If you could release one of these albums in their entirety from the magical completed vaults of Weezertopia which would you pick?

Personally, I'd have to pick Homie, we got a lot of the sweet STFBH stuff on Pinkerton and I just think the material on Homie was a lot more consistant.

Views: 53

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Homie for sure.

Some of those live tracks from 97 were awesome and would have created an album to seamlessly follow Pinkerton. The tone was much lighter and songs like Baby and Rosemary are extremelly well crafted.

It's unlikely an official release will ever happen so we will have to do with the excellent set of tracks by Lifetaker and Runners and the live bootlegs.
Man, HOMiE Vol. 1 is so solid, it's one of my favourite releases and they're all covers, it's surreal. I can't wait for Vol. 2, I think Lifetaker hinted at doing Sunshine O for it!!!
HOMiE was more complete and sftbh became pinkerton... so homie.
Homie, becuase we pretty much have all of the songs of the black h*** with Alone 3 coming out
homie
does anyone have an exact list for the Homie Album, i have a few of the songs from some concert Rivers did i have

Autum Jane
Hey M'Darlin
Sheila Can Do It
Think About
Wanda
Sunshine O
Stay Here
Hot Tub

also any other information on this album would be great thanks
This is the track listing for the rehearsal tape which was recorded. It would most likely have been the final album track list.

1 Autumn in Jayne
2 Hey My Darlin'
3 I'll Think About You
4 Wanda, You're My Only Love
5 Sheila Can Do (It)
6 Sunshine Oh Sunshine
7 Stay Right Here
8 Hot Tub
9 No One Else
10 Long Time Sunshine
11 Never You Mind

I'm guessing Fun Time, American Girls (the first faster paced rock version), Baby, Rosemary, Prettiest Girl in the Whole Wide World and 1000 years would have been b-sides.
sftbh
consider we have most of SFTBH and are getting the rest on Alone III, this is a non-question.

Rivers has effectively released SFTBH, just in different sections.

so your question is, should rivers the Homie demos? I think, yes, he should. we would all like to hear them.
Homie
please see the post above!

Taylor Keefe said:
I really love those Homies tunes, particularly Autumn Jane and Baby. However, if it was theoretically possible to get SFTBH released in its entirety, with the transitions between tracks and the production all finalized, I would have to lean towards that. But that's probably because I really dig weird concept albums.

Dungeon Master said:
consider we have most of SFTBH and are getting the rest on Alone III, this is a non-question.

Rivers has effectively released SFTBH, just in different sections.

so your question is, should rivers the Homie demos? I think, yes, he should. we would all like to hear them.

Yes, but as I said, in my hypothetical question Homie and Songs From the Black H*** are both fully completed in the vaults. For SFTBH that would mean a lot tighter production, Cuomo would stop talking with himself on songs like 'You Won't Get With Me Tonight' and general refinement across the board. Imagining a SFTBH like that is so bonerific. Imagine a completed SFTBH up against a completed Homie.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video