I would just like to start this thread of disappointment and anger, and I ask for everyone that is also furious to contribute.

It's a shame that the real =w= fans will have to pay almost double the price, buying off stubhub, because scalpers stocked up on the presale tickets.

THERE ARE PEOPLE ON STUBHUB IN POSSESION OF OVER 40 TICKETS!!!

ONE GUY WHO BOUGHT 63 TICKETS HAS MADE A PROFIT OF OVER $1200!!!

I'm just really mad at the fact that i've been looking forward to this for awhile now, and just because ticketmaster, or whoever, handled this terribly, I'm not going to be able to go.

SOLD OUT TO THE PUBLIC INSTANTLY!!!

shame shame shame...

I realize that this is not the bands fault, but perhaps we can recieve retribution or something.  

If you read this Karl, thank you for your time.

Views: 144

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

paying $95 for a concert ticket is absurb. If the original cast of star wars toured as a rock band, in full costume, playing the Final Countdown and Freebird, I wouldn't pay $95. Face value for the chicago show is $42.50, which is still a crap load of money.

runnersdialzero said:

Dannyc said:
If you dont have 30 more dollars to spend on a once in a lifetime show then shut your face! Ticketmaster no longer limits presales! If the show is in high demand, you HAVE to use an amex card if you want tickets on ticketmaster. There were ZERO tickets available to the public on sale because it sold out beforehand! Ticketmaster started this 2 months ago, and this is how it will be for a while. Unless the band has a fan presale (which any band can) you need to use an amex card. You can get one at any drugstore and add money to it. I bought my pair on ebay at 10:20AM after trying the general ticketmaster sale for 95.00 each (only 20 dollars more than face each). I have been waiting 14 years for this show and if you have as well, 20 extra dollars or even 100 extra dollars is worth it. Im driving 8 hours to see this show so driving from CT or MA is nothing to complain about.

How old are all of you? you cant afford $150.00 for a ticket to a show you have been waiting for for 14 years? Do you not know how to save your money?

Too much complaining on this board. This show will be filled with 2500 fans that dont mind paying 90-150 for a night of weezer playing their favorite album in FULL. If you dont think its worth that much, catch a different show where they play all the other stuff (if you are into it).

Weezer took the package offered by ticketmaster that would make the most money, as they should have! As to why they didnt offer a fan presale is beyond me.

Also, this show is GENERAL ADMISSION! You can be FRONT ROW with any ticket. Not all the other shows are like this. In boston you have to pay the 300+ PER TICKET to get anywhere near the first 10 rows!

Good God, I've never seen anything so obnoxious and ignorant. I was going to take the time to explain how off you are with basically every sentence you said, but why bother?
I'll pay over $100 for a concert ticket when John Lennon comes back from the dead, until then not a chance

Gregor =w= Langbehn said:
paying $95 for a concert ticket is absurb. If the original cast of star wars toured as a rock band, in full costume, playing the Final Countdown and Freebird, I wouldn't pay $95. Face value for the chicago show is $42.50, which is still a crap load of money.

runnersdialzero said:

Dannyc said:
If you dont have 30 more dollars to spend on a once in a lifetime show then shut your face! Ticketmaster no longer limits presales! If the show is in high demand, you HAVE to use an amex card if you want tickets on ticketmaster. There were ZERO tickets available to the public on sale because it sold out beforehand! Ticketmaster started this 2 months ago, and this is how it will be for a while. Unless the band has a fan presale (which any band can) you need to use an amex card. You can get one at any drugstore and add money to it. I bought my pair on ebay at 10:20AM after trying the general ticketmaster sale for 95.00 each (only 20 dollars more than face each). I have been waiting 14 years for this show and if you have as well, 20 extra dollars or even 100 extra dollars is worth it. Im driving 8 hours to see this show so driving from CT or MA is nothing to complain about.

How old are all of you? you cant afford $150.00 for a ticket to a show you have been waiting for for 14 years? Do you not know how to save your money?

Too much complaining on this board. This show will be filled with 2500 fans that dont mind paying 90-150 for a night of weezer playing their favorite album in FULL. If you dont think its worth that much, catch a different show where they play all the other stuff (if you are into it).

Weezer took the package offered by ticketmaster that would make the most money, as they should have! As to why they didnt offer a fan presale is beyond me.

Also, this show is GENERAL ADMISSION! You can be FRONT ROW with any ticket. Not all the other shows are like this. In boston you have to pay the 300+ PER TICKET to get anywhere near the first 10 rows!

Good God, I've never seen anything so obnoxious and ignorant. I was going to take the time to explain how off you are with basically every sentence you said, but why bother?
I completely understand. I have the same EXACT thoughts when I read all the b******* on here. It comes down to what its worth to you. Blue and Pinkerton are weezer to me. Im sure you have heard it before, and you can call me all the names you want ( I actually despise pitchfork). Its just an opinion. Those 2 albums were the soundtrack to my youth. I have listened to all the 2nd version of weezer albums at least 3 times through and I just cant get into more than 2 songs. Anytime weezer has come through my area in the past 6 years, tickets have been 55.00 at a MINIMUM. That means I am paying 55 dollars to hear at most 4 songs. They came through in August, charged over 60 a ticket, played an hour and 15 minutes, only 1 song from pinkerton. I know I shouldn't expect more than that when they are promoting a new album and have so many more songs. I don't expect more than that, I just have hope every time I go. There are BOATLOADS of people who have this same exact feeling. These are the people who can pay 30 dollars extra per ticket to be guaranteed to hear what they have paid hundreds the past few years to possibly hear.

