I have tried playing in every single tuning to the live acoustic version of Pink Triangle performed on Much Music in 1996 and none of them seem to sound right.  

I've tried Standard, Half-Step Down, and a Full-Step Down and none of them sound just right.  Could a guitar guy help me out on this one?

I'll link you to the video below... 

(Skip to 3:00 for performance) 

Views: 326

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Eb-positively
That would be a half step down. Try again, maybe you don't have the right chords?
It's half down. I have the guitar book.
I guess it is Eb, I'm pretty sure Rivers is improvising though with a lot of the chords. Since he's classically trained I'm pretty sure he knows his s***. Wish I could do the same.

Can anyone figure out what he's doing in the chorus? He plays a lot more chords than I usually do on the chorus. I just usually do C-B-D-G-C-G-C-D-G. I almost feel like he plays every chord to the melody.
G-Bm-C-G-C-G-D (I'm dumb she's a lesbian, I thought I had found the one)
Em-Bm-C-G-C-G-D (We were good as married in my mind, but married in my mind's no good)
C-G-A-D-Em-C-G-C-D-G (A pink triangle on her sleeve, let me know the truth, let me know the truth)

Danny Herrmann said:
I guess it is Eb, I'm pretty sure Rivers is improvising though with a lot of the chords. Since he's classically trained I'm pretty sure he knows his s***. Wish I could do the same.

Can anyone figure out what he's doing in the chorus? He plays a lot more chords than I usually do on the chorus. I just usually do C-B-D-G-C-G-C-D-G. I almost feel like he plays every chord to the melody.
*Bm
Oops. Thanks. Yes. Bm.

Aaron Hansen said:
*Bm

Danny Herrmann said:

C? You changed the key, maybe thats why it didnt sound right in Eb...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video