I think mine was Buddy Holly, but just to be safe, let's say Hash Pipe (I was born in 93, so I wasn't around when Weezer first released "Blue").

Views: 408

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Buddy Holly MTV 1994. Fave part then and now: when Brian mouths "I Love You" to the girl with the blue sweater and cat eye glasses.
Beverly Hills?! Pork and Beans?! How old are you people...10?
i'm relatively certain that it was island in the sun for me.
This is a bit pathetic, but the first I would have heard would have been Beverly Hills. The first I got into was My Name is Jonas when I heard it on Guitar Hero III. Then one day I saw Blue for sale at Hastings, and nothing has been the same since.
Man oh man do I feel old. Like biebs eluded to, I can't believe that some of you weren't even born when TBA was released.

That said, it was Undone on the radio when I was 16. I immediately bought TBA and the rest is history.
Yeah, I know. I was in 8th grade.

Dylan Notter said:

elscorcho said:
Beverly Hills

Poor thing.
It's been so long ago that it's hard to remember.
I was really heavy into Soundgarden and Pearl Jam, but was mainly a VanHalen fan back in the early 90's. I was still recovering from hair metal and was really angry for no good reason so I liked grunge a lot.
I remember hearing Buddy Holly and singing along to undone as I crisscrossed the country in my first car on backpacking adventures as well as in traffic to and from work.
I had a crappy Kraco stereo with a pair of 6x9's in my 70' Mercury that buzzed with the distortion when I cranked it up. Whether it was Undone or BH, I was sold. They were the soundtrack to some of the most glorious adventures of my newly found adulthood.
16. I would have been in about fourth grade when I started listening to the radio, thus Beverly Hills.

Echoes said:
Beverly Hills?! Pork and Beans?! How old are you people...10?
If You're Wondering If I Want You To (I Want You To)
Well, we didn't stop there too.

mynameisjonus said:
Holy sh!t.

When I said Beverly hills I was joking. I feel so sorry for you people.
Buddy Holly, caught it on MTV and it really caught my attention (being a huge fan of Happy Days!)
The first Weezer song I heard was Only In Dreams in a Modern Warfare 2 montage. I loved it so much that I went out and downloaded every Weezer song in existence. Best decision ever! Only In Dreams is still my fav :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video