what is it about "heartsongs" that people don't like?  

trying to learn.........

Views: 1584

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Varz,

Heart Songs is one of my favorite post-pinkerton tunes. but i guess people dont like it cuz its not like your early sound. im not a hater of your new stuff like some people are. but i guess people think its cheesy or just too simple or something.

but i dig it.

peace

When I first listened to Heart Songs on the day the red album came out, I literally both laughed and cried.  Laughed because so many of the childhood songs mentioned were cheesy, yet songs I loved and continue to inexplicably love.  (I felt like shout-outs to I Love a Rainy Night and Hungry Heart were shout-outs to me).  Cried because the song expressed how much music can mean to people like me.  I don't get how people who profess to love pop music could hate Heart Songs.  The bottom line is people who don't like the song don't get it, and they're wrong.
lol no.

The Bone said:
The bottom line is people who don't like the song don't get it, and they're wrong.

Now get back on topic.

The Bone said:

When I first listened to Heart Songs on the day the red album came out, I literally both laughed and cried.  Laughed because so many of the childhood songs mentioned were cheesy, yet songs I loved and continue to inexplicably love.  (I felt like shout-outs to I Love a Rainy Night and Hungry Heart were shout-outs to me).  Cried because the song expressed how much music can mean to people like me.  I don't get how people who profess to love pop music could hate Heart Songs.  The bottom line is people who don't like the song don't get it, and they're wrong.

Listen, if you like the song don't guess why people don't like it. Chances are you are wrong and well you are.
If rivers thinks the reason why we dislike some of his newer songs because they don't sound like older weezer songs he's missing the point and you are too.

Does The Greatest man that ever lived sound like older weezer? Does pig? Does Miss sweeney? Sure they all have elements from old weezer but they are distinctly new.

What I want out of weezer is not only something that is deep and meaningful or ambitious but something I can show someone and not CRINGE when I show it.

Hearing rivers singing in an R&B voice, or hearing rivers sing ...This is the way baby..(whispers this is the way)..or lyrics that lack any depth. I mean read the words to Butterfly...than read something like the girl got hot. The girl got hot has an older weezer sound but the lyrics and even the melody are lacking.

We want something that challenges the band, and makes us proud to be a weezer fan. Something ambitious and poetic. Something that's dynamic with melodies in the chorus AND the verse. We want weezer to rock, not maladroit styled rock but meaningful rock like Devotion or waiting on you.

No we aren't stuck in the past because when a good song comes along we praise it, but it's more that we know rivers can do something deeper than what he has been and put out an ambitious album that's good on a whole not in an individual basis.

Rich Tienken said:

Varz,

Heart Songs is one of my favorite post-pinkerton tunes. but i guess people dont like it cuz its not like your early sound. im not a hater of your new stuff like some people are. but i guess people think its cheesy or just too simple or something.

but i dig it.

peace

Daniel Gasparini ( Danorganplaye said:

We want something that challenges the band

Rich Tienken said:

Varz,

but i dig it.

peace

Personally , i loved it the second i heard it , i guess people have different opinions.
those who don't like it don't understand it. Maybe their roots aren't deep enough.
this is b******* and you know it.

Eric Bowman said:
those who don't like it don't understand it. Maybe their roots aren't deep enough.
I actually really like it. The lyrics tell one heck of a story man. It took a few listens to get in to but thats nothing bad. Good as usual Rivers :)
He's not asking if you like it, he's asking what people don't like about it (and if you look at reviews by critics and most non-hardcore weezer fans, it is not well-liked).
i have no idea i love heartsongs

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video