Argue about Christianity  and God..

Why do you think what you think?

Views: 914

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Let's not forget that the science is just theories.. such as evolution, that's a theory not fact.

Gohi said:
I promise you any "unexplained event" you name can be explained by science.

Gregor =w= Langbehn said:

unexplained events, 

So do you then, believe in the whole of the bible besides its last book?

America said:
Yes I believe in God.
Yes i belong to a church.
No, I don't beleive god intervenes in anyones every day life, he doesn't help you find your keys, he doesn't keep you safe camping, and no he doesn't let bad thigns happen to good people. You found your keys all by your self, the bear simply happened to wander into a diffrent camp ground, and humans let bad things happen to good people. Also the whole book of revelations is a bunch of hog wash. No jesus that I know and love is demanding we start killing each other and becoming wiked whores before he comes again. I think he's waiting for everyone to start getting along and stop killing people in his name.
And by that do you mean that you think heaven will look and be exactly like earth?

Natkat128 said:

Like I said....I was born into my beliefs....but then I went and studied further because of my own curiosity

Also I agree with you on the free will thing.....and with regards to the Heaven thing I wont go to deep into what I think...but I personally think its more like Earth is a copy of Heaven (rather than Heaven a copy of Earth).... 

MrFrenchDog said:

So what makes you believe that?

Natkat128 said:

I think there is a force much greater than chance....

imo people can call It whatever they like and choose to worship It or aknowledge It in any way they choose

but I truly believe It is there....

I don't think this force ever was or ever will be a human or in human form....

I think what I think ...cuz baby I was born this way 

a theory is a hypothesis that has been verified and accepted to be true.  the word theory in the scientific community basically means fact, it is only not determined a fact or law even after an overwhelming amount of evidence because there is the possibility of new information coming up to disprove it.   to have something called "theory" instead of "hypothesis" requires a huge amount of factual evidence. 

MrFrenchDog said:

Let's not forget that the science is just theories.. such as evolution, that's a theory not fact.

Gohi said:

unexplained events, 

I do not know...and I won't pretend that I know....but I can't imagine that...

all I can say is I believe after you die there is a higher state of being

MrFrenchDog said:

And by that do you mean that you think heaven will look and be exactly like earth?

Natkat128 said:

Like I said....I was born into my beliefs....but then I went and studied further because of my own curiosity

Also I agree with you on the free will thing.....and with regards to the Heaven thing I wont go to deep into what I think...but I personally think its more like Earth is a copy of Heaven (rather than Heaven a copy of Earth).... 

MrFrenchDog said:

So what makes you believe that?

Natkat128 said:

I think there is a force much greater than chance....

imo people can call It whatever they like and choose to worship It or aknowledge It in any way they choose

but I truly believe It is there....

I don't think this force ever was or ever will be a human or in human form....

I think what I think ...cuz baby I was born this way 

Creation is also known as a theory, though evolution is more widely acknowledged as the truth and the only rational explanation... and i think that new information will be presented in the future that will disprove it. 

Luigi-sp26 said:

a theory is a hypothesis that has been verified and accepted to be true.  the word theory in the scientific community basically means fact, it is only not determined a fact or law even after an overwhelming amount of evidence because there is the possibility of new information coming up to disprove it.   to have something called "theory" instead of "hypothesis" requires a huge amount of factual evidence. 

MrFrenchDog said:

Gohi said:

unexplained events, 

creationism isn't based in science, so it's not a scientific theory. cute argument, though.

MrFrenchDog said:

Creation is also known as a theory, though evolution is more widely acknowledged as the truth and the only rational explanation... and i think that new information will be presented in the future that will disprove it. 

Luigi-sp26 said:

MrFrenchDog said:

Gohi said:

unexplained events, 

i loved how i made sense when drunk!

wait, did it make sense?

brofessefef said:

I love how the Jesus gang ignored this question.

edgey44 said:

i don't believe in god, however when i die and see god..............should he forgive me as forgiveness the Christian way, and into heaven i go

or am  just drunk again?

Ok so the question is 'will God forgive you anyway?'

Well, i think that the message in the bible that comes across is you have to be a Christian to get into heaven. But he'll forgive you of anything at all at any time, so turn to God on your deathbed and sure, you're in heaven.

brofessefef said:

I love how the Jesus gang ignored this question.

edgey44 said:

i don't believe in god, however when i die and see god..............should he forgive me as forgiveness the Christian way, and into heaven i go

or am  just drunk again?

Well there are creationist scientists, and they out science behind the bible's version of events. Good enough for ya?

kitten$ bieber ♥ said:
creationism isn't based in science, so it's not a scientific theory. cute argument, though.

MrFrenchDog said:

Luigi-sp26 said:

MrFrenchDog said:

Gohi said:

unexplained events, 

no.

have you ever taken a science class, and if so, are you familiar with the scientific method?

so-called creation scientists (not to be confused with scientists who believe in creationism but work in a different scientific field) base their "theories" on assumptions, not observations, evidence, and tests. they operate under the idea that there is one creator, and his powers are limitless, and that everything he created was done way back in the day. that kind of hypothesis is unable to be tested, meaning it's not science.

MrFrenchDog said:

Well there are creationist scientists, and they out science behind the bible's version of events. Good enough for ya?

kitten$ bieber ♥ said:

MrFrenchDog said:

Luigi-sp26 said:

MrFrenchDog said:

Gohi said:

unexplained events, 

creationism is a theory....but not a scientific theory.  this is because it has no factual evidence (via scientific method as kittens mentioned).  a scientific theory is an actual accomplishment...a real achievement.  the "theory" of creationism is just an idea...some sort of wild dream that came from nothing.  it is just as valid as the flying spaghetti monster (which is pretty much the point of that group if im not mistaken).

i realize that you are trying to play devil's advocate for the sake of your little argument, but creationism has no real scientific support that i know of

kitten$ bieber ♥ said:

no.

have you ever taken a science class, and if so, are you familiar with the scientific method?

so-called creation scientists (not to be confused with scientists who believe in creationism but work in a different scientific field) base their "theories" on assumptions, not observations, evidence, and tests. they operate under the idea that there is one creator, and his powers are limitless, and that everything he created was done way back in the day. that kind of hypothesis is unable to be tested, meaning it's not science.

MrFrenchDog said:

kitten$ bieber ♥ said:

MrFrenchDog said:

Luigi-sp26 said:

MrFrenchDog said:

Gohi said:

unexplained events, 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service