My top ten in no order:

Reservoir Dogs
Pulp Fiction
Inception
A Clockwork Orange
Star Wars (Original Trilogy)
Batman Returns
A Fistful Of Dollars
Taxi Driver
I Am Legend
Rear Window

Tags: Films, favourite, movies

Views: 100

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

screw him, it's all about Curtis Armstrong

 



placemats said:

<3 John Cusack

SPAZ said:
Better Off Dead


SPAZ said:

screw him, it's all about Curtis Armstrong

 



placemats said:

<3 John Cusack

SPAZ said:
Better Off Dead

 

 

ok let's see here

 

some classics, we'll get these out of the way:

Lawrence of Arabia

Casablanca

Dr. Strangelove

 

Movie not usually found on people's lists: Conan the Barbarian - Arnie all 'roided out, the soundtrack by Basil Poledouris is amazing, heck the first part of the movie (a loooooong action scene) is entirely the soundtrack with no dialogue, and it works great.

 

Obligatory Date Movie: Princess Bride - Ok, so I've enjoyed this movie many times while NOT on a date, but I need to protect my street cred.

 

Long Romantic Foreign Film: Cinema Paradiso. Goodbye, street cred.

 

Best Monty Python flick: Holy Grail is most popular, but I'm going with Life of Brian.

 

Funniest Foreign Film About A Serial Killer: Man Bites Dog

 

"I want to see a John Woo flick with lots of action and fantastic choreographed gunplay": Forget the American stuff, go with the older Hard Boiled or A Better Tomorrow.

 

Sci Fi: Star Wars (original series, Empire is the best, no discussion.) Since Star Wars is a common pick, though, let's go with Blade Runner.

 

Best Hitchcock film: Vertigo. Rear Window is also good.

 

Obligatory cheesy 80's romantic comedy- Say Anything

 

MindfucK Movies that you'll probably want to watch twice: Usual Suspects, Fight Club.

 

Mindfuck Movie that you'll probably need to watch at least twice: Donnie Darko

 

Halloween Pick: Jacob's Ladder, or if you're more into monster flicks, The Thing.

 

Mockumentary pick: This is Spinal Tap ("S*** SANDWICH!") or Best In Show

 

Educational: A Brief History of Time

 

Kurosawa's finest: Most argue Seven Samurai, but I am partial to Rashomon.


Best Coen Bros. film - Big Lebowski, followed closely by O Brother Where Art Though

 

War Movie: Apocalypse Now. Patton is also excellent.

 

Bill Murray's best performance: Lost In Translation

 

Best Foreign Film with lots of killing that isn't a John Woo flick: City of God

 

Anime: Go with Samurai X or Akira depending on your gender and mood.

 

Others:

 

Clerks - one of my favorites, terrible acting, dialogue-heavy like any other Kevin Smith movie, but it was the first and the funniest.

 

Run Lola Run - if you haven't seen it, do so, now. Brilliant.

 

Pulp Fiction - Duh. Kill Bill series is also very good. Duh. Also check on Robert Rodriguez' El Mariachi.

 

Kwaidan - beautifully shot and directed movie consisting of a few Japanese ghost tales

 

Swingers - It's funny.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wow great picks.
Nothing with Clint Eastwood?!




hintofcoolness said:

 

 

ok let's see here

 

some classics, we'll get these out of the way:

Lawrence of Arabia

Casablanca

Dr. Strangelove

 

Movie not usually found on people's lists: Conan the Barbarian - Arnie all 'roided out, the soundtrack by Basil Poledouris is amazing, heck the first part of the movie (a loooooong action scene) is entirely the soundtrack with no dialogue, and it works great.

 

Obligatory Date Movie: Princess Bride - Ok, so I've enjoyed this movie many times while NOT on a date, but I need to protect my street cred.

 

Long Romantic Foreign Film: Cinema Paradiso. Goodbye, street cred.

 

Best Monty Python flick: Holy Grail is most popular, but I'm going with Life of Brian.

 

Funniest Foreign Film About A Serial Killer: Man Bites Dog

 

"I want to see a John Woo flick with lots of action and fantastic choreographed gunplay": Forget the American stuff, go with the older Hard Boiled or A Better Tomorrow.

 

Sci Fi: Star Wars (original series, Empire is the best, no discussion.) Since Star Wars is a common pick, though, let's go with Blade Runner.

 

Best Hitchcock film: Vertigo. Rear Window is also good.

 

Obligatory cheesy 80's romantic comedy- Say Anything

 

MindfucK Movies that you'll probably want to watch twice: Usual Suspects, Fight Club.

 

Mindfuck Movie that you'll probably need to watch at least twice: Donnie Darko

 

Halloween Pick: Jacob's Ladder, or if you're more into monster flicks, The Thing.

 

Mockumentary pick: This is Spinal Tap ("S*** SANDWICH!") or Best In Show

 

Educational: A Brief History of Time

 

Kurosawa's finest: Most argue Seven Samurai, but I am partial to Rashomon.


Best Coen Bros. film - Big Lebowski, followed closely by O Brother Where Art Though

 

War Movie: Apocalypse Now. Patton is also excellent.

 

Bill Murray's best performance: Lost In Translation

 

Best Foreign Film with lots of killing that isn't a John Woo flick: City of God

 

Anime: Go with Samurai X or Akira depending on your gender and mood.

