There are probably some posts going around with people saying what they would wanna see on a greatest hits, but I wanna put my own and I'm too lazy to go through the whole forum to check out one post. So I know a greatest hits list is pretty generic, and I'll post what a generic list would look like.

Generic

1. Undone (The Sweater Song)
2. Buddy Holly
3. Say It Ain't So
4. El Scorcho
5. The Good Life
6. Pink Triangle
7. Hash Pipe
8. Island in the Sun
9. Photograph
10. Dope Nose
11. Keep Fishin'
12. Beverly Hills
13. We Are All On Drugs
14. Perfect Situation
15. Pork and Beans
16. Troublemaker
17. (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To
18. I'm Your Daddy
19 Memories

now... this is generic, and would irritate me if released, but I guess most people would have backlash to it as well. Anyways, what i want is to see what you guys would want on a greatest hits. It has to be something that was originally released on an album or a bside to that album.. deluxe edition songs count. here's what I want..

My Greatest Hits

Disk 1                                                                   Disk 2

1. My Name is Jonas                                            1. Hash Pipe
2. Buddy Holly                                                     2. Island in the Sun
3. Undone                                                            3. Photograph
4. Surf Wax America                                             4. Smile
5. Say It Ain't So                                                   5. Velouria
6. Only in Dreams                                                 6. Always
7. Mykel & Carli                                                    7. Dope Nose
8. Susanne                                                           8. Keep Fishin'
9. Jamie (Acoustic)                                               9. Death and Destruction
10. Across the Sea                                               10. Beverly Hills
11. The Good Life                                                  11. Perfect Situation
12. El Scorcho                                                      12. This is Such a Pity
13. Pink Triangle                                                    13. Hold Me
14. Falling for You                                                  14. The Damage in Your Heart
15. Butterfly                                                           15. Pardon Me
16. You Gave Your Love to Me Softly                       16 . The Other Way
17. Devotion                                                           17. Haunt You Every Day
18. Waiting on You
19. Tragic Girl

Disk 3.
1. Troublemaker
2. The Greatest Man That Ever Lived
3. Pork and Beans
4. Dreamin'
5. The Angel and the One
6. Miss Sweeney
7. Pig
8. King
9. (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To
10. I'm Your Daddy
11. Trippin' Down the Freeway
12. Let it All Hang Out
13. The Underdogs
14. Memories
15. Ruling Me
16. Unspoken
17. Where's My Sex?
18. Run Away
19. Hang On
20. Turnin' Up the Radio
21. Blowin' My Stack
22. I'm a Robot
23. Autopilot
24. Represent

3 Disks, each representing a different age of weezer, early, middle (different transition) years, and today. These are just what I would want, what would you like to see?

Views: 17337

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"Blast Off!" (2:02)
"You Won't Get with Me Tonight" (3:28)
"Maria's Theme" (0:26)
"Come to My Pod" (1:31)
"This Is Not For Me" (0:44)
"I'm Tired Of Having Sex" (2:42)
"Superfriend" (3:30)
"She's Had a Girl" (0:55)
"Good News!" (1:05)
"Now I Finally See" (0:40)
"Gitchoo" (2:54)
"I Just Threw Out the Love of My Dreams" (2:38)
"There is No Other One" (2:46)
"Devotion" (3:16)
"What Is This I Find?" (1:20)
"Longtime Sunshine" (3:17)
"Longtime Sunshine (Reprise)" (0:30)

alternately, take all of the albums and make a box set along with sftbh, ss2k, deliverance at hand!, the fallen soldiers, the black album, alones i, ii, ii iv, v, and vi, and all of the b-sides.
There's no way they would make a greatest hits with half of every album on it, that would defeat the purpose of a greatest hits. Since it would probably be only "commercial" stuff here's what I think.

1. My Name is Jonas
2. Undone - The Sweater Song
3. Buddy Holly
4. Say It Ain't So
5. The Good Life
6. El Scorcho
7. Hash Pipe
8. Island in the Sun
9. Photograph
10. Dope Nose
11. Beverly Hills
12. Perfect Situation
13. Troublemaker
14. Pork and Beans
15. (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To
16. Memories

Unless it was a singles collection, than we'd see a little more but standard greatest hits are around that length.
All of Blue, all of Pinkerton, and several songs from each album after that.
If there was a proper best of/greatest hits being released, I expect DVDage. Even the Across the Sea footage just SOMETHING live would be nice. I do love VCD but man, a live set would be sweet.
Forget greatest hits collections. Why would you want to buy a compilation of songs you already have when you could just make a playlist on your ipod or burn yourself a mix? Oh, that's right, because it'll have an exclusive unreleased track that is somehow automatically classified as a hit!!

For realsies though, I think the name "greatest hits" really should imply their top selling/played singles. That, of course, would not be a collection of their greatest songs but it would make sense as far as the name goes and as far as best commercial scheme to appeal to an audience of pop-lovers.
it appears you didn't comprehend a single thing I said.

