If you have: Is it just me, or does their singer's voice sound a lot like Rivers in some of their songs?

Views: 236

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They both have acted.  Rooney brother was in Princess Diaries and Phantom Planet brother was in Donnie Darko.

I don't know much else they've done in the acting world.

SPAZ said:

I thought his brother was the actor

Gregor =w= Langbehn said:

I am picking up on what you are saying, and I've noticed that ever since I first heard Rooney.

They are big fans of weezer (Brian Bell was on the lead singers podcast).  They've covered weezer live, and the lead singers older brother, lead singer of Phantom Planet is also a big weezer fan.  Imitation is the highest form of flattery.

haha, probably not. 

They just put out a new album (which is decent) and have been performing on late night TV shows.  Lopez Tonight isn't a major thing for a band that had much success earlier in this decade, but I like that they are still around.

☺♥ kittens bieber ♥☺ said:

i bet rooney themselves didn't even think that, in 2011, people would still remember rooney.
they opened for =w= during the enlightenment tour. i have a free ep. i've never actually listened to it.

the lead singers older brother, lead singer of Phantom Planet is also a big weezer fan

His older brother was the DRUMMER for Phantom Planet, not the lead singer. Jason Schwartzman makes some fine music under his pseudonym, Coconut Records.

I stand corrected, thank you.

Sean_e_b said:

the lead singers older brother, lead singer of Phantom Planet is also a big weezer fan

His older brother was the DRUMMER for Phantom Planet, not the lead singer. Jason Schwartzman makes some fine music under his pseudonym, Coconut Records.

Robert Schwartzman (Rooney frontman) is about to tour with The Relationship (Brian Bell) on the West Coast (lucky buggars!!! Though I will see Rob @SXSW Yay!) Rob's brother Jason also named his daughter after Rivers (it's her middle name). If you love Weezer, def check out at the very least, Rooney's 1st record. When i 1st heard it 10yrs ago i called them "baby Weezer" ;-) i love Rooney & all their side projects (Rob's solo record "Double Capricorn is 100% profits to the Tibetan Healing fund, Taylor Locke & The Roughs are badass rockers too). I would LOVE if they toured again.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video