...For dissapointment in evening entertainment but....

Holy s***, farkas has taken to sending me links to pokemon youtube videos.

Anyway, I know a lot of you want the all things not weezer song.  Truth is, its done.  I can post the lyrics at any time, i found the file, they are ready and are sitting in a backed-up file.  Why did i finish it?  I dont know.  I like most of you.  Now here is the deal.  

I will post the ATNW song in precisely 2 months on to the day.  

Unless....

Tommorow my band's debut Ep comes out.  Its a short listen, i think its 17 minutes.  Download it, listen to it, give an opinion.  If i see the downloads are high, and a sizeable amount of people comment on this thread with honest opinions, i will post the lyrics tommorow, in there entirety.  I promise.  I swear i will keep my end of the deal, im done putting off things and exaggerating to prove points.  I have made a serious change.  Actually listen to the album, and give honest opinions, and I shall post the song on schedule.

Album launches tonight at midnight, East Coast time.

If you were to say this thread was an attempt to grab attention, in this case I guess you'd be right.

<3 Jack

Views: 864

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My sentiments exactly.

kittens bieber ♥ said:
oh, are you still here?
sorry, farkas. PM is fine :)

Farkas said:
I repeat.

Farkas said:
Email or private message?

berry ◕‿◕ said:
me!

Farkas said:
Jack, how about this: email me the lyrics and I'll send you one pokèmusic video a week. If not, I'll still send the videos. Anybody else want to receive them?
Wait... why is there no link for this music? How can I review what you don't link me to.
The singer is unintelligible. No lyrics to these songs?
Jup, where did you find the album? I want to review this.

lol @ jack forgetting to post the link. f****** failure.

http://www.facebook.com/rutotheband

link to the ep: http://www.mediafire.com/?07r6wuxw7yfwci2

link to the lyrics: http://www.facebook.com/rutotheband?sk=notes

Dogville - Overall, not bad. I don't like the lyrics too much, but it's better than most high school loving girl crap these days. This is the highlight of the EP. I feel like the tempo could be pushed a little. The singing needs work though. I can't tell if you're trying to sound like unsuccessful punk bands or if you guys just can't sing well.

Sherry - boring. Singing is still an issue...even more so though. The recording quality of this track is worse. Not sure what you did differently, but it's pretty bad. Not presentable outside of friends. I don't wanna be harsh, but this should really be redone because it's pretty bad sounding.

Sleazeball - Very 90's. A little out of place these days, but people still look for this kind of thing. Perhaps it wasn't the recording quality, but the effect pedal you have for the distortion/overdrive. It sounds awful when turned on. This might be okay if you got some quality effect pedals as expensive as they are. Boring harmonies.. look into something a little more interesting.

You're In Our House Now - The quality of the vocals are best on this track, but still need work. The drums have a few iffy parts here and there.. just some notes that aren't rhythmically accurate. This song is also boring. Very simple progression with one surprise chord. Needs more energy. Was there supposed to be a solo before the last chorus? It didn't stand out enough if so. If not, everything introduced there needs to come in at another time. It didn't make sense.

Charlestown Market - You need to get more original with the chord progressions. I know there isn't too much originality left, but it's pretty bad when I can follow the chords that easily on a first listen. This track overall is pretty bad though. The kind of track that gets dropped come time for the album.

Album art - Wtf is that? Hire an artist or have a friend design something.

Overall notes - There isn't enough energy. And the times there was, it didn't go anywhere. You need contrast otherwise music is boring. Needs more quiet intensity. There's nothing good about having that consistent sound/energy throughout the EP.

All the artsy sound effects and such seem out of place with music like this. I'd get rid of it completely.

You should invest in adding more instruments. I don't mean hire a new guitarist or anything, just have more tracks. Simple progressions aren't bad, but you need to have enough things going on. That, or just less power chords and such.

Overall opinion

It's not very good. These tracks serve as demos for you to learn from, practice, add more layers...but presenting stuff with this quality isn't the best idea. (Unless, of course, you're actually marking them as demos) I don't know what kind of music you guys listen to, but there's an overarching boring sound throughout the EP. I wouldn't buy this. I probably won't even keep the tracks.

Now I expect to hear the ATNW song.

Hey man, I really appreciate your opinion.  In my upcoming solo album, i will definitely work on these things.  I agree with alot of the things you said to a degree, but i do disagree about charlestown market.  I really like that song.  

I listen to The Beatles, The Velvet Underground, led Zeppelin, The Strokes, Tears for Fears, Pink Floyd, the Doors, Arctic Monkeys etc.

G Foo Chombey said:

Dogville - Overall, not bad. I don't like the lyrics too much, but it's better than most high school loving girl crap these days. This is the highlight of the EP. I feel like the tempo could be pushed a little. The singing needs work though. I can't tell if you're trying to sound like unsuccessful punk bands or if you guys just can't sing well.

Sherry - boring. Singing is still an issue...even more so though. The recording quality of this track is worse. Not sure what you did differently, but it's pretty bad. Not presentable outside of friends. I don't wanna be harsh, but this should really be redone because it's pretty bad sounding.

Sleazeball - Very 90's. A little out of place these days, but people still look for this kind of thing. Perhaps it wasn't the recording quality, but the effect pedal you have for the distortion/overdrive. It sounds awful when turned on. This might be okay if you got some quality effect pedals as expensive as they are. Boring harmonies.. look into something a little more interesting.

You're In Our House Now - The quality of the vocals are best on this track, but still need work. The drums have a few iffy parts here and there.. just some notes that aren't rhythmically accurate. This song is also boring. Very simple progression with one surprise chord. Needs more energy. Was there supposed to be a solo before the last chorus? It didn't stand out enough if so. If not, everything introduced there needs to come in at another time. It didn't make sense.

Charlestown Market - You need to get more original with the chord progressions. I know there isn't too much originality left, but it's pretty bad when I can follow the chords that easily on a first listen. This track overall is pretty bad though. The kind of track that gets dropped come time for the album.

Album art - Wtf is that? Hire an artist or have a friend design something.

Overall notes - There isn't enough energy. And the times there was, it didn't go anywhere. You need contrast otherwise music is boring. Needs more quiet intensity. There's nothing good about having that consistent sound/energy throughout the EP.

All the artsy sound effects and such seem out of place with music like this. I'd get rid of it completely.

You should invest in adding more instruments. I don't mean hire a new guitarist or anything, just have more tracks. Simple progressions aren't bad, but you need to have enough things going on. That, or just less power chords and such.

Overall opinion

It's not very good. These tracks serve as demos for you to learn from, practice, add more layers...but presenting stuff with this quality isn't the best idea. (Unless, of course, you're actually marking them as demos) I don't know what kind of music you guys listen to, but there's an overarching boring sound throughout the EP. I wouldn't buy this. I probably won't even keep the tracks.

Now I expect to hear the ATNW song.

tmmlol

Jack said:

In my upcoming solo album...

Here's my cover of a song by RUTO.  Enjoy.  I think it's better.

http://soundcloud.com/sharrier/sound-2

i was gonna say tmmlol but stupid kitten$ beat me to it >.br/>
kitten$ bieber ♥ said:
tmmlol

Jack said:

In my upcoming solo album...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List