I would just like to start this thread of disappointment and anger, and I ask for everyone that is also furious to contribute.

It's a shame that the real =w= fans will have to pay almost double the price, buying off stubhub, because scalpers stocked up on the presale tickets.

THERE ARE PEOPLE ON STUBHUB IN POSSESION OF OVER 40 TICKETS!!!

ONE GUY WHO BOUGHT 63 TICKETS HAS MADE A PROFIT OF OVER $1200!!!

I'm just really mad at the fact that i've been looking forward to this for awhile now, and just because ticketmaster, or whoever, handled this terribly, I'm not going to be able to go.

SOLD OUT TO THE PUBLIC INSTANTLY!!!

shame shame shame...

I realize that this is not the bands fault, but perhaps we can recieve retribution or something.  

If you read this Karl, thank you for your time.

Views: 144

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

HARRY BOHEMUS IS MY NAME. GIVE MY LETTER TO RIVER MAN
Are you kidding me? What rock have you been living under?? This has been going on for years! Quit b******* about it and pony up the $$$$ if you really want to go. It's 2010 people. It's not personal, it's business. Weezer is a business too believe it or not. That's the reality of the world in which we live!! Get an AMEX card and shut the f*** up!!!


Rob Caruso said:
Are you kidding me? What rock have you been living under?? This has been going on for years! Quit b******* about it and pony up the $$$$ if you really want to go. It's 2010 people. It's not personal, it's business. Weezer is a business too believe it or not. That's the reality of the world in which we live!! Get an AMEX card and shut the f*** up!!!

lol. Yes. Bend to the will of your corporate masters. Never take a stand, do exactly as you're told and blend in with the furniture.
You're missing my point. I didn't say I agree with the process, I just said that's the reality of the situation. People are in business to make money. Period!!! If you don't agree with that, than stay home and boycott Weezer if that makes you feel better about yourself. I just saw Weezer on DirecTv basically doing a 20 minute infomercial for Axe body spray. Do you think they're doing that for their health?!! Weezer doesn't owe you a thing!! They owe it to themselves to make a living and provide for themselves and their families. I don't fault them for that. What do you want, Amex or Weezer to pay you to come see the show??? That's not how it works.
What a shocker!! Someone in America trying to turn a profit during a recession. Grow up!

Conner Petersen said:
Runnerz said that the guy who bought the 63 tickets has made a 1200 dollar profit so far.


Rob Caruso said:
You're missing my point. I didn't say I agree with the process, I just said that's the reality of the situation. People are in business to make money. Period!!! If you don't agree with that, than stay home and boycott Weezer if that makes you feel better about yourself. I just saw Weezer on DirecTv basically doing a 20 minute infomercial for Axe body spray. Do you think they're doing that for their health?!! Weezer doesn't owe you a thing!! They owe it to themselves to make a living and provide for themselves and their families. I don't fault them for that. What do you want, Amex or Weezer to pay you to come see the show??? That's not how it works.

Attention D***: I realize that those people have every right to buy and resell tickets, I just wanted to get across to Karl what happened, and that it didn't go unnoticed. Oh and if Varz stopped getting paid right now, I'm 100% sure he would keep making music. He didn't put out the Alone albums simply because of money, he didn't document his journal entries in the liner notes just because of money. For god sakes, he wouldn't be doing a memories tour if we constantly didn't demand it. He wouldn't be releasing a scrapped song from 1997, if we didn't demand it. He wouldn't of put f***ing SFTBH on the Alone's if it weren't for us. Sure Rivers knows he's gunna get cash flow for all of this, but that's not just it, he recognizes what we demand, and he has given it to us. Same thing with DTFM. Do you even know what SFTBH is. FOOL!!!
I can appreciate your passion Conner, but do we have to resort to name calling a******?? And yes, I do know what SFTBH is. I'm not saying "Varz" isn't receptive to the wants of his fans either, and surely he would still make music if he wasn't paid for it. He's an artist. You're damned right he knows he's gonna get cash flow "for all of this". I'm sure he received "cash flow" from Axe body spray too (not that there's anything wrong with that). Funny how you didn't bring that up.
lol @ SFTBH question. ULTIMATE BURN.

