Hey guys i just want to get your opinion on how you think weezer is doing now than in past years..do you guys think they should improve on some things or do you think they are getting better with their music and concerts..I personally think their concerts are alot better now than they were in past years..they seem so alive. Rivers is awesome

Tags: band, bands, car, concert, concerts, del, discussion, fans, forums, mar, More…music, my, opinion, rivers, take, to, tour, weezer, work, years, you

Views: 18

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For a squad of millionaires Weezer still does a good job of making rockin' music.

The blue album will never come again. It's hard for middle aged guys who drive luxury cars and live in expensive homes to connect with that part of them that's hungry and honest.

I'm not hating on them for their success. I'm just saying that the majority of us out here in "I gotta go to work to pay the rent/mortgage/grocery bill" land connected with the Blue album for good reasons. Nearly everyone in my generation (Gen X) could air guitar the solo and sing every word for "Say it ain't so."
You don't connect with regular folk from Beverly Hills. You do it from the garage.

So, "How are they doing?: Pretty good, really. Most bands give us an album every 4 years or so. There's been something good on every Weezer album. Amazing, really, considering how far they are from the days of doing their own laundry and staying up to get baked and play/write after a long day at a crappy job and driving a POS car.
i'd like to see them in Dallas TX. i'd also like to see Rivers singing every song and playing guitar. like to see Pat back on drums. album wise i still like them all. i think this year has been perfect. a new album, a album of rare songs re-recorded, a deluxe reissue with extra songs. i dont expect that much, but at least 1 new weezer record a year would be really cool. i remember them saying they were wanting to do that back around maladroit, but then there was a 3 year gap before make believe came out.
Im sick of the crap they have been releasing the last few years. Most of Red was great it had something Raditude and Hurly dont. It had ambition. Greatest man or King anyone? The songs on the last two albums seem like they were phoned in. IYWIWYTIWYT was the lone good song on Rad. Hurly is pretty immemorable. Having listened to the album several times there arn't anysongs that stick in my mind aside from the chorus of memories.
The only good thing on the =w= horizon is the reissue of Pinkerton. Death metal will fail. If they are putting out stuff on record that wasn't good enough to make it onto Raditude and Hurly then it can't be good at all.
I also believe that their music has gotten alot better :) They shouldn't change their style though..they way they play and they way they do things makes the crowd happy and is a huge plus to their image

Dopplegager said:
Im sick of the crap they have been releasing the last few years. Most of Red was great it had something Raditude and Hurly dont. It had ambition. Greatest man or King anyone? The songs on the last two albums seem like they were phoned in. IYWIWYTIWYT was the lone good song on Rad. Hurly is pretty immemorable. Having listened to the album several times there arn't anysongs that stick in my mind aside from the chorus of memories.
hey you never know if that album will fail..i mean..look at hurley..that was actually really good..very creative album.. The only good thing on the =w= horizon is the reissue of Pinkerton. Death metal will fail. If they are putting out stuff on record that wasn't good enough to make it onto Raditude and Hurly then it can't be good at all.
More guitar solos and more fuzzy basslines!

elscorcho said:
I love everything that they've been doing recently. However, I would like more guitar solos.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video