what is it about "heartsongs" that people don't like?  

trying to learn.........

Views: 1582

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I think the song is just a little too repetitive.

I love the storytelling of the song.

When you give the lyrics a chance, they aren't so bad either.

That said, the actual style and sound of the song isn't amazing and it kind of drags on with the melody and instrumentation.

I loved and continue to love Heartsongs.  It's probably my favorite on the album.  I especially love all of the musical references.  Those are some of my favorites too.  I like that it's so personal and we get to see into your world a little bit and what inspires you.
I'm with you!

gdwezrftw said:
I dunno Rivers, personally I really liked heart songs

That was uncalled for, Weezer can't just make the same old stuff for ever. They experiment. It's what keeps Weezer great.

Brofessefef said:

Are you really that stupid that you haven't realised that the majority of your fans (not including the moronic teenage tryhards on here) just want you to make music like you used to?

But yeah Rivers, I like the song, it's not the best on the album, that would have to go to The Angel and The One. But it's a pretty cool song. It has a nice quirkyness to it.
Rivers' old stuff was experimental too. Purification of Water, Hot Tub, Lover in the Snow and Walt Disney and all sound like the work of a different (though equally great) songwriter. Would you honestly place Heart Songs above any of those songs?

Troublemaker said:

That was uncalled for, Weezer can't just make the same old stuff for ever. They experiment. It's what keeps Weezer great.

Brofessefef said:

Are you really that stupid that you haven't realised that the majority of your fans (not including the moronic teenage tryhards on here) just want you to make music like you used to?

Well no. But I hate seeing Weezer 'fans' hate on Weezer. It makes no sense. Surely if you are a fan, you will support them whatever they do. Sure, I love Blue and Pinkerton, and I would say they are my favourite Weezer albums. I respect the new path they are taking and if they want to try new things, so be it! I'm up for that.
James Stockwell (Jamekae) said
Rivers' old stuff was experimentation too. Purification of Water, Hot Tub, Lover in the Snow and Walt Disney and all sound like the work of a different (though equally great) songwriter. Would you honestly place Heart Songs above any of those songs?

Troublemaker said:

Brofessefef said:

personally, i loved heart songs...it took a break from the usual distorted guitar and segwayed right back into it
I really like heart songs, I thought it was very creative the first time i heard it. I'm not sure why some people don't like the song. It's actually one of my favorites on the red album. :)

Being a fan is not the same thing as loving everything they do without any critical thought whatsoever.

That is just ignorance.

Yeah, when you like a band, you are always going to dislike certain things about them. But the music? Really? Isn't that the whole reason you got into that band in the first place? Yeah you may not be keen on one or two tracks, but most people say everything from Make Believe and onwards (which is half of their albums) is terrible.

Wilford Brimley said:

Being a fan is not the same thing as loving everything they do without any critical thought whatsoever.

That is just ignorance.

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video