If you have: Is it just me, or does their singer's voice sound a lot like Rivers in some of their songs?

Views: 236

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've heard a couple of songs from Rooney. I'm not sure about the similarity between lead vocalists though. Rooney apparently supported Weezer at some of their shows years ago. Robert Schwartzman and Brian Bell talked about it briefly on Ustream last year. Which songs did you hear?
Have you heard the song Calling the World by them? I always think he sounds like Rivers at the very beginning of it. But maybe it's just me haha.

Danielle said:
I've heard a couple of songs from Rooney. I'm not sure about the similarity between lead vocalists though. Rooney apparently supported Weezer at some of their shows years ago. Robert Schwartzman and Brian Bell talked about it briefly on Ustream last year. Which songs did you hear?
I've never really thought Robert sounded like Rivers, but they do make a similar type of music. The entire Calling The World album is pretty darn good. Nothing better than some good Power Pop to sing along to.
I don't want to listen to them. They once opened up for the Joe bros. 

Oh I don't like the Jo Bros either. But Rooney's pretty good.

The dreWid said:

I don't want to listen to them. They once opened up for the Joe bros. 
yep, been a fan since 2002. I don't, however, hear similarities Robert's and Rivers' voices. The debut album, and all the live unreleased stuff prior to that is great.
I haven't heard 'Calling the World', but I'll give it a listen.
Oh and in "That Girl has Love" he kinda sounds like Rivers too

Danielle said:
I haven't heard 'Calling the World', but I'll give it a listen.
in "blueside" they kinda sounds like rivers.
Yeah. I am just being prejudice. I am racist towards bands I have never heard. 

Marie said:

Oh I don't like the Jo Bros either. But Rooney's pretty good.

The dreWid said:

I don't want to listen to them. They once opened up for the Joe bros. 

I am picking up on what you are saying, and I've noticed that ever since I first heard Rooney.

 

They are big fans of weezer (Brian Bell was on the lead singers podcast).  They've covered weezer live, and the lead singers older brother, lead singer of Phantom Planet is also a big weezer fan.  Imitation is the highest form of flattery.

I thought his brother was the actor

Gregor =w= Langbehn said:

I am picking up on what you are saying, and I've noticed that ever since I first heard Rooney.

 

They are big fans of weezer (Brian Bell was on the lead singers podcast).  They've covered weezer live, and the lead singers older brother, lead singer of Phantom Planet is also a big weezer fan.  Imitation is the highest form of flattery.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

  • Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Offline

Live Video