I saw Rivers's duet with Sara Bareiles of I Want You To on a past AOL session...and I thought the presence of her voice really brought a different dynamic to the tone of the song and the sound of the band.  It just seemed there was a much welcomed sort of balance...it just fits during this phase of the band.

Here are some past songs that would be cool if Rivers could find a female crooner to join him:

You Gave Your Love to Me Softly
Ruling Me
Hang On
Love is the Answer
Perfect Situation 
Tired of Sex

Singers like Joss Stone, Lady Gaga, and P.J. Harvey are just a few that came to mind...

Does anyone have suggestions for other songs or singers?

Tags: Bareiles, Female, Gave, Love, Me, Rivers, Ruling, Sara, Sex, Softly, More…Tired, You, duet, gaga, harvey, joss, lady, of, p.j., stone, to, your

Views: 64

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would love to hear Lily Allen do a duet with Rivers, a brand new song would be super cool but if was to pick from an existing =w= tune it would be one of the following:

Butterfly
We Go Together (if we could count it!)
Waiting on You
Photograph
Death and Destruction
Don't Let Go
Teenage Victory Song

I'd like it to be more of a doubled up vocals type of deal instead of just switching back and forth.
1. Love Is The Answer is already a duet.
2. Love Is The Answer is awful.
3. Tired Of Sex would be an extremely odd choice for a duet. As is Perfect Situation.
how about rachel haden. then they can sing "i just threw out the love of my dreams".

then they can play it again.
Amy Lee.
(Don't laugh at me!)
1. Love is the Answer is not a duet.
2. Love is the Answer is not awful. If one were to substitute 'Love' with 'Rage' and they used distorted, dissonant guitar riffs with Rivers screaming the chorus...you my friend would like that song. But...rage is not the answer...love is.
3. Tired of Sex is not odd if Rivers were to pair with the right singer. P.J. Harvey could be on one end of the spectrum and Tegan and Sara on the other end depending on what kind of viewpoint Rivers wanted to go with in his pairing. With Perfect Situation...Rivers would have to sing the 2nd and 3rd verse and the female would have to sing the 1st and 4th verse. Lady Gaga could definitely own a part of this song.

elscorcho said:
3. Tired Of Sex would be an extremely odd choice for a duet. As is Perfect Situation.
i really, really hate this version of i want you to. with a passion
the only weezer song that will ever work with female vocals is i just threw out the love of my dreams
the thought of anything else makes me want to stab my ears

BigV said:
1. Love is the Answer is not a duet.
2. Love is the Answer is not awful. If one were to substitute 'Love' with 'Rage' and they used distorted, dissonant guitar riffs with Rivers screaming the chorus...you my friend would like that song. But...rage is not the answer...love is.
3. Tired of Sex is not odd if Rivers were to pair with the right singer. P.J. Harvey could be on one end of the spectrum and Tegan and Sara on the other end depending on what kind of viewpoint Rivers wanted to go with in his pairing. With Perfect Situation...Rivers would have to sing the 2nd and 3rd verse and the female would have to sing the 1st and 4th verse. Lady Gaga could definitely own a part of this song.

elscorcho said:
tired of sex would turn out fairly awkward with female duet

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video