Is it the classic Warmoth Fat Strat, all covered in Muppet stickers? Maybe the Les Paul he used quite a bit in the Maladroit era? Or perhaps his current axe (when he is actually playing one), a Gibson SG? I myself like the Fat Strat, suited Rivers, or the Blue Strat from the Say it aint So video :)

Tags: cuomo, guitar, rivers

Views: 1596

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Love the Gibson SG, but the fat strat was pretty darn cool.
I like the white SG, and the lightning bolt strap.
The baby blue w/ tortoise pickguard Warmoth double humbucker Strat copy, pre stickers, as seen in the live cut of In The Garage from VCD. I believe they had that guitar restored, or a very accurate replica made, for use on the Memories Tour.
definitely the gibson explorer I always wanted one of those!
I liked it when he used his blue strat. It's to bad that it got a crack in it.
Pics or it didn't happen

Mada said:
The baby blue w/ tortoise pickguard Warmoth double humbucker Strat copy, pre stickers, as seen in the live cut of In The Garage from VCD. I believe they had that guitar restored, or a very accurate replica made, for use on the Memories Tour.

Here's a photo of my son standing in front of the guitar rack at the SF Blue show. Note the Baby Blue Strat barely visible at the rear.

Wilford Brimley said:

Pics or it didn't happen

Mada said:

I like your style.

Friend request sent!

definetely his SS2K/Green era sticker devoured guitars. very punk lookin, great shimmering, fuzzy sound.
His Sonic blue Fat Strat has to be my favourite, plan on replicating it when i get the funds, I just have no idea how the black ice module would've worked on the volume pot? And I'm fairly sure the tape was the result of Rivers telling Karl to make it look like a 'Van Halen disaster'. But his stickered Explorer's are badass, not a big fan of the SG's, although I play one myself (Epi G400, similar to the one Rivers used in Pork n Beans)
Lot's of stuff about this on the 'ol internets. A cursory "Rivers Cuomo Warmoth Strat" Google search yielded a ton for me. It appears that the BI module on that guitar may not have even been in working order. A bridge position Super Distortion through a tube amp will probably get you real close to the same rig as Rivers' . Making that rig sound like him is a whole different story...

Cameron Cannon said:
His Sonic blue Fat Strat has to be my favourite, plan on replicating it when i get the funds, I just have no idea how the black ice module would've worked on the volume pot? And I'm fairly sure the tape was the result of Rivers telling Karl to make it look like a 'Van Halen disaster'. But his stickered Explorer's are badass, not a big fan of the SG's, although I play one myself (Epi G400, similar to the one Rivers used in Pork n Beans)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video