I know there's a version with a different line in Drugs and a version with a different chorus in Perfect Situation... however my particular album has the altered Drug lyric and the original PS chorus.  So three?  Were there any other edits made to the album, anyone know?

Views: 180

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have the "reach a higher plane" for We Are All On Drugs and the original Perfect Situation chorus too.  And can I just say that I think the original Perfect situation chorus is a lot better then the reworked one.  Does anyone agree with that?
lol I agree with that.  I still am amused that sometimes when I go see them in concert the crowd gets confused about which version to sing.  I know I do.
I love the original chorus. I thought it flowed much better than the reworked one. I still sing the original version at the concerts too haha
Same here. I don't listen to the radio much and went to see them live, and was confused as hell. LOL

Michael Napolitano said:
I love the original chorus. I thought it flowed much better than the reworked one. I still sing the original version at the concerts too haha

Perfect Situation is a textbook example of how Rivers over tweaks his songs and drains the life out of them by doing so. Songs like Listen Up, The Organ Player, Can't Stop Partying and most recently Hang On had most of their original charm stripped from them as time went on and the songs were further 'developed'.

The only* song Post-Pinkerton from memory that has shown a real notable improvement from a demo version to a 'final'/single version is I Don't Want Your Loving. I wasn't fond of the '03 acoustic demo at all (one of my all time least-favourite Weezer songs in all honesty), but I think the band pulled through greatly to make it somewhat listenable on DTFM. Quite a feat for a song with "You are cool and you're hot" as the incipit!

* Keep Fishin' (single version) may be another contender. It's a definite improvement, but it's no I'll Think About You!

Is there anything packaging-wise that distinguishes the different versions of "Make Believe" without having to listen to each song?  How can one tell in the store which version they are buying?  My version came in a jewel case, and it seems to have the original PS chorus.  I'm the sort of person that wants all the versions.
Which one's the original chorus? Is it oh-ho. Oh-ho. Oh-ho-woah. Or does it have the other?
I thought the original chorus was the one that doesn't have Rivers singing the words Perfect Situation over (or underneath?) the oh-ho-woahs.

I definitely agree with you on all points here and every song you mentioned (especially the I Don't Want Your Loving demo which I loathed and deemed worst Rivers song ever until CDW dethroned it). Just listened to Listen Up DC version last night, some very nice lyrics there.

But I need to mention Hold Me because that's probably my favorite "reworked" song next to Pig. Second verse, bridge, solo, bgvs, outro. I know it's not for everyone but damn I think it's pretty great.

Mad Kow also gets a nod. Although I miss the riff from the s2k version, the piano demo is just pure awesome.

An example of an over tweaked song? Private Message. Original demo is perfect. Every version after, featuring 2nd verse lyric changes, or lackluster outros, have been long since forgotten about.

James Stockwell (Jamekae) said:

Perfect Situation is a textbook example of how Rivers over tweaks his songs and drains the life out of them by doing so. Songs like Listen Up, The Organ Player, Can't Stop Partying and most recently Hang On had most of their original charm stripped from them as time went on and the songs were further 'developed'.

The only* song Post-Pinkerton from memory that has shown a real notable improvement from a demo version to a 'final'/single version is I Don't Want Your Loving. I wasn't fond of the '03 acoustic demo at all (one of my all time least-favourite Weezer songs in all honesty), but I think the band pulled through greatly to make it somewhat listenable on DTFM. Quite a feat for a song with "You are cool and you're hot" as the incipit!

* Keep Fishin' (single version) may be another contender. It's a definite improvement, but it's no I'll Think About You!

Wasn't Keep Fishin' itself "retweaked" into having "Hoo Hoo" sung over the intro?

James Stockwell (Jamekae) said:

i think there is more than 3 versions because there will no doubt be special addition ones for japan/ uk with extra songs and all that jazz

best google it

Does anyone have links to a youtube video of the different version of Perfect Situation, Keep Fishin', and We Are All On Drugs?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video