what is it about "heartsongs" that people don't like?  

trying to learn.........

Views: 1579

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Before i didn't used to like it, now i like it a bit but it's not one of my favourites. It just seems alot different and for me is a bit boring.
I hated it. Then I didn't listen to it for ages. Then I listened a few times again and I loved it (I was especially listening to the lyrics). And now it's just a 'meh' song that I rarely listen to.
lol, we're still talking about this
Everyone has songs from their past and their life that made them feel a certain way or songs they remember bsed on a place they were or a girl they were with or a great day/night of their life. I love this song because, even though, the particular songs in the song are not my "heart songs", it brings up my memories and gives me a warm feeling about love and growing up and music and adolecense and "coming of age".  Aside from that, it is nice to hear something a little different once and a while and if it works, then all the better. 
no one asked you why you love the song.

Chris Guarino said:
Everyone has songs from their past and their life that made them feel a certain way or songs they remember bsed on a place they were or a girl they were with or a great day/night of their life. I love this song because, even though, the particular songs in the song are not my "heart songs", it brings up my memories and gives me a warm feeling about love and growing up and music and adolecense and "coming of age".  Aside from that, it is nice to hear something a little different once and a while and if it works, then all the better. 
I have to say the song it's self is not bad but people want 90's Weezer, me personally I like the song but not my favorite song on red.

I love heartsongs.. The way you fit your lyrics into the melody and tell your story is amazing to me... Red album FTW! I really cant imagine what other hardcore fans have against it....... But id say it does stand alone on the album as a song that may not quite fit. Pork and Beans and Heartsongs are quite different. Everybody Get Dangerous also has a very different sound and it sits between those two songs. Maybe people would of preferred miss sweeney or pig in that spot, and you could of put Heartsongs on the deluxe and people would be talking about how great of a song it is because its a non album track.

did you read the thread?

Zach Smith said:

I really cant imagine what other hardcore fans have against it........

You assume everyone on here is a hardcore fan.... which is not true at all.... And i sure as hell dont need to read what you have to say to give my opinion on the subject at hand. I gave my reason behind why people might not like it. So i have done my part. blah....

but it might help to read the opinions of the people who don't like the song, who probably have a better understanding of why they don't like the song.

Zach Smith said:

And i sure as hell dont need to read what you have to say to give my opinion on the subject at hand. 
lol I know. I said I didnt need them, but of course i want to read everyones opinion.... Thats why I am here. In the end, I just think it might not have fit well with the rest of Red. Thats the best i got.... I did my part. If they release ep's and singles from now on it wont matter much anyway.
Heart Songs is actually one of my favorite Weezer songs. I'm not sure why people didn't like it. Like someone else said, it's slower but even if it's slower, that doesn't mean it's not awesome.

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video