Gregor =w= Langbehn said:
It seems Greatest Hits discs are for people shopping in Target, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, etc....that remember hearing someone they know like weezer, so they see a greatest hits cd, and buy as a gift for them.

The other use they are for, are for Top 40 fans. Listeners that don't actually get into anything and don't have a favorite band, unlike all of us on here have.

Dungeon Master said:
probably pretty close, but they might scale it down a little and mix up the track order.

got to ask yourself though, in the digital age what use is a greatest hits package??? besides the one song unreleased song (which most of will d/l for free) the set really offers nothing to weezer fans and little to the casual fans. you buy things ala cart on itunes, so there is really little this type of package could hold.

The dreWid said:
1. Undone (The Sweater Song) 2. Buddy Holly
3. Say It Ain't So
4. El Scorcho
5. The Good Life
6. Pink Triangle
7. Hash Pipe
8. Island in the Sun
9. Photograph
10. Dope Nose
11. Keep Fishin'
12. Beverly Hills
13. We Are All On Drugs
14. Perfect Situation
15. This Is Such A Pity16. Pork and Beans17. Troublemaker
18. The Greatest Man That Ever Lived 
19. Dreamin'
20. (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To
21. I'm Your Daddy
22.Trippin' Down The Freeway
23. Represent
24. Memories25. Hang On 
26. Unreleased Bonus Track 

That's probably what it would be :(
wait... have people not seen across the sea? i saw it on tv the other day.
I was replying to your "digital age" question and how Greatest Hits discs stay relevant. Grandma's don't know how to digitally gift on iTunes.

And no Greatest Hits collection for Weezer would ever be 25 tracks....probably 15, but no more. They don't have that many huge hits, let alone, # 1's

Dungeon Master said:

It seems Greatest Hits discs are for people shopping in Target, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, etc....that remember hearing someone they know like weezer, so they see a greatest hits cd, and buy as a gift for them.

The other use they are for, are for Top 40 fans. Listeners that don't actually get into anything and don't have a favorite band, unlike all of us on here have.

Dungeon Master said:
probably pretty close, but they might scale it down a little and mix up the track order.

got to ask yourself though, in the digital age what use is a greatest hits package??? besides the one song unreleased song (which most of will d/l for free) the set really offers nothing to weezer fans and little to the casual fans. you buy things ala cart on itunes, so there is really little this type of package could hold.

The dreWid said:
3. Say It Ain't So
4. El Scorcho
5. The Good Life
6. Pink Triangle
7. Hash Pipe
8. Island in the Sun
9. Photograph
10. Dope Nose
11. Keep Fishin'
12. Beverly Hills
13. We Are All On Drugs
14. Perfect Situation
19. Dreamin'
21. I'm Your Daddy
23. Represent
24. Memories25. Hang On 

Greatest Hits are for housewives and little girls!
any grandmother that picks up a weezer cd is pretty cool. most just make a pair of socks for you.

fyi, many greatest hits packages are filled with singles that never cracked the top 10. check packages from KISS, Twisted Sister, U2 and ever a few 'unpopular' songs by the Beatles are on their greatest hits package, simply for the reason they were the singles.

I was replying to your "digital age" question and how Greatest Hits discs stay relevant. Grandma's don't know how to digitally gift on iTunes.

And no Greatest Hits collection for Weezer would ever be 25 tracks....probably 15, but no more. They don't have that many huge hits, let alone, # 1's

Dungeon Master said:

Dungeon Master said:

The dreWid said:
3. Say It Ain't So
4. El Scorcho
5. The Good Life
6. Pink Triangle
7. Hash Pipe
8. Island in the Sun
9. Photograph
10. Dope Nose
11. Keep Fishin'
12. Beverly Hills
13. We Are All On Drugs
14. Perfect Situation
19. Dreamin'
21. I'm Your Daddy
23. Represent
24. Memories25. Hang On 

If I ever went to a show where they played "We are all on drugs" I'd probably walk out.

Emily Allison said:
1. The Greatest Man That Ever Lived
2. Surf Wax America
3. Unspoken
4. Buddy Holly
5. Beverly Hills
6. El Scorcho
7. Tired Of Sex
8. Say It Ain't So
9. Island In The Sun
10. My Name Is Jonas
11. Hash Pipe
12. We Are All On Drugs
13. I'm Your Daddy
14. Hang On
15. Pink Triangle
16. Dope Nose
17. Burnt Jamb
18. Keep Fishin'
19. Troublemaker
21. Dreamin'
22. Everybody Get Dangerous
23. Pork and Beans
24. The Good Life
25. Can't Stop Partying
26. Undone -- The Sweater Song
27. Represent

When I finally get to see Weezer, this would be the most amazing setlist imaginable D:
This not how I hope it will be released, but this is how I believe it will be released

1. Buddy Holly
2. Undone
3. Say It Aint So
4. El Scorcho
5. Hash Pipe
6. Island In The Sun
7. Beverley Hills
8. Pork And Beans
9. IYWIIWYTIWYT
10. Memories

Reply to Discussion

RSS