I really want to start a band, and I want to know a good way to meet people with similar musical tastes and ambitions as myself, i live in a college town if that helps, should i try putting up flyers or something lol?

Tags: Band

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Go for it, and when Rivers gets back, try to talk to him

Ha, I'd love to ask him a question or two, I've never actually seen him on the site, although i cant say I've been here long. Just found out about it recently, and I'm trying to think of a better way than just putting up a flier, it'd be great if some of my friends played instruments :\

Marie said:

Go for it, and when Rivers gets back, try to talk to him

I'd say put up a flyer. 
ask friends of yours, and your tastes don't necessarily have to be similar, just make sure you won't fight over what you play
Ya, i think ill probably end up just using a flyer and asking my more musically inclined friends, ill do like a jam session and see if they can improv or something. =\

Your college radio station would be a good resource, if there is one.  Most of them support the local music scene, and many of the people who work there will have connections to musicians in the area.

Flyers aren't such a bad idea if you know where to put them...coffee houses, clubs, record and music stores...places where musicians and music lovers hang out.  Good places for you to spend time as well.

Also, if you are in high school, there will likely be a handful of cool teachers who will let you put a flyer up in their room.

Along with the above, if you are serious about meeting people with similar tastes in music, just start talking to people about music and maybe eventually you'll find the fit you are looking for.  If you have talent, don't settle for friends who can't even play.  Geez.

start something on facebook or myspace ?
a bit vague but someone might find you who also wants to be in a band
i hadnt thought of facebook edge, thats a good idea, and place, the radio station is a great idea, also didnt think of that, ill probably hand around the A&M music store for a few hours this weekend too, great advice guys!
It's Mats, actually.

Ricky Bureau said:
i hadnt thought of facebook edge, thats a good idea, and place, the radio station is a great idea, also didnt think of that, ill probably hand around the A&M music store for a few hours this weekend too, great advice guys!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video