I would just like to start this thread of disappointment and anger, and I ask for everyone that is also furious to contribute.

It's a shame that the real =w= fans will have to pay almost double the price, buying off stubhub, because scalpers stocked up on the presale tickets.

THERE ARE PEOPLE ON STUBHUB IN POSSESION OF OVER 40 TICKETS!!!

ONE GUY WHO BOUGHT 63 TICKETS HAS MADE A PROFIT OF OVER $1200!!!

I'm just really mad at the fact that i've been looking forward to this for awhile now, and just because ticketmaster, or whoever, handled this terribly, I'm not going to be able to go.

SOLD OUT TO THE PUBLIC INSTANTLY!!!

shame shame shame...

I realize that this is not the bands fault, but perhaps we can recieve retribution or something.  

If you read this Karl, thank you for your time.

Views: 144

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No. I'm an independent, but I am a partier!

j-biebs said:
so was i right?

Rob Caruso said:
chooch, jackass, same thing.

j-biebs said:
ron, rob, same thing.

Rob Caruso said:
If you're referring to me, my name's Rob, and you're still a chooch.

j-biebs said:
bet you twenty bucks that ron is one of those teabaggers partiers.
Actually it's bastards like me who are willing to pay double for the tix that you should be mad at. Just sayin'
What a BIG disappointment. My fiance and I are both huge Weezer fans and we've gone to quite a few shows. When we heard they were going to do a Pinkerton/Blue album concert, we were so frickin excited! But he went onto ticketmaster the morning they went on sale and of course.....sold out INSTANTLY. A few minutes later, ebay and stubhub showed tickets hundreds and thousands more than face value .....WTF!? It's nothing really new but I'm upset with Weezer that nothing is being done about this because it is SO not fair to the real fans!!!! I'm so tired of these online scalpers, they get away with it all the time. Sorry Weezer, but I'm not forking over a $1,000 because some guy in Nevada has tickets to the NY show.......
it's not really weezer's fault. but they should stop doin pre-sales for sure



Christina Vitale said:
What a BIG disappointment. My fiance and I are both huge Weezer fans and we've gone to quite a few shows. When we heard they were going to do a Pinkerton/Blue album concert, we were so frickin excited! But he went onto ticketmaster the morning they went on sale and of course.....sold out INSTANTLY. A few minutes later, ebay and stubhub showed tickets hundreds and thousands more than face value .....WTF!? It's nothing really new but I'm upset with Weezer that nothing is being done about this because it is SO not fair to the real fans!!!! I'm so tired of these online scalpers, they get away with it all the time. Sorry Weezer, but I'm not forking over a $1,000 because some guy in Nevada has tickets to the NY show.......
I'm with you guys. Nothing in England.



Your Latest Tragedy said:
Definitely not alone. Any hope for a European Memories tour crumble away like a wet sponge cake

Cathy Sherman said:


Echoes said:
This is so offensive. I was looking forward to a fun weekend of mirth and merriment with my fellow Weezer fans...but now all I'm doing that weekend is listening to Pinkerton Deluxe while drinking heavily...alone...in my room.

You won't be alone....
I completely agree with you guys, I personally hate dealing with scalpers it is truly crap. I realize 'some people gotta make a living' but this isn't an ethical way in my view. I'm a starving musician so I'll probably never get to see weezer again. Granted I have seen them basically every show they've done in New England since about 02' ? (hyper extended midget tour). But you know, there is no way I can afford over $45 dollars for a ticket plus the gas to get MA or CT. I can't do it. I'd donate blood but I'm anemic.

I really wish us fans had a way to get around the head hunters. please karl help us.
You can get a pre-loaded AMEX card at any grocery store.. Anyone can get one..
a lil personal background: =w= has been my favorite band since I was 10 years olds, in 1994. I played with them on stage at their Grand Rapids, MI show back in 2005. I've gone to grocery stores (with a music section) at midnight for every single album release since green.....so, when I first heard about the Memories Tour, I knew I was in for 2 of the best nights of my life.

I, like others on here, don't have an AMEX card; I could have one, but I choose not to because I have a VISA and a MasterCard. I didn't think it would be a big deal because I didn't think this would sell out, especially since the band was worried about the possibility of this tour even working, i.e. selling tickets. So, I go to check for tickets on friday night...they are still there. I go back on Saturday morning to buy them, and they are gone.

Here's my beef, Ticketmaster sucks, everyone knows that, but they are like the Federal Reserve Banking system, an evil that we can't live without unless we want to pay a lot more for tickets. All ticketing services suck, but they do make it A LOT easier for bands and venues to put on shows.

Here's my beef with Weezer. They should have known how popular this was going to be. So ,they should have done bigger venues, or offered up a fanclub/mailing list pre-sale. This ensures that all the hardcore fans have a for sure way to get tickets if they want them - so then, those who aren't board members, know about the oppurtunity to get into the pre-sale.

I do realize that Weezer is a business, but they've been pretty business oriented for as long as I can remember. Why not make this tour for the fans, the ones that grew up with these 2 albums and have never heard but a few Pinkerton songs live because River's dice rolled a certain way or he just didn't want to play them.

In theory, Weezer shouldn't have to worry about this, but they should also know that this type of thing happens ALL THE TIME, and could have taken preventive measures, but either A) didn't think to do it, or B) had a contract obligation that prohibited them from doing it. Both of which make me sad, for this tour, and this tour alone.

