I would just like to start this thread of disappointment and anger, and I ask for everyone that is also furious to contribute.

It's a shame that the real =w= fans will have to pay almost double the price, buying off stubhub, because scalpers stocked up on the presale tickets.

THERE ARE PEOPLE ON STUBHUB IN POSSESION OF OVER 40 TICKETS!!!

ONE GUY WHO BOUGHT 63 TICKETS HAS MADE A PROFIT OF OVER $1200!!!

I'm just really mad at the fact that i've been looking forward to this for awhile now, and just because ticketmaster, or whoever, handled this terribly, I'm not going to be able to go.

SOLD OUT TO THE PUBLIC INSTANTLY!!!

shame shame shame...

I realize that this is not the bands fault, but perhaps we can recieve retribution or something.  

If you read this Karl, thank you for your time.

Views: 144

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh and I'm 33. My teeny boper days a long behind me.
Amen Danny!!!

Dannyc said:
PLUS ONE FOR ALL RESPONDERS. I think this board is full of a bunch of teenie bobpers that dont yet know how the world works! pay big money if you want to see a show or sit at home!

placemats said:
Blah blah blah.

Killerkev369 said:
You guys make no sense. If they held a site presale we would probably have to pay to use the site. Scalpers just want to make a quick buck. Fork out the cash for God's sake. It's the real world. I understand your frustration but you're going to have to deal with it. I doubt Karl or anyone in Weezer would do anything anyways.

placemats said:
Yes, it is pretty much Weezer's fault. They could be doing something about this if they wanted to. And they shouldn't necessarily stop doing presales, but they need to hold a presale for registered users on this site FIRST. Then require ticket purchasers to show and ID upon entering the event. This wouldn't completely eliminate the problem with scalpers, but it certainly would help. I've said this so many times, I feel like a broken record. Done.

jamesmadrox said:
it's not really weezer's fault. but they should stop doin pre-sales for sure

Christina Vitale said:
What a BIG disappointment. My fiance and I are both huge Weezer fans and we've gone to quite a few shows. When we heard they were going to do a Pinkerton/Blue album concert, we were so frickin excited! But he went onto ticketmaster the morning they went on sale and of course.....sold out INSTANTLY. A few minutes later, ebay and stubhub showed tickets hundreds and thousands more than face value .....WTF!? It's nothing really new but I'm upset with Weezer that nothing is being done about this because it is SO not fair to the real fans!!!! I'm so tired of these online scalpers, they get away with it all the time. Sorry Weezer, but I'm not forking over a $1,000 because some guy in Nevada has tickets to the NY show.......
Maybe its not a matter if someone even has the ability for "fork out the cash" I can barely afford to eat as it stands right now. I would've comfortably lived off of chow mien and ramen for a month to see weezer. But frankly i payed 15 dollars to see jimmy eat world, and 50 bucks to see muse. weezer should be something in between. there is no way i can sacrifice almost an entire months rent on a weezer ticket or 2. Sure you can call me not a real fan but I pinkerton was one of the reasons I started to play guitar. I can play the album front to back including the TOS solo (fun but a beyatch). I was ecstatic when they played "falling for you" on the enlightenment tour. I don't know what i'm saying im just not happy
Yes, by all means, continue to support a system that screws people over.

Rob Caruso said:
Amen Danny!!!

Dannyc said:
PLUS ONE FOR ALL RESPONDERS. I think this board is full of a bunch of teenie bobpers that dont yet know how the world works! pay big money if you want to see a show or sit at home!

placemats said:
Blah blah blah.

Killerkev369 said:
You guys make no sense. If they held a site presale we would probably have to pay to use the site. Scalpers just want to make a quick buck. Fork out the cash for God's sake. It's the real world. I understand your frustration but you're going to have to deal with it. I doubt Karl or anyone in Weezer would do anything anyways.

placemats said:
Yes, it is pretty much Weezer's fault. They could be doing something about this if they wanted to. And they shouldn't necessarily stop doing presales, but they need to hold a presale for registered users on this site FIRST. Then require ticket purchasers to show and ID upon entering the event. This wouldn't completely eliminate the problem with scalpers, but it certainly would help. I've said this so many times, I feel like a broken record. Done.

