Views: 206

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

listen here c**-slut...

I might be an awful person.  Because when I look at that last picture, and imagine the bird screaming...it does crack me up.

"What have I DONE??!!"

i want to know why THIS guy thinks birds that get coated in oil die...i dont think he understands.

bird feathers are water-proof and when a marine bird gets oil on the feathers, they get separated allowing the water through to their skin.  this lets the cold water in direct contact with their skin and impairs them from regulating their body temperature in which case they will likely get hypothermia.  they also, try to clean the oil off of their feathers and ingest most of it in the process which is clearly a problem.  so unless this bird had time to clean itself and ingested a large amount of chocolate before human interaction (im not sure if birds are allergic to chocolate but it wouldn't surprise me), having chocolate all over their feathers would not harm it at all.  especially a land dwelling bird like this cockatoo...though it may be uncomfortable it is probably fine.  and why does this guy reject the idea of a bird walking into a chocolate fountain of its own will but he knows that they walk into seas full of oil all the time?  

furthermore, people are always so worried about the birds during oil spills....but forget the birds for a second, the bigger problem is OCEAN ACIDIFICATION.  AND people are so concerned about oil spills...but forget oil spills for a second, the bigger problem is that most of the carbon from burning fossil fuels is absorbed into the ocean NOT the atmosphere!!! which is contributing to OCEAN ACIDIFICATION.  This is a problem b/c the rise in acidity of the oceans deteriorates anything with a calcite shell which will completely f*** up the marine ecosystem killing everything from coral and shrimp to sharks and blue whales.  but forget about the whales for a second, this also includes most types of phytoplankton.  THIS is a problem because ocean phytoplankton produces over 70% of earth's oxygen.  THIS is a problem because we breath oxygen.

Save the oceans br0.

the peebz said:

the last shot reminds me of han solo being sealed in carbonite.

<3

Luigi-sp26 said:

i want to know why THIS guy thinks birds that get coated in oil die...i dont think he understands.

bird feathers are water-proof and when a marine bird gets oil on the feathers, they get separated allowing the water through to their skin.  this lets the cold water in direct contact with their skin and impairs them from regulating their body temperature in which case they will likely get hypothermia.  they also, try to clean the oil off of their feathers and ingest most of it in the process which is clearly a problem.  so unless this bird had time to clean itself and ingested a large amount of chocolate before human interaction (im not sure if birds are allergic to chocolate but it wouldn't surprise me), having chocolate all over their feathers would not harm it at all.  especially a land dwelling bird like this cockatoo...though it may be uncomfortable it is probably fine.  and why does this guy reject the idea of a bird walking into a chocolate fountain of its own will but he knows that they walk into seas full of oil all the time?  

furthermore, people are always so worried about the birds during oil spills....but forget the birds for a second, the bigger problem is OCEAN ACIDIFICATION.  AND people are so concerned about oil spills...but forget oil spills for a second, the bigger problem is that most of the carbon from burning fossil fuels is absorbed into the ocean NOT the atmosphere!!! which is contributing to OCEAN ACIDIFICATION.  This is a problem b/c the rise in acidity of the oceans deteriorates anything with a calcite shell which will completely f*** up the marine ecosystem killing everything from coral and shrimp to sharks and blue whales.  but forget about the whales for a second, this also includes most types of phytoplankton.  THIS is a problem because ocean phytoplankton produces over 70% of earth's oxygen.  THIS is a problem because we breath oxygen.

Save the oceans br0.

the peebz said:

the last shot reminds me of han solo being sealed in carbonite.

LOL

the peebz said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service