Just pick one, limit it to a couple lines if you can.

Somewhat of an experiment, as much has been said about lyrical quality over the last few albums, so if I get enough replies I would be curious to see to which album/era/song most of your choices pertain. I wonder how the distribution will turn out.

I'll start.

As if I could live on words and dreams and a million screams. Oh, how I need a hand in mine to feel.

-Across the Sea

OK GO!

Views: 999

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I talked for hours to your wallet photograph / And you just listened / You laughed enchanted by my intellect / Or maybe you didn't. -TWHTALMH 

That line always stuck with me - the image of one-sided affection/unrequited love. For a shy teenager just entering high school when that album came out, "The World Has Turned . . ." captured a lot of what I was feeling at the time, and it stuck with me as I went off to college. I ended up using it as inspiration more than a few times while taking creative writing courses.

Pick one, DanRulebreaker. Although all Pinkerton/Pinkerton era so no harm done I reckon.

Daniel Gasparini ( Danorganplaye said:

All of I just threw out the love of my dreams

If i could only live off words and dreams..

I asked you if you have a good heart, you answered yes ill never do you harm.

Starting to see some lyrics from the newer stuff, but still looking predominantly Blue and Pink. Let's keep it going.

We are the Angels and we are the ones that are prayin

"All of the jod she does

scare me real good.

She's got a two~oo

and two have snakes."

(I am not sure if I was able to put the exact words. I can by listening. I get an LSS from that line.)

Thanks! If it makes a difference (given that I sound awkward), I am asian.

I love this too. :)

America said:
We are the Angels and we are the ones that are prayin

That's ok I have a feeling people won't mind for some reason ;)

The lyrics are:

All of the drugs she does

Scare me real good

She's got a tattoo

And two pet snakes

Sofia Medalla said:

"All of the jod she does

scare me real good.

She's got a two~oo

and two have snakes."

(I am not sure if I was able to put the exact words. I can by listening. I get an LSS from that line.)

Thanks! If it makes a difference (given that I sound awkward), I am asian.

Hard to pick one man. The ones i posted are all top notch.

It's easy to see why his older lyrics were better, they had a more personal less general touch to them.

Like you won't see lyrics like this as much anymore :

"Letting him fill you up with his wine, letting him flatter you with his line. Letting him put you down in the snow taking him and letting me go...it hurts for me to see you so..."

It's got such great imagery and is depicting something that you don't hear in songs all the damn time. Rivers was told by rick rubin you need to write more general to get more attention...

The one thing he seemed to forget is, people will hold on to the lyrics that are more personal and different at the end of the day.

"i just need to admit I want sugar in my tea, hear me, I want sugar in my tea."

bmp

OK looks like we won't be getting many more responses.

Overwhelmingly Pink and Blue.

'Nuff said about lyrical quality.

Newbizoid here. Pardon me whilst I administer some mouth-to-mouth to this thread.

(Do not panic. I'm a trained professional life saver.)

The very best are definitely from El Scorcho and Only in Dreams, but I'll also add:

"How do oceans

Connected by a straw get something through?"

-Automatic

el cheese supremo

"I don't want to be a chump!

You think I'm a fascist pig!"

-This is Such a Pity

(This isn't a second favorite lyric, but merely a signature tag. It's how I sign off on all my emails. )

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video