I will always be a =w= fan, Only In Dreams will probably always be my favorite song, but =w= has been tainted now, and knowing that I missed out on seeing Blue/Pink played all the way through just because I don't have an AMEX card and can't afford $150 premium seats will leave a bitter taste in my mouth for the rest of my music listening/concert going years.
Yes, it is pretty much Weezer's fault. They could be doing something about this if they wanted to. And they shouldn't necessarily stop doing presales, but they need to hold a presale for registered users on this site FIRST. Then require ticket purchasers to show and ID upon entering the event. This wouldn't completely eliminate the problem with scalpers, but it certainly would help. I've said this so many times, I feel like a broken record. Done.

jamesmadrox said:
it's not really weezer's fault. but they should stop doin pre-sales for sure



Christina Vitale said:
What a BIG disappointment. My fiance and I are both huge Weezer fans and we've gone to quite a few shows. When we heard they were going to do a Pinkerton/Blue album concert, we were so frickin excited! But he went onto ticketmaster the morning they went on sale and of course.....sold out INSTANTLY. A few minutes later, ebay and stubhub showed tickets hundreds and thousands more than face value .....WTF!? It's nothing really new but I'm upset with Weezer that nothing is being done about this because it is SO not fair to the real fans!!!! I'm so tired of these online scalpers, they get away with it all the time. Sorry Weezer, but I'm not forking over a $1,000 because some guy in Nevada has tickets to the NY show.......
I know it's not really Weezer's fault, but more bands should step up to what is going on with this crap. Like with Green day, they had will-call only tickets for a NYC show I went to - you had to show up with your ID, there's gotta be a better way to shut these online scalpers down!



jamesmadrox said:
it's not really weezer's fault. but they should stop doin pre-sales for sure



Christina Vitale said:
What a BIG disappointment. My fiance and I are both huge Weezer fans and we've gone to quite a few shows. When we heard they were going to do a Pinkerton/Blue album concert, we were so frickin excited! But he went onto ticketmaster the morning they went on sale and of course.....sold out INSTANTLY. A few minutes later, ebay and stubhub showed tickets hundreds and thousands more than face value .....WTF!? It's nothing really new but I'm upset with Weezer that nothing is being done about this because it is SO not fair to the real fans!!!! I'm so tired of these online scalpers, they get away with it all the time. Sorry Weezer, but I'm not forking over a $1,000 because some guy in Nevada has tickets to the NY show.......
If you dont have 30 more dollars to spend on a once in a lifetime show then shut your face! Ticketmaster no longer limits presales! If the show is in high demand, you HAVE to use an amex card if you want tickets on ticketmaster. There were ZERO tickets available to the public on sale because it sold out beforehand! Ticketmaster started this 2 months ago, and this is how it will be for a while. Unless the band has a fan presale (which any band can) you need to use an amex card. You can get one at any drugstore and add money to it. I bought my pair on ebay at 10:20AM after trying the general ticketmaster sale for 95.00 each (only 20 dollars more than face each). I have been waiting 14 years for this show and if you have as well, 20 extra dollars or even 100 extra dollars is worth it. Im driving 8 hours to see this show so driving from CT or MA is nothing to complain about.

How old are all of you? you cant afford $150.00 for a ticket to a show you have been waiting for for 14 years? Do you not know how to save your money?

Too much complaining on this board. This show will be filled with 2500 fans that dont mind paying 90-150 for a night of weezer playing their favorite album in FULL. If you dont think its worth that much, catch a different show where they play all the other stuff (if you are into it).

Weezer took the package offered by ticketmaster that would make the most money, as they should have! As to why they didnt offer a fan presale is beyond me.

Also, this show is GENERAL ADMISSION! You can be FRONT ROW with any ticket. Not all the other shows are like this. In boston you have to pay the 300+ PER TICKET to get anywhere near the first 10 rows!




Jonas Sabatini said:
I completely agree with you guys, I personally hate dealing with scalpers it is truly crap. I realize 'some people gotta make a living' but this isn't an ethical way in my view. I'm a starving musician so I'll probably never get to see weezer again. Granted I have seen them basically every show they've done in New England since about 02' ? (hyper extended midget tour). But you know, there is no way I can afford over $45 dollars for a ticket plus the gas to get MA or CT. I can't do it. I'd donate blood but I'm anemic.

I really wish us fans had a way to get around the head hunters. please karl help us.


Dannyc said:
If you dont have 30 more dollars to spend on a once in a lifetime show then shut your face! Ticketmaster no longer limits presales! If the show is in high demand, you HAVE to use an amex card if you want tickets on ticketmaster. There were ZERO tickets available to the public on sale because it sold out beforehand! Ticketmaster started this 2 months ago, and this is how it will be for a while. Unless the band has a fan presale (which any band can) you need to use an amex card. You can get one at any drugstore and add money to it. I bought my pair on ebay at 10:20AM after trying the general ticketmaster sale for 95.00 each (only 20 dollars more than face each). I have been waiting 14 years for this show and if you have as well, 20 extra dollars or even 100 extra dollars is worth it. Im driving 8 hours to see this show so driving from CT or MA is nothing to complain about.

How old are all of you? you cant afford $150.00 for a ticket to a show you have been waiting for for 14 years? Do you not know how to save your money?

Too much complaining on this board. This show will be filled with 2500 fans that dont mind paying 90-150 for a night of weezer playing their favorite album in FULL. If you dont think its worth that much, catch a different show where they play all the other stuff (if you are into it).

Weezer took the package offered by ticketmaster that would make the most money, as they should have! As to why they didnt offer a fan presale is beyond me.

Also, this show is GENERAL ADMISSION! You can be FRONT ROW with any ticket. Not all the other shows are like this. In boston you have to pay the 300+ PER TICKET to get anywhere near the first 10 rows!





Good God, I've never seen anything so obnoxious and ignorant. I was going to take the time to explain how off you are with basically every sentence you said, but why bother?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

  • Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Offline

Live Video