Mornings.

OK, I'm going to keep this short (for those weary of my long winded posts.. i.e. everyone who's not me).

While I know there is a disparity in opinions of the Green Album.. To me, it is equal to anything =w= have done. Yes, big statement. But for someone with 3.5 (so far) =w= tattoos; I think I'm justified in big statements, especially on those regarding 'subjective' tastes. (Though, I do have this insufferable objectivity.. oh well. Could be worse. That's a fact < objec... *cough*) 

Ok, I may be failing to keep this short. 

GREEN ALBUM era Weezer + Producers + Anyone around the recordings/SS2K shows. I ask this. Teenage Victory Song. I feel so strongly towards this song. This was the song that, all those years ago put me over the edge of Fan + Boy to.. well, you do the math. The word-math. Also,  to 99.0% of the same.. Starlight. (obviously the eventual Green Album songs themselves.. but for the sake of this poorly made argument.. about something that happened >10 years ago... POINT is..

TVS could have been a SINGLE. I have no doubt in my mind. As a disenfranchised teenager at the time, even just the title was Teen-Crack. It captured the =w= be yourself, cause yourself is hella dope - if they don't see it now, just wait. Or 'mash them in the nads' .. And would have thrilled new fans and old. It was to me, a semi-something teenage nothing the 'We Are The Champions' for 90's teens. 

And that's one step past Album worthy. To me it seems bewildering how a song so brilliant not only didn't make it onto the Green Album - Where it would have been a stand-out. But could have even surpassed Hash-Pipe on the charts. 

Not that I care to much about charts.. But a song about teenage-triumph over adversity Vs. song about Transvestite-Prostitution? .... Uh, what happened? 

Also, Starlight is just a more rocking- O Girlfriend.. My personal GA fav. 

(Also, Putting StarLight and TVS on the Hash-Pipe CDS as B-Sides!!)

((Also, also.. I Do.. Hmm... seemed, for an album that was so meticulously Mastered and mixed, for so long... Just seems like they threw that on there at the last minute. IMO anyway.))

Where's the circumstancial evidence you ask. Got ears?

http://www.songmeanings.net/songs/view/5269/

I've been waiting for so long, to [.. post] my teenage victory song.. discussion. 

Chairs. 

Views: 461

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"O Girlfriend" and "Smile" haven't been played since 2002 sadly. "Teenage Victory Song" and "Starlight have never been played live, but that's probably because they were b-sides and the band wanted to concentrate on promoting the songs on the actual album when it was released, but I would've loved to have had them play mroe songs from that era live.

aO - r3tH>VHs H6i3l u3b - Bs said:

I agree and disagree.. I love Green. I think it's brilliant in it's 'formulaic-simplicity'.. Though I don't think it as simple as it 'seems'.. It's like The Beatles up to and including Revolver. Seems more simple than it is. Like if you had a =w= machine.. push the big =w= button and it's =w= being as =w= as they ever had/were/will be..

That being said.. O Girlfriend is (it feels strange to say it - and mean it) my favorite Weezer song bar none. And I have amazing memories of hearing the Green/SS2k songs the first few ( - thousand) times. In fairness, I was 16 and nearing my high-school graduation. So time and place..

Question for those blessed to live in the same 3-5 cities =w= ever tour: Besides SS2k, did/does/do the band ever include Teenage Victory Song/Starlight/Smile/O Girlfriend these days?

Radioactive said:

TVS is an average song.  It's interchangable with any track on Green (or at least the second half).  It follows the same formula as all the other songs.

That sounds like an awesome setlist, I've only seen =w= once when they played in Brixton last year and it was the best show of my life. You never know they might play a festival in Australia some time because in 2001 they were planning to go to Australia, but that never happened for some reason. I know that they played "Don't Let Go" on the cruise in honour of Mikey so hopefully they'll start playing that song again, but the main thing I want =w= to di is a realse a Green album deluxe full of unreleased songs from that era, songs from 1998 and live versions of songs when Mikey was with them.

Thanks Hugh,

I know how much you love Green, and often I don't need to post as you've waved the Green flag proudly and unashamedly So thanks for that too.

That makes me so sad. Though I've not been to a live show, I try and keep tabs on the show's/festivals they do play. I find it kind of strange and very upsetting that Smile isn't played. Even if not every show.. or once in a while. The heavy layered lead guitar intro, and the song itself is pure 'Stadium-Power-Pop/Rock' and live I'd imagine it'd have that extra kick that comes naturally when playing live. Regarding TVS and Starlight: I guess it's somewhat understandable - given they're B-Side's, they're not going to sell any records playing them. IMO it's just another example of (for lack of a better word) poor track-listing/post-production (The album's only 35 minutes.. There's no reason an albums can't have more than 10 tracks).  and if I do,

I really hope to see =w= live one day. It would be tragic it I didn't..  I've come to terms with the fact it likely wont be in Australia, and hence will cost half a years $$ for a couple of nights. I know the receptino for the Memories Tours have been incredible.. And I'd be the happiest little boy in town to be privy to that.. But, and - bite your toungues! - if we're talking ideal =w=.. Me personallly. I'd have it go a li'l like this

Part ONE: Blue and Pinkerton (not in their entirety) + B-sides/Rarities of that time (Paperface/Jamie/Suzanne).

Part TWO: Green/ Make Believe and Green In their entirety.  

Part THREE/FOUR: 

Best of Maladroit/ Red/ Raditude/ Hurley(or not)

ENCORE: Starlight/Keep Fishin'/ December/ (My Brain) is working overtime./ (Cover- No specific idea. Rainbow Connectin and/or Annies Song. 

Finish on  big swelling Angel and the One/ Spider/ Strech it.. get the crowd up Up UP.. Then leave stage.

2.5 Minutes. Crowd begins to get ready to leave. BOOM

Teenage Victory Song, red lining the sound-system. 

BOOM. 

Fin.

Just a thought. (Also, if =w= ever did feel like coming down under - chuck Fountains of Wayne/Neft Herder/ Jimmy Eat World) Heaven on Earth. 

Hugh Lovric said:

"O Girlfriend" and "Smile" haven't been played since 2002 sadly. "Teenage Victory Song" and "Starlight have never been played live, but that's probably because they were b-sides and the band wanted to concentrate on promoting the songs on the actual album when it was released, but I would've loved to have had them play mroe songs from that era live.

I agree and disagree.. I love Green. I think it's brilliant in it's 'formulaic-simplicity'.. Though I don't think it as simple as it 'seems'.. It's like The Beatles up to and including Revolver. Seems more simple than it is. Like if you had a =w= machine.. push the big =w= button and it's =w= being as =w= as they ever had/were/will be..

That being said.. O Girlfriend is (it feels strange to say it - and mean it) my favorite Weezer song bar none. And I have amazing memories of hearing the Green/SS2k songs the first few ( - thousand) times. In fairness, I was 16 and nearing my high-school graduation. So time and place..

Question for those blessed to live in the same 3-5 cities =w= ever tour: Besides SS2k, did/does/do the band ever include Teenage Victory Song/Starlight/Smile/O Girlfriend these days?

Radioactive said:

TVS is an average song.  It's interchangable with any track on Green (or at least the second half).  It follows the same formula as all the other songs.

That'd be more than welcome.. I suspect they'll do such with Green and Maladroit. Not sure after that. 

I'd rather an updated Video Capture Device.. Imagine how much footage they have post the VCD release. If they were as thorough and generous as they were on that DVD, it'd make for a pretty amazing collection. 

I love TVS.  Great song

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video