I believe El Scorcho. especially at the last chorus, I can't help but smile and sing along.

Views: 32

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, there really isn'y any very happy song from Pinkerton, but I'll go with Falling For You. Nothing too negative in that song.
El Scorcho? Hell, that's one of the most tortured songs on the album.

"I'm a lot like you so please Hello, I'm here, I'm waiting / I think I'd be good for you and you'd be good for me"

"How stupid is it? I can't talk about it / I gotta sing about it and make a record of my heart / Just come up to me and say hello to my heart /How stupid is it?"

"I wish I could get my head out of the sand"

And damn, that last bit where he just keeps repeating "I'm a lot like you" Whew, that song is DEEP.
I'm sure it's not the songs intention but Pink Triangle makes me laugh everytime I hear it.
Falling For You is clearly the happiest song on Pinkerton because, well, holy moly he found one there! Also that final solo/bridge/final chorus holds so much hope and elation which is great considering the tracks before it are buried in negativity.
Probably why bother.

Mr. Sweeney said:

"I'm a lot like you so please Hello, I'm here, I'm waiting / I think I'd be good for you and you'd be good for me"

"How stupid is it? I can't talk about it / I gotta sing about it and make a record of my heart / Just come up to me and say hello to my heart /How stupid is it?"

And damn, that last bit where he just keeps repeating "I'm a lot like you" Whew, that song is DEEP.
what are you talking about? el schorcho is as deep as the rest of pinkerton, and deeper than some on it
As a stand alone song I'd say 'Falling for You' is the only remotely "happy" song on Pinkerton. However in the concept of the album that happiness is completely countered by the track that immediately follows it and closes the album, 'Butterfly'.

Pinkerton is an earnest album, not a happy one.
If my post came off as sarcastic, it wasn't meant to be. I just couldn't come up with a better word than deep.

reconrose said:

Mr. Sweeney said:

what are you talking about? el schorcho is as deep as the rest of pinkerton, and deeper than some on it

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video