what is it about "heartsongs" that people don't like?  

trying to learn.........

Views: 1582

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

No one ever said they are not allowed write ballads.  Again beware the pigeonhole because if they wrote just as they always did you would probably be sitting here writing, this band never does anything different and their stuff all sounds the same.  It is apparent that this particular endeavor causes some question in the success or failure of its inception.  Discerning between criticism and critique is crucial here.  If you cannot take constructive criticism when it is asked for the one would think maybe you shouldn't ask for it.  There was a call for a critique on a song and here it is given and I am sure whatever useful information is given will probably be well received all the other stuff probably discarded or ignored.
Wow.  Actually there's plenty of us fans who like and appreciate the different directions Weezer has taken throughout the years.  I guess the difference is that the majority of us must have more important things to do than to spend our time berrating people on bandsite forums.  And, I'm not a teenager, but a mom with 2 kids who already realize that it's disrespectful to call people stupid.  

Brofessefef said:

Are you really that stupid that you haven't realised that the majority of your fans (not including the moronic teenage tryhards on here) just want you to make music like you used to?

Ignorance is bliss.

Wilford Brimley said:

Being a fan is not the same thing as loving everything they do without any critical thought whatsoever.

That is just ignorance.

That's because the internet is a one way street.

David J. Stepp (DJS92491) said:
I love how Pat Wilson posts go unnoticed. lol
Word.

Pat Wilson said:
That's because the internet is a one way street.

David J. Stepp (DJS92491) said:
I love how Pat Wilson posts go unnoticed. lol
Naw, you can be a fan of what a band used to represent. Just because a band releases a shitty new album doesn't mean you should renounce your fandom. As for Weezer fans who hate everything after Pink, it's more of a question of "why are you still listening to this band?" I think most of the albums ae good and on every album there is a moment that reminds me why Weezer is a brilliant musical force. I just don't think Heart songs is one of those moments.

Troublemaker said:
Yeah, when you like a band, you are always going to dislike certain things about them. But the music? Really? Isn't that the whole reason you got into that band in the first place? Yeah you may not be keen on one or two tracks, but most people say everything from Make Believe and onwards (which is half of their albums) is terrible.

Wilford Brimley said:

Being a fan is not the same thing as loving everything they do without any critical thought whatsoever.

That is just ignorance.

There are so many Weezer fans who need to learn this lesson.

Wilford Brimley said:

That is just ignorance.

yeah.... this. Without offending anyone....its pretty freakin obvious that everything Rivers wrote in the 90's is miles ahead of what he has written since. I mean everything from pre-Blue songs like "The Purification of Water" to TBA, to SFTBH to Pinkerton to Homie are all awesome. Then came the 2000s, and while I enjoy every Weezer album to an extent, the band has dropped a few notches of quality. There is still hope. Half of TRA Deluxe was brilliant, a few random songs like  Perfect Situation, Trippin Down The Freeway,  Run Over By a Truck are all awesome. I firmly believe Weezer can still be great. They just have to actually do it.

Wilford Brimley said:

That is just ignorance.

I like the Red Album, Deluxe especially. Trying new things in the way Weezer did on that album is good. In some directions it really suceeded, ex) Pig, TGMTEL, Angel and the One. But while Heart Songs may have been a really personal in depth song, it lacked what those songs had. It's forgettable. No it's not the worst song Rivers has ever written, we have This Is The Way for that. But sitting here kissing his toes over a mediocre song is asinine. Out of all his Post-Pink songs this is definitely among the bottom tier. It just could have been much better. 

PS) I like how Rivers asks the opinion of the ignorant folks here who tell him what he wants to hear instead of those who are paying several hundreds of dollars for Memories Tours VIP tickets
oh good, it's been a while since we've had an a6er show up and pretend to be better than everyone here. you know more about weezer than other weezer fans, pretty awesome, bro.

Blast Off Jonas said:

PS) I like how Rivers asks the opinion of the ignorant folks here who tell him what he wants to hear instead of those who are paying several hundreds of dollars for Memories Tours VIP tickets
This seems to be the page where the most sense seems to be coming through on. Sucks that it had to happen on page nine hahahaha.

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video