Anyway, here's my take on this aggravating situation, and I may be completely wrong. First off, I highly, highly doubt ticketmaster failed to allocate tickets properly. Presales sold out, which means they stopped selling them after they hit a limit. For the people who have never been to roseland ballroom, this place is not big. At all. It's entirely standing room, and it's pretty damn small for Weezer, considering not only 2 years ago they played madison square garden.

I agree that scalpers are scum of the earth, at least the ones who buy dozens of tickets.

HERE IS THE KICKER: Everybody seems to be failing to understand that NOT ALL WEEZER FANS ARE ON AN INTERNET COMMUNITY. Thousands of people tried to buy these tickets, not just the 100 or so found here and on a6. Again, picture the entire tri-state area, picture the amount of weezer fans in said tri-state area, and add it together with tiny venue.

Now, it is a bit odd that nobody was able to get tickets, but I don't see it being completely out of the question. I have seen weezer 15 times, and a few of those times I had to cough up the money on ebay or later on stubhub because I just couldn't get tickets within the first few seconds.

I feel awful for everybody, and I'm completely bummed about not meeting people.
Add me to the list of pissed off people! On sale at 10:00:00 and gone at 10:00:15? Really? Ticketmaster and their deals with scalpers have been a problem for years and years. But now it gets worse and TM has "Official Platinum Seats" available for a ridiculous markup. WTF is that? TM scalping their own tickets!!!

>>>>>
Official Platinum Seats are premium tickets to concerts and other events made available by artists and event providers through Ticketmaster. They give fans fair and safe access to some of the best seats in the house.

Official Platinum Seats were not purchased initially and then posted for resale; they are being sold for the first time through Ticketmaster. Ticketmaster's Official Platinum Seats program enables market-based pricing (adjusting prices according to supply and demand) for live event tickets, similar to how airline tickets and hotel rooms are sold. The goal is to give the most passionate fans fair and safe access to the best tickets, while enabling artists and other people involved in staging live events to price tickets closer to their true value.
<

Only way for real fans tog et in is to hit the lottery and get the VIP packs. Why can't standard tix be non-transferrable like the VIP packs? Oh, because that would take business away from the scalpers that TM ha deals with.

I don't blame the band for this - only thing I blame them for is not doing a FULL Memories tour, rather a handful of cities.
I agree with you completely, with the exception of the ULTIMATE BURN comment. :)

Ali [mutantmanifesto] said:
lol @ SFTBH question. ULTIMATE BURN.

Anyway, here's my take on this aggravating situation, and I may be completely wrong. First off, I highly, highly doubt ticketmaster failed to allocate tickets properly. Presales sold out, which means they stopped selling them after they hit a limit. For the people who have never been to roseland ballroom, this place is not big. At all. It's entirely standing room, and it's pretty damn small for Weezer, considering not only 2 years ago they played madison square garden.

I agree that scalpers are scum of the earth, at least the ones who buy dozens of tickets.

HERE IS THE KICKER: Everybody seems to be failing to understand that NOT ALL WEEZER FANS ARE ON AN INTERNET COMMUNITY. Thousands of people tried to buy these tickets, not just the 100 or so found here and on a6. Again, picture the entire tri-state area, picture the amount of weezer fans in said tri-state area, and add it together with tiny venue.

Now, it is a bit odd that nobody was able to get tickets, but I don't see it being completely out of the question. I have seen weezer 15 times, and a few of those times I had to cough up the money on ebay or later on stubhub because I just couldn't get tickets within the first few seconds.

I feel awful for everybody, and I'm completely bummed about not meeting people.
bump
I'm all for being a callous prick from time to time...but this is just absurd. The person who needs to grow up is you. Supporting this kind of crass materialism, defending it, making arguments about the guys in Weezer needing to feed/support their families, etc. etc. is the height of utterly asinine stupidity.

Rivers is a multi-millionaire. The other guys aren't exactly living under bridges. Your argument is not only without merit, it's completely depraved and symptomatic of why this whole country is so f***** up. There is no excuse "business" or otherwise, for ripping people off. Period.



Rob Caruso said:
What a shocker!! Someone in America trying to turn a profit during a recession. Grow up!

Conner Petersen said:
Runnerz said that the guy who bought the 63 tickets has made a 1200 dollar profit so far.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

  • Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Offline

Live Video