Make Believe is like Pinkerton in terms of lyrics. Songs like Perfect SItuation, Hold Me, Peace and Haunt you everyday are so similar to pinkerton style weezer. How do most people not like this Make Believe, but love Hurley? Please explain.

Views: 219

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i love make believe (probably my 4th favorite album of theirs) but i don't know about all that... i think it's kind of the bridge between modern Weezer and old-school Weezer

MakeUpOnShelf said:
?

Jeffrey Watts said:
I love love love Make Believe. It's been one of my fav's since in came out. Not only were the lyrics and music great, but it came with with 3 kick-ass music videos. One of their best. On the promo sticker it said "the most important album of their career". I tend to agree.
There's nothing wrong with pop. TBA surely is a pop album and Buddy Holly is a pop anthem. However, Weezer has proved that they can be completely raw with Pinkerton. The crunchy guitars, over compressed drums, dissonant solos, honest lyrics and shouted vocals are all elements of raw music. As for indie, until recently Weezer has been on major label which is kind of the opposite of indie. However, they actually signed to Epitaph (an indie label) so technically speaking, they are now an indie band.

Andy C said:
Weezer is a pop band. This has been evident from their first album. Sorry, but you're not gonna find "indie" or "raw" here.
Epitaph or not, Weezer's not an indie band!

Kezner32 said:
There's nothing wrong with pop. TBA surely is a pop album and Buddy Holly is a pop anthem. However, Weezer has proved that they can be completely raw with Pinkerton. The crunchy guitars, over compressed drums, dissonant solos, honest lyrics and shouted vocals are all elements of raw music. As for indie, until recently Weezer has been on major label which is kind of the opposite of indie. However, they actually signed to Epitaph (an indie label) so technically speaking, they are now an indie band.

Andy C said:
Weezer is a pop band. This has been evident from their first album. Sorry, but you're not gonna find "indie" or "raw" here.
From Wikipedia:

In popular music, independent music, often shortened to indie music or "indie", is a term used to describe independence from major commercial record labels and an autonomous, Do-It-Yourself approach to recording and publishing.

j-biebs said:
uh ok, independent label means independent band.
there is no other meaning to the word indie.

legendofchin97 said:

Kezner32 said:

Andy C said:
GEE WAIT I THOUGHT INDIE WAS A STYLE OF MUSIC

j-biebs said:
uh ok, independent label means independent band.
there is no other meaning to the word indie.

legendofchin97 said:

Kezner32 said:

Andy C said:
I love Make Believe, thoroughly. When I want a CD in the car to belt out loud, it's Make Believe that I choose. I don't compare it to Blue or Pink, or anything else that came before it. I just love it for what it is.
I bought Make Believe within a day or two of its release and rocked it in my car for a good long time. I don't really listen to it anymore but I still think it is a decent album. I am not a fan of "Beverly Hills" nor "We Are All On Drugs"...despite the commercial success of the former I think the album would be better with these songs removed.

I really really love this album and I really want to give it a 5/5, but it's more like a 4.5 because of certain tracks.

Beverly Hills 5/5

Perfect Situation 5/5

This is Such a Pity 5/5

Hold Me 5/5

Peace 5/5

We Are All On Drugs 3/5

The Damage In Your Heart 4/5

Pardon Me 4/5

My Best Friend 5/5

The Other Way 4/5

Freak Me Out 5/5

Haunt You Every Day 5/5

Average = 4.58

Excellent first half and finish, with a weaker middle bulk.

I love Make Believe but i'm not a big fan of the last few songs on the album, it's my 5th favourite Weezer album.

Beverly Hills 5.5/10
Perfect Situation 7.5/10
This is Such a Pity 8/10
Hold Me 7.5/10
Peace 7.5/10
We Are All on Drugs 1.5/10
The Damage in Your Heart 8/10
Pardon Me 6/10
My Best Friend 3/10
The Other Way 8/10
Freak Me Out 6.5/10
Haunt You Every Day 7.5/10 

imo.

After hearing their last 3 albums I've come to appreciate Make Believe even more. I've always liked it but was bothered by "Best Friend" and "We are all on drugs", i think there were a couple more that I can't remember. As far as Hurley, the only ones I kind of like are "Ruling me" and "Trainwrecks" but they will never make it on the playlist with my friends are in the car.
Wait, I can understand why people dislike Beverly Hills (although I liked it once I stopped hearing it every 20 minutes), but why do people hate on We Are All On Drugs? I like that song.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video