Was just wondering if anyone knew?  This album definitely deserves it.

Tags: pinkerton, platinum, weezer

Views: 115

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

technically the album will only deserve it once it sells over a million copies.
What fluck said

Very insightful, fluck.  I'm proud of you for knowing what it takes to make certified platinum, but I'm really just wondering if anyone knew how close Pinkerton was to 1,000,000 copies being sold.  As of 2009, 852,000 copies of Pinkerton have been sold. (Credit: Wikipedia)  Since it's 2011, I can imagine that it must be pretty close.  I've tried Googling it, but I haven't gotten an answer yet where sales are currently at. 

Perhaps someone knows a place where I haven't looked yet?

fluck said:

technically the album will only deserve it once it sells over a million copies.
i'd say it's at most hovering around 900k, and that's a pretty optimistic guess.

David Stepp (DJS92491) said:

As of 2009, 852,000 copies of Pinkerton have been sold. (Credit: Wikipedia)  Since it's 2011, I can imagine that it must be pretty close. 

Do Deluxe sales count with the original album sales?

fluck said:
i'd say it's at most hovering around 900k, and that's a pretty optimistic guess.

As of 2009, 852,000 copies of Pinkerton have been sold. (Credit: Wikipedia)  Since it's 2011, I can imagine that it must be pretty close. 

yes.
That could be one of the reasons they reissued it.

Do Deluxe sales count with the original album sales?

fluck said:

They re-released Pinkerton because they wanted to recapture some of the old fan base by regurgitating old material (With demos!!) instead of making decent new stuff.
What are the sales figures from the other albums?  Anybody know?
I'm thankful we have "Not Blurkom" here to enlighten us with shocking and tantalizing tidbits on how this band really operates.
Pretty close. 
It'll get there... eventually.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service