I would just like to start this thread of disappointment and anger, and I ask for everyone that is also furious to contribute.

It's a shame that the real =w= fans will have to pay almost double the price, buying off stubhub, because scalpers stocked up on the presale tickets.

THERE ARE PEOPLE ON STUBHUB IN POSSESION OF OVER 40 TICKETS!!!

ONE GUY WHO BOUGHT 63 TICKETS HAS MADE A PROFIT OF OVER $1200!!!

I'm just really mad at the fact that i've been looking forward to this for awhile now, and just because ticketmaster, or whoever, handled this terribly, I'm not going to be able to go.

SOLD OUT TO THE PUBLIC INSTANTLY!!!

shame shame shame...

I realize that this is not the bands fault, but perhaps we can recieve retribution or something.  

If you read this Karl, thank you for your time.

Views: 144

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you.

BackToSchool said:
I'm all for being a callous prick from time to time...but this is just absurd. The person who needs to grow up is you. Supporting this kind of crass materialism, defending it, making arguments about the guys in Weezer needing to feed/support their families, etc. etc. is the height of utterly asinine stupidity.

Rivers is a multi-millionaire. The other guys aren't exactly living under bridges. Your argument is not only without merit, it's completely depraved and symptomatic of why this whole country is so f***** up. There is no excuse "business" or otherwise, for ripping people off. Period.

Rob Caruso said:
What a shocker!! Someone in America trying to turn a profit during a recession. Grow up!

Conner Petersen said:
Runnerz said that the guy who bought the 63 tickets has made a 1200 dollar profit so far.
So what!! He's a multi-millionare. Let me get this straight, you're angry he's a very successful businessman. I see. Then why don't they just play free concerts in the park from now on?? Why do they charge for their music if they don't need the money?? You're argument doesn't hold any water with me dude. They want to make money. People want to make money. That's the bottom line and the American way!! Stay the f*** home if your so opposed to what's going on!!

BackToSchool said:
I'm all for being a callous prick from time to time...but this is just absurd. The person who needs to grow up is you. Supporting this kind of crass materialism, defending it, making arguments about the guys in Weezer needing to feed/support their families, etc. etc. is the height of utterly asinine stupidity.

Rivers is a multi-millionaire. The other guys aren't exactly living under bridges. Your argument is not only without merit, it's completely depraved and symptomatic of why this whole country is so f***** up. There is no excuse "business" or otherwise, for ripping people off. Period.

Rob Caruso said:
What a shocker!! Someone in America trying to turn a profit during a recession. Grow up!

Conner Petersen said:
Runnerz said that the guy who bought the 63 tickets has made a 1200 dollar profit so far.
I agree, some of us have been left empty handed. I waited for these tickets to go on sale for the general public. 10 minutes in the Chicago show was sold out. Basically, I never had a chance. I was furious! I was fortunate enough to get tickets for night #2. I'm pissed because I could have tickets but some money grubbing ass has my ticket selling for double, maybe triple price. I hope measures are taken to prevent this for future shows. Also, I like the idea of the Memories Tour being recorded for a live DVD/CD set. Not only would it be a nice addition for any Weezer fan but for those who couldn't make it to the shows will have a chance to see it too.
BUMP! I'M ANGRY! BUMP!

CrackerJack said:
dude, no offense, but rob has a valid point. sure, there are things weezer could have done, but when they play 100 shows a year they have a tough time keeping up with each show making sure everyone gets fair treatment. And your kind of being the d*** here. I hate nothing more than weezer haters and stuff like that, but what he says is true. Weezer is in the music BUSINUESS, and while weezer does release plenty of free material and doesnt cash in every 10 seconds, they also dont go around trying to make sure everyone who wants a ticket can get one.

I bought 4 tickets during presale. Seriously, im sure you could have had your hands on an AMEX card.

Conner Petersen said:

Rob Caruso said:
You're missing my point. I didn't say I agree with the process, I just said that's the reality of the situation. People are in business to make money. Period!!! If you don't agree with that, than stay home and boycott Weezer if that makes you feel better about yourself. I just saw Weezer on DirecTv basically doing a 20 minute infomercial for Axe body spray. Do you think they're doing that for their health?!! Weezer doesn't owe you a thing!! They owe it to themselves to make a living and provide for themselves and their families. I don't fault them for that. What do you want, Amex or Weezer to pay you to come see the show??? That's not how it works.

