what is it about "heartsongs" that people don't like?  

trying to learn.........

Views: 1581

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Doesn't have to be an "a6er", I just mean he should be asking the hardcore fans who have been around a long time instead of those who will tell Varz whatever he wants to hear

fluck said:
oh good, it's been a while since we've had an a6er show up and pretend to be better than everyone here. you know more about weezer than other weezer fans, pretty awesome, bro.

Blast Off Jonas said:

PS) I like how Rivers asks the opinion of the ignorant folks here who tell him what he wants to hear instead of those who are paying several hundreds of dollars for Memories Tours VIP tickets

what you don't seem to realize is that a number of people here are hardcore fans, and did purchase vip memories tickets. have they been around as long as some of the a6 members? no. does it matter? no.

maybe you should get a flucking grip and stop insulting fellow weezer fans.

Blast Off Jonas said:

Doesn't have to be an "a6er", I just mean he should be asking the hardcore fans who have been around a long time instead of those who will tell Varz whatever he wants to hear

fluck said:
oh good, it's been a while since we've had an a6er show up and pretend to be better than everyone here. you know more about weezer than other weezer fans, pretty awesome, bro.

Blast Off Jonas said:

PS) I like how Rivers asks the opinion of the ignorant folks here who tell him what he wants to hear instead of those who are paying several hundreds of dollars for Memories Tours VIP tickets
Why do people call him Varz?
I wouldnt say so, not compared to Troublemaker anyway.
I just think the lyrics could have been more than just references to your inspirations. Lyrics that showed how much these influences meant to you. Apart from that i would say its a decent song

fluck said:
it's really cheesy, even for you.
since when did the 'kid' become a 'man'?

Indieman said:
I wouldnt say so, not compared to Troublemaker anyway.
I just think the lyrics could have been more than just references to your inspirations. Lyrics that showed how much these influences meant to you. Apart from that i would say its a decent song

fluck said:
it's really cheesy, even for you.

That's weird that people don't like it. You can tell that there's a lot of thought behind the lyrics and it's just a really mellow song I've always been fond of.

Thought behind lyrics does not necessarily equal good lyrics. There was plenty of thought behind the lyrics of "We Are All on Drugs" and "Where's My Sex" too.

Marie said:

That's weird that people don't like it. You can tell that there's a lot of thought behind the lyrics and it's just a really mellow song I've always been fond of.

Yeah but Heart Songs had some deeper thought, kind of like it was a tribute to where Rivers got his musical inspiration.

Michael Rowland (Gohi) said:
Thought behind lyrics does not necessarily equal good lyrics. There was plenty of thought behind the lyrics of "We Are All on Drugs" and "Where's My Sex" too.

Marie said:

Diff'rent strokes, I suppose.
How can anyone accuse a Weezer song of being bad because it's cheesy?  "Undone" was cheesy and no one's calling that bad.

billybob132 said:
As other have said, the song is just too cheesy.  The lyrics, production, everything.  I also find it to be one of the most boring and monotonous songs in your discography.  It's just the same riff over and over again, even with the big rockout at the end.  The melody (or lack thereof) is just not strong.

But we know that Weezer can offer us so much more when it comes to "deeper thought". The string of songs from The Angel and the One to The Spider on the Red Deluxe edition is testament to this; each of those songs make Heart Songs look beyond amateur in both in conceptual value and composition. Why are we expected to blindly appreciate songs like Heart Songs when Rivers has solidly stated in those aforementioned victories (especially Pig + TAATO) that he is capable of so much more?

Marie said:

Yeah but Heart Songs had some deeper thought, kind of like it was a tribute to where Rivers got his musical inspiration.

Michael Rowland (Gohi) said:

Marie said:

Undone is not cheesy imo. I've never heard that one before. Yikes.

Radioactive said:
How can anyone accuse a Weezer song of being bad because it's cheesy?  "Undone" was cheesy and no one's calling that bad.

billybob132 said:
As other have said, the song is just too cheesy.  The lyrics, production, everything.  I also find it to be one of the most boring and monotonous songs in your discography.  It's just the same riff over and over again, even with the big rockout at the end.  The melody (or lack thereof) is just not strong.

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video