GREEN DAY IS THE WORLDS GREATEST BAND YOU DONT EVEN UNDERSTAND THEY FORMED AOUND 1988THEIR MUSIC IS CATCHY FAST AND GREAT DOOKIE WAS REALLY REALLY GOOD BUT WARNINGS PROBABLY JUST AS GOOD PEOPLE SAY TH

GREEN DAY IS THE WORLDS GREATEST BAND YOU DONT EVEN UNDERSTAND THEY FORMED AOUND 1988THEIR MUSIC IS CATCHY FAST AND GREAT DOOKIE WAS REALLY REALLY GOOD BUT WARNING IS PROBABLY JUST AS GOOD PEOPLE SAY THEY HAVE NOT AGED WELL I DISAGREE I TIHNK THAT THEY HAV ENOT AGED WELL I DISAGREE I TIHNK THAT THEY STILL ROCK

Views: 76

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

OnlyinPinkerton said:
"sorry, but i don't think green day is suddenly appealing to women of all ages due to their politics. my mother isn't going to start listening to green day just because they appeal to her liberal sensibilities. hell, i'm a liberal and roughly in the age range of typical green day fans, and i don't listen to them."

Hence the use of the word "potential".

"first of all, f*** your self-righteous b*******. they didn't leave you, you left them because you got your conservative panties in a twist. which,by the way, is simply more evidence that this supposed strategy to sell more records has backfired."

They turn their backs on a portion of the base in order to pursue a new type of base, and we are the ones who leave? How is that logically consistent? How did it backfire? Because I don't like it? Like the guy who marketed them gave a s***, American idiot has gone platinum X8, that's a pretty significant jump from Warning which went Gold.

"secondly, they cashed in on the angsty teenage market for years, was that selling out? every band has a target audience, and if they do their job right they cash in on that market. does becoming popular with a particular demographic of people equal selling out? the concept of selling out is so f****** nebulous because it's all b*******."

Yeah, the definition of selling out is b*******, but as far as I'm concerned leaving a less profitable market for another- more profitable- market is selling out. Plain and simple, they wrote American Idiot, went from a micro concept (teenage angst) to a macro concept (f*** Bush), and cashed in their billion dollar checks. In the process they left a part of their fan base behind.

lol
I miss Runners.

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video