Does anyone know how the album sold?

Views: 279

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, it has yet to break the billboard 200.
I heard on allthingsweezer it was projected to debut at 45-50,000 but I don't know what the actual figures turned out to be.
I forgot to check iTunes the week it came out. Was it on the top ten albums at all?

Daniel [bleed0range] said:
I heard on allthingsweezer it was projected to debut at 45-50,000 but I don't know what the actual figures turned out to be.
It won't sell well at all which is embarrassing. They should just release EPs to save their fame. In Canada it was the #2 album on itunes for pretty much the whole week. See what touring does.
I remember it being 7th on the iTunes top ten. It's 28th right now.

elscorcho said:
I forgot to check iTunes the week it came out. Was it on the top ten albums at all?

Daniel [bleed0range] said:
According to the Youtube blog written by Weezer's camp (Ben/DashGo - =w='s digital marketing) about their invasion of youtube:
http://youtube-global.blogspot.com/2010/09/behind-scenes-of-weezers-new-album.html?spref=fb

"the new album Hurley hit the top 10 on iTunes charts and #1 on Amazon MP3."
Yeah these days, you have to factor in digital downloads. It's not that "embarrassing" to sell less hard copy when you're making up the difference with digital downloads of the album.

Still, do you expect this album to go platinum or something? Besides it not being all that good, there's almost nothing that says "hit" on it.
It has sold 47, 845 copies including digital downloads and will debut at #6 on the Billboard 200. Very unfortunate.
They need a hit single to come off this record to make people go buy it.

Chris Andreou said:
It has sold 47, 845 copies including digital downloads and will debut at #6 on the Billboard 200. Very unfortunate.
It won't matter, no one buys albums anymore. Like 50,000 first week is absolutely terrible, Maladroit sold 150,000 first week, Make Believe 250,000 and Red 130,000. That's why I think Weezer should stick to EPs.

elscorcho said:

Chris Andreou said:
Whoa, that's kind of a downer. I personally cannot buy just single songs anymore. I have to have the albums. I have to have the whole picture. If that makes sense. I also prefer to have a hard copy of whatever it is and not just a digital download. I'm kind of a dinosaur when it comes to my music purchasing preferences I guess. I even prefer vinyl at this point to cds.

Chris Andreou said:
It won't matter, no one buys albums anymore. Like 50,000 first week is absolutely terrible, Maladroit sold 150,000 first week, Make Believe 250,000 and Red 130,000. That's why I think Weezer should stick to EPs.

elscorcho said:

Chris Andreou said:
No I'm not saying EPs will at all, I just think they naturally won't sell well anyways so it would not embarrass the band. If they stop now at least they will end on a semi high note sales wise.

fvck said:
like eps will sell any better?
Chris Andreou said:

elscorcho said:

Chris Andreou said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video