There are probably some posts going around with people saying what they would wanna see on a greatest hits, but I wanna put my own and I'm too lazy to go through the whole forum to check out one post. So I know a greatest hits list is pretty generic, and I'll post what a generic list would look like.

Generic

1. Undone (The Sweater Song)
2. Buddy Holly
3. Say It Ain't So
4. El Scorcho
5. The Good Life
6. Pink Triangle
7. Hash Pipe
8. Island in the Sun
9. Photograph
10. Dope Nose
11. Keep Fishin'
12. Beverly Hills
13. We Are All On Drugs
14. Perfect Situation
15. Pork and Beans
16. Troublemaker
17. (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To
18. I'm Your Daddy
19 Memories

now... this is generic, and would irritate me if released, but I guess most people would have backlash to it as well. Anyways, what i want is to see what you guys would want on a greatest hits. It has to be something that was originally released on an album or a bside to that album.. deluxe edition songs count. here's what I want..

My Greatest Hits

Disk 1                                                                   Disk 2

1. My Name is Jonas                                            1. Hash Pipe
2. Buddy Holly                                                     2. Island in the Sun
3. Undone                                                            3. Photograph
4. Surf Wax America                                             4. Smile
5. Say It Ain't So                                                   5. Velouria
6. Only in Dreams                                                 6. Always
7. Mykel & Carli                                                    7. Dope Nose
8. Susanne                                                           8. Keep Fishin'
9. Jamie (Acoustic)                                               9. Death and Destruction
10. Across the Sea                                               10. Beverly Hills
11. The Good Life                                                  11. Perfect Situation
12. El Scorcho                                                      12. This is Such a Pity
13. Pink Triangle                                                    13. Hold Me
14. Falling for You                                                  14. The Damage in Your Heart
15. Butterfly                                                           15. Pardon Me
16. You Gave Your Love to Me Softly                       16 . The Other Way
17. Devotion                                                           17. Haunt You Every Day
18. Waiting on You
19. Tragic Girl

Disk 3.
1. Troublemaker
2. The Greatest Man That Ever Lived
3. Pork and Beans
4. Dreamin'
5. The Angel and the One
6. Miss Sweeney
7. Pig
8. King
9. (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To
10. I'm Your Daddy
11. Trippin' Down the Freeway
12. Let it All Hang Out
13. The Underdogs
14. Memories
15. Ruling Me
16. Unspoken
17. Where's My Sex?
18. Run Away
19. Hang On
20. Turnin' Up the Radio
21. Blowin' My Stack
22. I'm a Robot
23. Autopilot
24. Represent

3 Disks, each representing a different age of weezer, early, middle (different transition) years, and today. These are just what I would want, what would you like to see?

Views: 17343

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Greatest Hits:
My Name Is Jonas
Buddy Holly
Undone
Say it Ain't So
Tired Of Sex
El Scorcho
Hash Pipe
Island In The Sun
Burndt Jamb
Dope Nose
Beverly Hills
Perfect Situation
This is Such a pity
Troublemaker
Pork and Beans
Greatest Man Who Ever Lived
I Want You To
Memories
Unspoken
More!!!

Gregor =w= Langbehn said:
see Death to False Metal

The dreWid said:
Idea: no greatest hits colection. A collection of unreleased weezer songs. 
I just did all the singles

I was replying to your "digital age" question and how Greatest Hits discs stay relevant. Grandma's don't know how to digitally gift on iTunes. And no Greatest Hits collection for Weezer would ever be 25 tracks....probably 15, but no more. They don't have that many huge hits, let alone, # 1's

Dungeon Master said:
it appears you didn't comprehend a single thing I said.

It seems Greatest Hits discs are for people shopping in Target, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, etc....that remember hearing someone they know like weezer, so they see a greatest hits cd, and buy as a gift for them.

The other use they are for, are for Top 40 fans. Listeners that don't actually get into anything and don't have a favorite band, unlike all of us on here have.

Dungeon Master said:
probably pretty close, but they might scale it down a little and mix up the track order.

got to ask yourself though, in the digital age what use is a greatest hits package??? besides the one song unreleased song (which most of will d/l for free) the set really offers nothing to weezer fans and little to the casual fans. you buy things ala cart on itunes, so there is really little this type of package could hold.

The dreWid said:
1. Undone (The Sweater Song) 2. Buddy Holly
3. Say It Ain't So
4. El Scorcho
5. The Good Life
6. Pink Triangle
7. Hash Pipe
8. Island in the Sun
9. Photograph
10. Dope Nose
11. Keep Fishin'
12. Beverly Hills
13. We Are All On Drugs
14. Perfect Situation
15. This Is Such A Pity16. Pork and Beans17. Troublemaker
18. The Greatest Man That Ever Lived 
19. Dreamin'
20. (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To
21. I'm Your Daddy
22.Trippin' Down The Freeway
23. Represent
24. Memories25. Hang On 
26. Unreleased Bonus Track 

That's probably what it would be :(
Greatest hits cd's suck
Yeah, I would have to make a greatest hits CD and just include all of pinkerton as the second disc.

1. Undone (The Sweater Song)
2. Holiday
3. Say it Ain't So
4. Photograph
5. Knock Down Drag Out
6. My Best Friend
7. The Other Way
8. Haunt You Everyday
9. The Greatest Man that Ever Lived
10. King
11. Pig
12. Heart Songs
13. Put Me Back Together
14. Susanne
15. Jamie
16. No One Else
17. Trippin' Down the Freeway

I am undecided as to which I would add from Hurley or Death to False Metal. As I stated, include all of Pinkerton as the second disc. :) I just cannot pick favorites off it.
Keep Fishin & Burnt Jamb too
Top 10 greatest hits:
1. The Odd Couple
2. Run Away
3. Let It All Hang Out
4. Perfect Situation
5. (If Your Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To
6. Why Bother?
7. Say It Ain't So
8. El Scorcho
9. Hash Pipe
10. Island in the Sun

Bonus Tracks:
11. Jamie
12. Longtime Sunshine
1. Sandwiches Time

reconrose said:
1. Sandwiches Time

WIN
Seriously? Why even waste the brain power on this? A greatest hits package isn't given much thought. It simply re-packages all the songs that were hits and sometimes includes a few bonus tracks so that die-hard fans will buy it.
That is correct.

Kezner32 said:
Seriously? Why even waste the brain power on this? A greatest hits package isn't given much thought. It simply re-packages all the songs that were hits and sometimes includes a few bonus tracks so that die-hard fans will buy it.

Oil Can Boyd said:
Greatest hits cd's suck

I know it's extremely difficult to not buy something you think sucks, but I'd say give it a shot if this comes to fruition.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video