If you listen to Fun.'s new album, "Some Nights", (which is phenomenal, by the way) I feel a major Queen vibe coming from it. Maybe its just the lead singer's voice, maybe its their instruments, I don't know, I just think of Queen when I hear it. I've told this to multiple others, and they completley agree with me. What do you guys think?

Please, no hate comments if you don't agree. Just say if you don't agree and why.

Tags: Amazing, Fun., Nights, Queen, Some, Wow, change, cool, familiar, generation, More…hate, mee, no, opinion, question

Views: 7589

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

THANK YOU! 

Jordan Gaul said:

fun. is incredible.

Before any skeptics go all douche, try listening to "Be Calm" and "Some Nights (Intro)" 

These are a few of their many great songs, and definitely back up any Queen-similarity statements

Of course, they'll never be as huge as Queen, but they do have the number one song and number two album on iTunes currently.

k tried listening, now can I go all douche?

Jordan Gaul said:

Before any skeptics go all douche, try listening to "Be Calm" and "Some Nights (Intro)" 

I heard someone on the radio yesterday saying that Adam Lambert would make a great new lead singer for Queen (apparently, he's doing a concert with the band), and it made me want to punch someone in the face.

yeah.............i dont think so

Yeah, if Queen was forgettable and stupid DOH!

Or when you are walking!

Louis Digs said:

hey i listened to those songs and this band still sucks. should i try listening while i am asleep?

who did you punch? because it is happening...

WeezerWoman said:

I heard someone on the radio yesterday saying that Adam Lambert would make a great new lead singer for Queen (apparently, he's doing a concert with the band), and it made me want to punch someone in the face.

Fun. will be in my city this week. Therefore by the, er, transitive property of internet forums, punching them = punching Queen? Or maybe I should just wait for the real deal. Adam Lambert hangs out on Bourbon sometimes.

edgey44 - inventing mostly said:

who did you punch? because it is happening...

WeezerWoman said:

While I don't think they're "this generation's Queen", I definitely feel the Queen vibe. It's those harmonies, man!

So I had never heard of Fun. until this thread.

When Queen was at the same stage in their career as Fun, they were a lot more popular. Sorry, they are not this generations Queen by numbers.

or by quality

G Foo Chombey said:

So I had never heard of Fun. until this thread.

When Queen was at the same stage in their career as Fun, they were a lot more popular. Sorry, they are not this generations Queen by numbers.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video