Argue about Christianity  and God..

Why do you think what you think?

Views: 914

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ok then people, there is enough evidence and proof to suggest that Jesus (the one in the bible) was an actual person that did exist, in fact there is more evidence of this than the existence of Julius Caesar who we all accept did exist.

So having to accept that he existed you have 3 options, was he:

a liar? a madman? or who he said he was?

sorry, but what are your sources for the claims re: the existence of jesus christ v. julius caesar?

non-biblical, please.

MrFrenchDog said:

Ok then people, there is enough evidence and proof to suggest that Jesus (the one in the bible) was an actual person that did exist, in fact there is more evidence of this than the existence of Julius Caesar who we all accept did exist.

Texts about Jesus were found much closer to the time that they were written that texts about Caesar.

I am talking about Jesus being the person that Christianity is based on whether real or not, i am not saying i have evidence that he walked on water etc.

Sorry but you can't disregard biblical text. The Gospels all account what happened at the time of Jesus.

kitten$ bieber ♥ said:

sorry, but what are your sources for the claims re: the existence of jesus christ v. julius caeser? non-biblical, please.

MrFrenchDog said:

i was mostly looking for your sources that call julius caesar's existence into question. you're absolutely wrong about caesar, at any rate. there are hundreds of preserved letters from cicero (a contemporary of caesar's) that either mention caesar or were written to caesar directly.

the gospels are not eyewitness accounts (and iirc, even the church acknowledges this). so if we're comparing actual letters to/from caesar vs. a retelling of the life of jesus christ (based on the gospel of mark, being the oldest and basis for the other gospels), there's more proof of the existence of caesar.

not that i'm denying the existence of jesus christ, the man. just pointing out that your argument is false.

MrFrenchDog said:

Texts about Jesus were found much closer to the time that they were written that texts about Caesar.

I am talking about Jesus being the person that Christianity is based on whether real or not, i am not saying i have evidence that he walked on water etc.

Sorry but you can't disregard biblical text. The Gospels all account what happened at the time of Jesus.

kitten$ bieber ♥ said:

sorry, but what are your sources for the claims re: the existence of jesus christ v. julius caeser? non-biblical, please.

MrFrenchDog said:

I believe athiesm is little bit unhealthy

I'm referring to athiesm in it's purest form.  Without agnoticism.

Well. Alright. A long time ago before Christ was born on this earth, there was Nephi and his family (refer to 1st Nephi (first book in the Book of Mormon)). Nephi had two brothers Lamen and Lemuel. Nephi was faithful and did what God and his father wanted him to do. Lamen and Lemuel, did not. Later it explains that Nephi went his way and Lamen and Lemuel went theirs. Nephi and his followers were called Nephites. Lamen, Lemuel, and their followers were called Lamenites. Soon the Lamenites became so wicked that God gave them "darker" skin so there could be a separation between the Nephites and the Lamenites. We believe that the darker skin is what we call now a days, black.

Now I know you might think that is racist but we don't think black people as the "cursed" race. There are actually a lot of great Mormons that are black.

Any questions? I will be more than happy to answer more.

brofessefef said:

Fabulous.  Details please.

PUPPIES! said:

That answer is in the Book of Mormon. Sorry to bring that up.

brofessefef said:

Why are some people black and some people white?

Do you ever think little bit sometimes that parts of Book of Mormon may not actually be the true word of God?

If so, which parts?

If not, why not?

just an fyi...humans did not evolve from apes, rather we share a common ancestor

Gregor =w= Langbehn said:

I always liked this:

Evolution explains the how, but not the why.

it's idiotic to think evolution never happened.  I mean, archaeologists find skeletons that look half ape, half man.  It's pretty clear that evolution did happen.

hahah

PUPPIES! said:

Well. Alright. A long time ago before Christ was born on this earth, there was Nephi and his family (refer to 1st Nephi (first book in the Book of Mormon)). Nephi had two brothers Lamen and Lemuel. Nephi was faithful and did what God and his father wanted him to do. Lamen and Lemuel, did not. Later it explains that Nephi went his way and Lamen and Lemuel went theirs. Nephi and his followers were called Nephites. Lamen, Lemuel, and their followers were called Lamenites. Soon the Lamenites became so wicked that God gave them "darker" skin so there could be a separation between the Nephites and the Lamenites. We believe that the darker skin is what we call now a days, black.

Now I know you might think that is racist but we don't think black people as the "cursed" race. There are actually a lot of great Mormons that are black.

brofessefef said:

PUPPIES! said:

brofessefef said:

what do you mean, "evolve within our species but not into other species"?  after evolving "within our species" enough, wouldn't our genetic code have changed enough to consider us a separate species?  this would just take hundreds of thousands to millions of years.  and im willing to bet that you dont really know what Mr. Darwin (and lets not forget Mr. Wallace) really wrote about.  you don't believe in evolution in the way Mr. Darwin wrote about....you believe in your own little "theory" that came straight from your imagination and is based on zero evidence.  much like the way the "theory" of creationism was born.

**fun fact: the word "evolution" did not appear in Darwin's first edition of "The Origin of Species".

MrFrenchDog said:

I do not believe in evolution the way that Mr Darwin wrote about, i think that men have always been men. I think that we can evolve within our species but not into other species.

oh man.

just to clarify for those unclear on mormonism, the "revelation" that the church leaders received from god that confirmed that black people were no longer cursed came in 1978. so, you know, that's 30 whole years of not being as racist as before. good job.

PUPPIES! said:

brofessefef said:

PUPPIES! said:

brofessefef said:

Sorry, a little wrong with the information. The darkened skin from the Lamenites was just darker skin. Black skin actually came from Kane. It was a curse brought upon Kane for killing his brother and being a complete follower of Satan. A part of that curse was not being able to hold the priesthood. And yes Kittens, it did take a while for blacks to actually receive the priesthood. But now they can hold it.

PUPPIES! said:

brofessefef said:

PUPPIES! said:

brofessefef said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video