Wear LAYERS. Start with an undershirt and go from there, pile it on. As for a jacket, it doesn't have to be too thick just as long as it cuts the wind, that's what will get you. Oh, and a neck gator looks absurd, but it's fantastic.
Only real men wear pink.

hintofcoolness said:

Kel-Dogg said:
I don't know about that, but it's better than hypothermia.

placemats said:
Only real men wear pink.

hintofcoolness said:

Kel-Dogg said:
Well, if there is a big blizzard, at least you'll be more visible.

hintofcoolness said:

placemats said:
Only real men wear pink.

hintofcoolness said:

Kel-Dogg said:
lol yes

placemats said:
Well, if there is a big blizzard, at least you'll be more visible.

hintofcoolness said:

placemats said:
Only real men wear pink.

hintofcoolness said:

Kel-Dogg said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video