I'm so excited to hear that Weezer are coming to Australia next year, but am sad that they're not coming to Adelaide. However, they're going to the Eastern states, and to Perth, and Adelaide is part-way between, and they have a few days between shows, so why not do a stopover for a show in Adelaide? I know I'd go, I know friends that'd go, and I'm sure that there's a lot of people I don't know who'd go too! Any ideas on how to make that happen?!

Tags: adelaide

Views: 385

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Adelaide to Melbourne flights are pretty cheap, particularly if you also get some friends to chip in with accommodation.   After such a long wait, don't let only one state border get in the way of these shows.  They are well and truly worth it!!!! Good luck :)

a good 16 year push should do it

Ila, I'd suggest you express interest via Twitter and Weezer's Facebook page to make your voice heard. Also, let local venues and promoters know (via email) that you want Weezer to play in Adelaide. It can't do any harm to express interest.

When Rivers was interviewed on Triple J radio on July 13th, he said "We'll play wherever you all want us to play. Start tweeting..sending emails...If the demand is high we'll certainly add more shows."

i know i would go if they came to adelaide. but if not there goes my social life for the next few months. its not as easy as a cheap plane flight.

Wonderful, thanks for that Danielle (sadly I missed that interview, but may have to track it down!). I don't have Twitter, but hopefully my FB message won't get lost in the crowd.

I agree Briony, it's not necessarily as easy as one border crossing...

similar things were said in 2010... nout came of that though

Danielle said:

When Rivers was interviewed on Triple J radio on July 13th, he said "We'll play wherever you all want us to play. Start tweeting..sending emails...If the demand is high we'll certainly add more shows."

Contact Chugg Entertainment. I think he was involved with Foo Fighters when they originally skipped Adelaide.

They eventually came here after some petitions and emails

"Come to Adelaide!!! Beatles weren't going to come to Adelaide..... then they did and were greeted by

350 0000 people!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wyrs5uR-nwc

The welcome wagon is better in Adelaide!

Of course I will travel to Melbourne for the Weezer concert. Not as easy as simply crashing on a friends floor anymore. So yes there are cheap flights to Melbourne, however, it does become somewhat of a mission for the thirtysomething.  This entails my husband and I travelling over there with our small baby, paying for not just our air fares and accomodation but also bringing Great Nan over to look after our little one while we go to the concert.  It will be worth it though!! Can't wait! Might go the tennis also.  Keep that in mind for flights also.

Come to Melbourne, we are organsing a Weezer Australian fanclub get together and going for the show together!

I too will be going to the Melbourne show (from Adelaide). Anyone know much about the Sidney Myer Music Bowl and where the best seats are?

I am worried that ticket allocations for Melbourne will go quick with a lot of Adelaide Weezer fans making the trip across...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video