Attention D***: I realize that those people have every right to buy and resell tickets, I just wanted to get across to Karl what happened, and that it didn't go unnoticed. Oh and if Varz stopped getting paid right now, I'm 100% sure he would keep making music. He didn't put out the Alone albums simply because of money, he didn't document his journal entries in the liner notes just because of money. For god sakes, he wouldn't be doing a memories tour if we constantly didn't demand it. He wouldn't be releasing a scrapped song from 1997, if we didn't demand it. He wouldn't of put f***ing SFTBH on the Alone's if it weren't for us. Sure Rivers knows he's gunna get cash flow for all of this, but that's not just it, he recognizes what we demand, and he has given it to us. Same thing with DTFM. Do you even know what SFTBH is. FOOL!!!

I'm not saying this is Weezer's fault nor am I saying that they should do something about it. I just didn't want what happened to go unnoticed is all.
Yes, what Weezer does is a business. However; their business is built on the foundation of its fans. An ethical business practice relies on its foundation and builds from there. There are bands out there that realize this broker/scalper stuff goes on and they try to do something about it. I would assume that Weezer's management needs to be on the ball and that we should not lay the entire blame on the band itself. Anyway, bands like Tom Petty, Pearl Jam, NIN have tried to do something about it. Here is one link on how Petty dealt with it
http://www.allbusiness.com/retail-trade/miscellaneous-retail-retail...

Conner Petersen said:

CrackerJack said:
dude, no offense, but rob has a valid point. sure, there are things weezer could have done, but when they play 100 shows a year they have a tough time keeping up with each show making sure everyone gets fair treatment. And your kind of being the d*** here. I hate nothing more than weezer haters and stuff like that, but what he says is true. Weezer is in the music BUSINUESS, and while weezer does release plenty of free material and doesnt cash in every 10 seconds, they also dont go around trying to make sure everyone who wants a ticket can get one.

I bought 4 tickets during presale. Seriously, im sure you could have had your hands on an AMEX card.

Conner Petersen said:

Rob Caruso said:
You're missing my point. I didn't say I agree with the process, I just said that's the reality of the situation. People are in business to make money. Period!!! If you don't agree with that, than stay home and boycott Weezer if that makes you feel better about yourself. I just saw Weezer on DirecTv basically doing a 20 minute infomercial for Axe body spray. Do you think they're doing that for their health?!! Weezer doesn't owe you a thing!! They owe it to themselves to make a living and provide for themselves and their families. I don't fault them for that. What do you want, Amex or Weezer to pay you to come see the show??? That's not how it works.

Attention D***: I realize that those people have every right to buy and resell tickets, I just wanted to get across to Karl what happened, and that it didn't go unnoticed. Oh and if Varz stopped getting paid right now, I'm 100% sure he would keep making music. He didn't put out the Alone albums simply because of money, he didn't document his journal entries in the liner notes just because of money. For god sakes, he wouldn't be doing a memories tour if we constantly didn't demand it. He wouldn't be releasing a scrapped song from 1997, if we didn't demand it. He wouldn't of put f***ing SFTBH on the Alone's if it weren't for us. Sure Rivers knows he's gunna get cash flow for all of this, but that's not just it, he recognizes what we demand, and he has given it to us. Same thing with DTFM. Do you even know what SFTBH is. FOOL!!!

I'm not saying this is Weezer's fault nor am I saying that they should do something about it. I just didn't want what happened to go unnoticed is all.
If you're referring to me, my name's Rob, and you're still a chooch.

j-biebs said:
bet you twenty bucks that ron is one of those teabaggers partiers.
chooch, jackass, same thing.

j-biebs said:
ron, rob, same thing.

Rob Caruso said:
If you're referring to me, my name's Rob, and you're still a chooch.

j-biebs said:
bet you twenty bucks that ron is one of those teabaggers partiers.
Are they adding more shows or is 4 it, casue no matter what they did 4 shows at small venues will cause the demand to go through the roof.

only these cities, or are they adding more?
there are actually 5 shows. 2 in cali, 1 in boston, 1 in ny, and they added 1 in chicago

Adam G. said:
Are they adding more shows or is 4 it, casue no matter what they did 4 shows at small venues will cause the demand to go through the roof.

only these cities, or are they adding more?
But that is it?
Definitely not alone. Any hope for a European Memories tour crumble away like a wet sponge cake

Cathy Sherman said:

Echoes said:
This is so offensive. I was looking forward to a fun weekend of mirth and merriment with my fellow Weezer fans...but now all I'm doing that weekend is listening to Pinkerton Deluxe while drinking heavily...alone...in my room.

You won't be alone....

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video