It's pretty self explanatory. Rank Weezer's albums (from your favorite to your least favorite).

My list goes as follows:

Pinkerton

Blue

Red (Deluxe)/Hurley [tied]

Maladroit 

Green

Make Believe

Raditude 

I struggled big-time (I'm talking hours of deliberation here, people--not even kidding, it's borderline pathetic really) with the placement of Red and Hurley. In the end, I decided, consistently speaking, that I think I like Hurley better. To me, it really is the most CONSISTENTLY good Weezer release since Blue/Pinkerton. But on to Red, or Red (Deluxe) rather. To be honest, the reason why I place so much value on Red and like it so much, I'd say, is 60% because of the 4 bonus tracks included on the deluxe edition. Without "Miss Sweeney", "Pig", "The Spider, and "King" included in said deluxe edition, I would've known FOR SURE that Hurley would be ahead of Red. Similarly, let's just say for a moment, that if those 4 tracks were included in Red, not as bonus tracks but as original releases, it would be the other way around, once again, I'd know FOR SURE that Red would be ahead of Hurley. 

Oh Lord. Sorry for the rambling. And possible boredom. And definite confusion. 

To make a longer than necessary story short, when it comes down to it, I honestly cannot, FOR THE LIFE OF ME, decide between the two albums and that is why, as you see, Red (Deluxe) and Hurley are tied on my list. It's those damn bonus tracks of Red (Deluxe), man, I'm telling you! I. Just can't. Get over. Them.

Tags: albums, favorite, weezer

Views: 81

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Blue
Pink
Death
Hurley
Make
Rad
Red
Green
Mala
Oh Jesus, I didn't even think about including "Death to False Metal"! haha, give me a couple hours and I'll be able to tell you where it ranks in my list...
It pretty much goes in chronological order for me.
I still keep an actual CD of the Blue album in my car and alternate between the Avett Brothers, Pearl Jam (backspacer), Allman Bros. greatest hits, and Edward Sharp and the magnetic Zeroes.

Nearly 20 years on and almost nothing can touch the blue album for me.
The rest just align themselves in the shadow of the blue one.
Pinkerton Deluxe
Blue Deluxe
Green
Make Believe
Red Deluxe
Maladroit
Hurley
Raditude
(All of the above are awesome)

...and then Death to False Metal
REPEATER
Pretty much in chronological order like Andy... I too keep Blue Album as well as Pinkerton of course in my car, and I recently got the Deluxe version which I've been cranking nonstop for the past couple of weeks :D I tend to switch mostly between Pinkerton, The Queen is Dead (The Smiths), and Oh Inverted World (The Shins). I still have yet to get one of those FM transmitter thingies for my Ipod hehe...
shoegazer said:
Pretty much in chronological order like Andy... I too keep Blue Album as well as Pinkerton of course in my car, and I recently got the Deluxe version which I've been cranking nonstop for the past couple of weeks :D I tend to switch mostly between Pinkerton, The Queen is Dead (The Smiths), and Oh Inverted World (The Shins). I still have yet to get one of those FM transmitter thingies for my Ipod hehe...

gotta love The Smiths
Pinkerton
Maladroit
Blue
Green
Make Believe
Red
Hurley
Raditude
Pinkerton
Blue
Red Deluxe
Hurley
Make Believe
Death to False Metal
Green
Raditude
Maladroit
pinkerton
blue
death to false metal
hurley
red
green
raditude
make believe
maladroit
green
pinekerton
blue
raditude
make believe
red
hurley
dtfm
maladroit (only because i think most of the demo's are better than the actual album but its still really good)
this is my order but i still love all the albums
Pinkerton,
Blue,
Red Deluxe, Hurley Deluxe, Raditude Deluxe, Maladroit (all tied, if I can do that...of course I can)
Black H***,
Green,
Make Believe
Death To False Metal

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…