My younger sister likes weezer. She would never pay the going rate for these tickets because she grew up to the 2nd version of weezer. She loves blue and pinkerton, but loves the other albums just as much. I would never pay more than 60 to see a NORMAL concert, but when its something special like this, its worth it.

I know 20 people around this country that are driving more than 10 hours and would give up paying a months rent just for a chance to see these shows, and they are. Karl will not "save" any of you. $150.00 a ticket is not a lot for the people who have been dreaming of this for 14 years. This message board is full of people who complain that they "WILL NOT PAY THAT MUCH". Its fine, there are hundreds of other weezer forum members that are ecstatic that they got tickets for as little as 150.

Everyone has different opinions and thats ok. You are all using this forum to vent because it's easy and think something will be done about it. I am using this forum to state my opinion. Thats how it works.

Obviously I hope they add more shows, and that they give a fan pre-sale next time. But its good to know I will be front row seeing my dream show with 2500 other fans singing along to every word, and not being buzkilled by something like pork and beans.

runnersdialzero said:

Dannyc said:

Dannyc said:
I completely understand. I have the same EXACT thoughts when I read all the b******* on here. It comes down to what its worth to you. Blue and Pinkerton are weezer to me. Im sure you have heard it before, and you can call me all the names you want ( I actually despise pitchfork). Its just an opinion. Those 2 albums were the soundtrack to my youth. I have listened to all the 2nd version of weezer albums at least 3 times through and I just cant get into more than 2 songs. Anytime weezer has come through my area in the past 6 years, tickets have been 55.00 at a MINIMUM. That means I am paying 55 dollars to hear at most 4 songs. They came through in August, charged over 60 a ticket, played an hour and 15 minutes, only 1 song from pinkerton. I know I shouldn't expect more than that when they are promoting a new album and have so many more songs. I don't expect more than that, I just have hope every time I go. There are BOATLOADS of people who have this same exact feeling. These are the people who can pay 30 dollars extra per ticket to be guaranteed to hear what they have paid hundreds the past few years to possibly hear.

My younger sister likes weezer. She would never pay the going rate for these tickets because she grew up to the 2nd version of weezer. She loves blue and pinkerton, but loves the other albums just as much. I would never pay more than 60 to see a NORMAL concert, but when its something special like this, its worth it.

I know 20 people around this country that are driving more than 10 hours and would give up paying a months rent just for a chance to see these shows, and they are. Karl will not "save" any of you. $150.00 a ticket is not a lot for the people who have been dreaming of this for 14 years. This message board is full of people who complain that they "WILL NOT PAY THAT MUCH". Its fine, there are hundreds of other weezer forum members that are ecstatic that they got tickets for as little as 150.

Everyone has different opinions and thats ok. You are all using this forum to vent because it's easy and think something will be done about it. I am using this forum to state my opinion. Thats how it works.

Obviously I hope they add more shows, and that they give a fan pre-sale next time. But its good to know I will be front row seeing my dream show with 2500 other fans singing along to every word, and not being buzkilled by something like pork and beans.

runnersdialzero said:

Dannyc said:

You are totally missing the point. It's not that we have to spend 150 on a ticket. It's that we have to do it twice. I wouldn't mind spending 150 if they were playing blue and pink in one night. They easily could have done it that way. The reality of the situation is that we now have to spend a minimum of 300 dollars just to see one nights worth of material. It has nothing to do with people not knowing how to save money. What a stupid thing to say. Makes me wonder. How old are YOU Danny?
I get what you are saying. Its really expensive. I was talking about only seeing the pinkerton show. Ive seen all the blue songs played live as im sure most of you have the past few years. Its the pinkrton songs Ive been waiting for that makes this so special. If we are talking 300 for both shows, Its cheaper than the seated Boston shows (300 for one night if you want good seats). Doing both albums in one show for 2 days in a row would have been killer, plus the fan presale, but the band wants be able to retire and support their families. Im 26, full time student, full time worker just like most of you I'm sure. No one has to pay more than 100 for this show. Ticket prices were 80-100 before the public onsale and they will go back down agin before the show happens. Right now is prime time NOT to buy. I remember tickets being 20-25 for the largest of shows. Its horrible how much tickets are these days, but touring is the only way the bands make money now.

