Hear "Tragic Girl", "The Odd Couple", and "Autopilot"...REJOICE!!!

Views: 138

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

AUTO-TUNE

WWWWWWWTTTTTTTTFFFFFF
The problem with this song isnt that it sounds like it was written when Rivers still wrote great music but that it sounds like it was added to recently. The Weezer of today is not the Weezer that people fell in love with. It just sounds off. The song is hardly amazing.

Tyson Hinton said:
The problem with this song isnt that it sounds like it was written when Rivers still wrote great music but that it sounds like it was added to recently. The Weezer of today is not the Weezer that people fell in love with. It just sounds off. The song is hardly amazing.

If you're referring to Tragic Girl, Karl said that Varz edited about 5% of the vocals, where there were rough spots in the original recording. Other than this whole song is pure 1997 Rivers, everything that is exemplified on Pinkerton, a truly beautiful song. This song would be perfect between Falling For You and Butterfly, but again it was written after Pinkerton.
Or REPLACE Butterfly. Just sayin...

Conner Petersen said:

Tyson Hinton said:

If you're referring to Tragic Girl, Karl said that Varz edited about 5% of the vocals, where there were rough spots in the original recording. Other than this whole song is pure 1997 Rivers, everything that is exemplified on Pinkerton, a truly beautiful song. This song would be perfect between Falling For You and Butterfly, but again it was written after Pinkerton.
No I take that back. While I do think Tragic Girl is a better song than Butterfly, Butterfly is a better closer.

Dopplegager said:

This song blows away the entire Red Album.
Tragic Girl is so awesome! It amazes me that it was forgotten. What do we really know about this song? When did we find out that it was a 1997 song? Since Matt left that year, is he still on bass? So many questions...what other songs did they record at this time?
Meh, tragic girl is good, but i like odd couple way better, its a very cathcy song and i love the lyrics lol :). Also auto piolit isreally cool instrumentaly. But yeah...tragic girl is good...but definetly not great

Nate said:
Tragic Girl is so awesome! It amazes me that it was forgotten. What do we really know about this song? When did we find out that it was a 1997 song? Since Matt left that year, is he still on bass? So many questions...what other songs did they record at this time?

We can infer that Matt is not on bass for this, he was gone before it was recorded.
GTFO

Justin Hoenke [honkey doorie] said:
Gotta admit...I'm digging Auto-Pilot and The Odd Couple much more than Tragic Girl
There's a reason these songs are cast-offs.

OnlyinPinkerton said:
AUTO-TUNE

WWWWWWWTTTTTTTTFFFFFF
Matt didn't leave until '98, I think. He's probably playing bass on this.

Conner Petersen said:

Nate said:

We can infer that Matt is not on bass for this, he was gone before it was recorded.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video