jamesmadrox said:
it's not really weezer's fault. but they should stop doin pre-sales for sure

Christina Vitale said:
What a BIG disappointment. My fiance and I are both huge Weezer fans and we've gone to quite a few shows. When we heard they were going to do a Pinkerton/Blue album concert, we were so frickin excited! But he went onto ticketmaster the morning they went on sale and of course.....sold out INSTANTLY. A few minutes later, ebay and stubhub showed tickets hundreds and thousands more than face value .....WTF!? It's nothing really new but I'm upset with Weezer that nothing is being done about this because it is SO not fair to the real fans!!!! I'm so tired of these online scalpers, they get away with it all the time. Sorry Weezer, but I'm not forking over a $1,000 because some guy in Nevada has tickets to the NY show.......
gas $60, parking $12, paying a scalper for weezer tickets priceless pointless... for everything else use mastercard?

Jonas Sabatini said:
Maybe its not a matter if someone even has the ability for "fork out the cash" I can barely afford to eat as it stands right now.

THANK YOU. This is smarter than and is basically the answer to every stupid thing this Dannyc fellow posted. No, we CAN'T all afford this. People saved up for tickets, they didn't save up to pay off some j****** scalper. When you've got no expendable income as it is, I'm sorry, fifty extra dollars a night DOES make a huge difference.

At that, this presale thing didn't happen with any of the other Memories shows and it rarely happens. We got screwed, plain and simple. This whole, "IT'S THE REAL WORLD, GET USED TO IT," mentality just leads to a totally submissive, passive, s*** eating consumer society more so than it already is. Sorry, it's NOT okay and just because I'm not willing to support e-scalping doesn't mean I'm not a "true fan", thus throwing that b******* argument right out the window.
i saw it, i agree its a shame, but i dont know what to do about it. Scalping safeguards were in place but clearly some lame people are one step ahead of the game. Its a high tech hacking scene now thats nearly impossible to police or even prove wrongdoing in. Im sorry, i wish it was easier.

karl koch [karlophone] said:
i saw it, i agree its a shame, but i dont know what to do about it. Scalping safeguards were in place but clearly some lame people are one step ahead of the game. Its a high tech hacking scene now thats nearly impossible to police or even prove wrongdoing in. Im sorry, i wish it was easier.

I think most people understand that it's completely out of your hands and the band's hands at this point, and not much could have really been done if you were made aware of it prior, even.

Sorry for the swearing :( I'm still adjusting.
release this on dvd!! :D

runnersdialzero said:

Jonas Sabatini said:
Maybe its not a matter if someone even has the ability for "fork out the cash" I can barely afford to eat as it stands right now.

THANK YOU. This is smarter than and is basically the answer to every stupid thing this Dannyc fellow posted. No, we CAN'T all afford this. People saved up for tickets, they didn't save up to pay off some j****** scalper. When you've got no expendable income as it is, I'm sorry, fifty extra dollars a night DOES make a huge difference.

At that, this presale thing didn't happen with any of the other Memories shows and it rarely happens. We got screwed, plain and simple. This whole, "IT'S THE REAL WORLD, GET USED TO IT," mentality just leads to a totally submissive, passive, s*** eating consumer society more so than it already is. Sorry, it's NOT okay and just because I'm not willing to support e-scalping doesn't mean I'm not a "true fan", thus throwing that b******* argument right out the window.
These are completely valid points that Im happy someone was sane enough to point it all out. I'd be more than happy to spend as much money as I could in order to see the band, I'm just in a place financially that I cant. What ticks me off (and i think a lot of people agree) is that my opportunity to see the show paying what would be deemed a reasonable amount has been taken from me through unethical practices and people. Am I still going to consider paying prices that are out of my price range because some jack ass bought a butt load of tix at midnight? Possibly- I wont deny it. What it comes down to to me is not whether the tix are 20 bucks or 400 bucks, its that someone else is taking my money who IS NOT THE BAND and has no right to it.

HAHAHAHAHA

what was in place you could buy as many tickkets as you wanted with a amex on presale. I hope they do more shows.

Now the venues are going to be half empty because nobody wants to fork over 200 per ticket like it is on eBay or any of the other sites.

What a shame.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video