Thought I'd share some songs to some boardies who may not have heard of, or haven't gotten around to listening to. 

Might turn into something I do in a regular basis on here...who knows? 

These two tracks are one of the funnier rarities in the Weezer demo collection.  Some fun facts for both songs, but I'm too lazy to look them up, and I'm sure there are boardies on here who will know what I'm talking about.

Views: 150

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hot Tub is a pretty eccentric track too.

Haha forgot about that one.  I wanna get in your hot tub, baby.  I wanna get in you now!

Not sure if I prefer this version, or the Homie version...

This version by a mile because of the bridge!

The bridge is one of Weezer's best melodies... ever.

This version of the song reminds me of a quirky rival to Light My Fire. Even a little better.

I'm a sucker for guitar solos.  The Homie version had a pretty kickass ending solo.  The bridge is better by a mile for sure, but I can't deny the solo...so I'm still undecided. :)
True. That solo is awesome. Perhaps a combo of both.

Homie version for sure (runnersdialzero and lifetaker).  The solo is so BIG sounding.  So many of those "Rivers Cuomo band" songs that I wish would come to life with a proper release.

I always thought Pork and Beans was a pretty funny song.  "Don't give a hoot..."

David J. Stepp (DJS92491) said:

I'm a sucker for guitar solos.  The Homie version had a pretty kickass ending solo.  The bridge is better by a mile for sure, but I can't deny the solo...so I'm still undecided. :)
I don't think it's supposed to be funny, but I need some touch makes me giggle
Can't say I agree with it being funny. That being said, I love I Need Some Touch, such an awesome seed of an idea, I'd love to cover it one day so I can realise it in my own way.

Farkas said:
I don't think it's supposed to be funny, but I need some touch makes me giggle
As for Hot Tub, the HOMiE solo is a top 5 Rivers guitar solo moment for me, but I'd still take the demo arrangement because I love that original bridge so flucking much. If it were ever to be rerecorded by Weezer, I'd hope they'd work that sweet solo against the "sometimes I'm so disappointed..." bridge.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video