Is it the classic Warmoth Fat Strat, all covered in Muppet stickers? Maybe the Les Paul he used quite a bit in the Maladroit era? Or perhaps his current axe (when he is actually playing one), a Gibson SG? I myself like the Fat Strat, suited Rivers, or the Blue Strat from the Say it aint So video :)

Tags: cuomo, guitar, rivers

Views: 1591

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm amazed Fender haven't picked up on the Blue Strat to make a Rivers signature guitar - I'd have thought there's enough people that'd buy one.

He had 4 of the strats around the green album time - the blue one, a green one, a blonde one and a black one. He had 2 in each tuning - a main and a backup guitar- IIRC.

Especially if you bear in mind that they made Jim Adkins a signature telecaster- I'd have thought Rivers would have had a bigger appeal. Maybe just me,..

Red SG
Warmoth
I like his Strats and Gibson SG.

Blue Strat. I love it so much, I'm making a replica of it.

According to scripture, of all the known "Strats" used by Weezer, only one (Jason Cropper's red Strat) was actually a Fender. Add to that the fact that the SG offers in a stock package, what Rivers was trying to achieve with his Warmoth Strats, and I don't think Fenders going to offer a Rivers sig model anytime soon. If you want to get the same guitar, the roadmap is easy to find and the parts are all readily available from Warmoth. It's been done before, and it appears that Connor is doing it as well. It's a sick guitar, for sure, but I'd go with single coils up front for a bit more versatility.

thisdopeknows said:

I'm amazed Fender haven't picked up on the Blue Strat to make a Rivers signature guitar - I'd have thought there's enough people that'd buy one.

He had 4 of the strats around the green album time - the blue one, a green one, a blonde one and a black one. He had 2 in each tuning - a main and a backup guitar- IIRC.

Especially if you bear in mind that they made Jim Adkins a signature telecaster- I'd have thought Rivers would have had a bigger appeal. Maybe just me,..

Hands down, the blue strat

i'm going to assume Eddie Van Halen

mattsharp_wasright said:
The classic blue fat strat from the goodlife/undone
Does anyone know why it gets covered in black lines?
i know what you guys are thinking, but if you watch their guitar center session, he says that he now enjoys the sound, look, and feel of gibsons more. i bet that fender has approached him, but he's declined. if they make it, i will buy.

thisdopeknows said:

Chris, I don't remember that. Link?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video