Derek Denim said:

Dannyc said:

runnersdialzero said:

Dannyc said:

You are totally missing the point. It's not that we have to spend 150 on a ticket. It's that we have to do it twice. I wouldn't mind spending 150 if they were playing blue and pink in one night. They easily could have done it that way. The reality of the situation is that we now have to spend a minimum of 300 dollars just to see one nights worth of material. It has nothing to do with people not knowing how to save money. What a stupid thing to say. Makes me wonder. How old are YOU Danny?
everybody quit whining. it sucks, but that's how 99% of ticketed events work these days.

i'm coming from Australia, missed out on regular tickets, so had to get VIP, there was no other option for me. if you REALLY want to see the shows, suck it up and pay
Whoa! There are some scumbags that like to make profit anyway they can. We should tar and feather those peeps.
You guys make no sense. If they held a site presale we would probably have to pay to use the site. Scalpers just want to make a quick buck. Fork out the cash for God's sake. It's the real world. I understand your frustration but you're going to have to deal with it. I doubt Karl or anyone in Weezer would do anything anyways.

placemats said:
Yes, it is pretty much Weezer's fault. They could be doing something about this if they wanted to. And they shouldn't necessarily stop doing presales, but they need to hold a presale for registered users on this site FIRST. Then require ticket purchasers to show and ID upon entering the event. This wouldn't completely eliminate the problem with scalpers, but it certainly would help. I've said this so many times, I feel like a broken record. Done.

jamesmadrox said:
it's not really weezer's fault. but they should stop doin pre-sales for sure

Christina Vitale said:
What a BIG disappointment. My fiance and I are both huge Weezer fans and we've gone to quite a few shows. When we heard they were going to do a Pinkerton/Blue album concert, we were so frickin excited! But he went onto ticketmaster the morning they went on sale and of course.....sold out INSTANTLY. A few minutes later, ebay and stubhub showed tickets hundreds and thousands more than face value .....WTF!? It's nothing really new but I'm upset with Weezer that nothing is being done about this because it is SO not fair to the real fans!!!! I'm so tired of these online scalpers, they get away with it all the time. Sorry Weezer, but I'm not forking over a $1,000 because some guy in Nevada has tickets to the NY show.......
Blah blah blah.

Killerkev369 said:
You guys make no sense. If they held a site presale we would probably have to pay to use the site. Scalpers just want to make a quick buck. Fork out the cash for God's sake. It's the real world. I understand your frustration but you're going to have to deal with it. I doubt Karl or anyone in Weezer would do anything anyways.

placemats said:
Yes, it is pretty much Weezer's fault. They could be doing something about this if they wanted to. And they shouldn't necessarily stop doing presales, but they need to hold a presale for registered users on this site FIRST. Then require ticket purchasers to show and ID upon entering the event. This wouldn't completely eliminate the problem with scalpers, but it certainly would help. I've said this so many times, I feel like a broken record. Done.

jamesmadrox said:

Christina Vitale said:
What a BIG disappointment. My fiance and I are both huge Weezer fans and we've gone to quite a few shows. When we heard they were going to do a Pinkerton/Blue album concert, we were so frickin excited! But he went onto ticketmaster the morning they went on sale and of course.....sold out INSTANTLY. A few minutes later, ebay and stubhub showed tickets hundreds and thousands more than face value .....WTF!? It's nothing really new but I'm upset with Weezer that nothing is being done about this because it is SO not fair to the real fans!!!! I'm so tired of these online scalpers, they get away with it all the time. Sorry Weezer, but I'm not forking over a $1,000 because some guy in Nevada has tickets to the NY show.......
It's people like you that make scalping profitable, this is all your fault.

Dannyc said:
PLUS ONE FOR ALL RESPONDERS. I think this board is full of a bunch of teenie bobpers that dont yet know how the world works! pay big money if you want to see a show or sit at home!

placemats said:
Blah blah blah.

Killerkev369 said:

placemats said:

jamesmadrox said:

Christina Vitale said:
I'm sorry Danny, but you are coming across as a total knob here. Saying the reason people are moaning is because they don't understand how money works? You say everyone is teenyboppers, but I can only imagine teenyboppers being used to paying prices like this. I'm sure a lot of mainstream top 10 pop acts charge these type of prices, but i'll bet that the bands most people on this forum are in to do nothing of the sort. I am seeing Flaming Lips next year play Soft Bulletin in it's entirety, with support from Dinosaur Jnr playing all of Bug and Deerhoof playing all of Milkman. The tickets cost about £40. I'm sure there are as many people clamouring for tickets to a ONE OFF gig in London, of an album being performed which is as highly, if not more highly, considered than pinkerton or blue, than are trying to get tickets to one of a multiple date weezer tour. I'd say the top end I pay for bands is £35 (£40 is an exceptional case) and that most defiantly includes weezer.

No one should expect to pay the amounts you've mentioned. As for it just being kids who don't know about money complaining, I'd think it would be quite understandable for an adult with rent/mortage, possibly a partner and kids, to think that spending around £300 (when you factor in travel/expenses) for a concert.

Dannyc said:
PLUS ONE FOR ALL RESPONDERS. I think this board is full of a bunch of teenie bobpers that dont yet know how the world works! pay big money if you want to see a show or sit at home!

placemats said:
Blah blah blah.

Killerkev369 said:

placemats said:

jamesmadrox said:

Christina Vitale said:
Well said Amuro!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video