Does anyone know how the album sold?

Views: 279

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It was number 7 the day it came out. Memories was/is on the top 200 singles on iTunes.

elscorcho said:
I forgot to check iTunes the week it came out. Was it on the top ten albums at all?

Daniel [bleed0range] said:
I heard on allthingsweezer it was projected to debut at 45-50,000 but I don't know what the actual figures turned out to be.
I too, am a collector of the real thing. Cds + vinyl. I treasure my old record collection. Digital just doesn't do it for me. Just another T-Rex I guess.

Daniel [bleed0range] said:
Whoa, that's kind of a downer. I personally cannot buy just single songs anymore. I have to have the albums. I have to have the whole picture. If that makes sense. I also prefer to have a hard copy of whatever it is and not just a digital download. I'm kind of a dinosaur when it comes to my music purchasing preferences I guess. I even prefer vinyl at this point to cds.

Chris Andreou said:
It won't matter, no one buys albums anymore. Like 50,000 first week is absolutely terrible, Maladroit sold 150,000 first week, Make Believe 250,000 and Red 130,000. That's why I think Weezer should stick to EPs.

elscorcho said:
They need a hit single to come off this record to make people go buy it.

Chris Andreou said:
It has sold 47, 845 copies including digital downloads and will debut at #6 on the Billboard 200. Very unfortunate.
i hate buying digital.
i know going to the "record store" is a foreign concept know-a-days but i prefer it. i like having the album, looking in the book and just owning a physical copy.

i know eventually everything will probably be digital, which is a bummer.
I totally agree.

anarchocapitalist said:
i hate buying digital.
i know going to the "record store" is a foreign concept know-a-days but i prefer it. i like having the album, looking in the book and just owning a physical copy.

i meant "now-a-days" by the way.

it's funny - my grandparents don't know how to use computers because they're at the age where they never were that much of a factor, it's an extremely distant concept to them, they're not senile or anything they just don't know computers. i feel like by the time i'm 40 my kids will look at me in this light.

Joseph Wortman said:
I totally agree.

anarchocapitalist said:
i hate buying digital.

I'm an album buyer. Gotta have the hard copy.
once i really got into weezer, which wasn't really that long ago (about 4 years) i bought all of the hard copies in one big order. definitely better to have a hard copy, and i feel like it supports the band more somehow.
same here.

elscorcho said:
I'm an album buyer. Gotta have the hard copy.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video