 

Others:

 

Clerks - one of my favorites, terrible acting, dialogue-heavy like any other Kevin Smith movie, but it was the first and the funniest.

 

Run Lola Run - if you haven't seen it, do so, now. Brilliant.

 

Pulp Fiction - Duh. Kill Bill series is also very good. Duh. Also check on Robert Rodriguez' El Mariachi.

 

Kwaidan - beautifully shot and directed movie consisting of a few Japanese ghost tales

 

Swingers - It's funny.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

An oversight. I will go with the Sergio Leone's entire trilogy on that one. So....

 

Best Western: The Man With No Name/Dollars Trilogy (take your pick, they are all good)


Indiekid said:

Wow great picks.
Nothing with Clint Eastwood?!




hintofcoolness said:

 

 

ok let's see here

 

some classics, we'll get these out of the way:

Lawrence of Arabia

Casablanca

Dr. Strangelove

 

Movie not usually found on people's lists: Conan the Barbarian - Arnie all 'roided out, the soundtrack by Basil Poledouris is amazing, heck the first part of the movie (a loooooong action scene) is entirely the soundtrack with no dialogue, and it works great.

 

Obligatory Date Movie: Princess Bride - Ok, so I've enjoyed this movie many times while NOT on a date, but I need to protect my street cred.

 

Long Romantic Foreign Film: Cinema Paradiso. Goodbye, street cred.

 

Best Monty Python flick: Holy Grail is most popular, but I'm going with Life of Brian.

 

Funniest Foreign Film About A Serial Killer: Man Bites Dog

 

"I want to see a John Woo flick with lots of action and fantastic choreographed gunplay": Forget the American stuff, go with the older Hard Boiled or A Better Tomorrow.

 

Sci Fi: Star Wars (original series, Empire is the best, no discussion.) Since Star Wars is a common pick, though, let's go with Blade Runner.

 

Best Hitchcock film: Vertigo. Rear Window is also good.

 

Obligatory cheesy 80's romantic comedy- Say Anything

 

MindfucK Movies that you'll probably want to watch twice: Usual Suspects, Fight Club.

 

Mindfuck Movie that you'll probably need to watch at least twice: Donnie Darko

 

Halloween Pick: Jacob's Ladder, or if you're more into monster flicks, The Thing.

 

Mockumentary pick: This is Spinal Tap ("S*** SANDWICH!") or Best In Show

 

Educational: A Brief History of Time

 

Kurosawa's finest: Most argue Seven Samurai, but I am partial to Rashomon.


Best Coen Bros. film - Big Lebowski, followed closely by O Brother Where Art Though

 

War Movie: Apocalypse Now. Patton is also excellent.

 

Bill Murray's best performance: Lost In Translation

 

Best Foreign Film with lots of killing that isn't a John Woo flick: City of God

 

Anime: Go with Samurai X or Akira depending on your gender and mood.

 

Others:

 

Clerks - one of my favorites, terrible acting, dialogue-heavy like any other Kevin Smith movie, but it was the first and the funniest.

 

Run Lola Run - if you haven't seen it, do so, now. Brilliant.

 

Pulp Fiction - Duh. Kill Bill series is also very good. Duh. Also check on Robert Rodriguez' El Mariachi.

 

Kwaidan - beautifully shot and directed movie consisting of a few Japanese ghost tales

 

Swingers - It's funny.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Serenity-more people should see it!

pans labyrinth

one flew over the cuckoos nest

The Kingdom

a bittersweet life

oldboy

 

 

.

Well, I'd also say in no particular order:

Pulp Fiction

Blue Velvet

Liquid Sky

Dazed and Confused

Do the Right Thing

Delicatessen

Fargo/O Brother...

Spellbound/Notorious

Wizard of Oz

in no particular order...
little miss sunshine.

dodgeball.

talladega nights.

titanic.

edward scissorhands. 

juno.

the breakfast club.

the benchwarmers.

the notebook.

mr. deeds.

sixteen candles.

anastasia.

Wow.  I haven't thought about Repo Man in the longest time.  We actually have it on VHS, somewhere.  Going to have to dig it up.  Great soundtrack too.

☺♥ kittens bieber ♥☺ said:

off the top of my head...

repo man (not to be confused with repo men)

LA story

the graduate

better off dead

bottle rocket

city of god

high fidelity

blade runner

the big lebowski

lost in translation

Every Wes Anderson, Michel Gondry, and Spike Jonze films (including Jackass), and then Angus

 

Edit: I'm going to list them out for people that don't know their films

 

Wes Anderson:

Bottle Rocket (worst of the bunch, but still really good)

Rushmore

Royal Tennenbaums

Life Aquatic (best of the bunch)

Darjeeling Limited

Fantastic Mr. Fox

 

Michel Gondry:

Eternal Sunshine on the Spotless Mind

Science of Sleep

Be Kind Rewind (has some funny, inventive parts, but overall, just "ok")

The Green Hornet (haven't seen it yet, but I am a little scared to)

 

Spike Jonze:

Being John Malkovic

Adaptation

Where the Wild Things Are

Jackass 1-3

my exact thoughts, except i havent seen a few

Ben Phillips said:
Wayne's World (both), Austin Powers (all), Dodgeball, Get him to the greek ,Shanghai Noon/Knights, Anchorman, Zoolander,Blades of Glory, Step Brothers, Ace Ventura (both), The Other Guys...
are a few, i probably missed out some that i like more than some of these..

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

  • Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Offline

Live Video