Just pick one, limit it to a couple lines if you can.

Somewhat of an experiment, as much has been said about lyrical quality over the last few albums, so if I get enough replies I would be curious to see to which album/era/song most of your choices pertain. I wonder how the distribution will turn out.

I'll start.

As if I could live on words and dreams and a million screams. Oh, how I need a hand in mine to feel.

-Across the Sea

OK GO!

Views: 997

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

http://www.youtube.com/gregorlangbehn#p/u/5/k6lULE2cwVY

see this video at 3:07.  Different song, but I reference those exact lyrics.  I love those lyrics

jKlein said:

Well my new one is "When I met you I was all alone.. cold and hungry crying on the phone" but that's for a different reason haha

I love:

"Holy moly baby, wouldn't you know it... just as I was busting loose... I gotta go turn in my rockstar card, get fat and grow old with you" from Falling for you-- but this was close because I love so many!!!

if you don't like it, you can shove it, but you don't like it you love it
When I'm feeling blue and lonelyAll I have to do is think of youWe had just one night but it lingers on and on and on
You gave your love to me softly
Mine is ( and don't get mad ) " I am the greatest man that ever lived "

"You remain, turned away
Turning further every day"

I love this pair of lines because it so succinctly sums up the experience of losing someone you don't want to lose.

I used to sit alone in the dark and drink beer to this the first time a woman (not a girl) broke my heart and I thought I was going to die, but was afraid I might not.

This whole thing, and more, is summed up by Rivers for me in two terse lines.  Love it.

"Have a nice life without me you FOOL!!!"

--- Outta Here...

"how am i

supposed to sing

with this thing

in my way"

Paperface

"if everyone's a little queer, well can't she be a little straight?"

"everytime i pin down what i think i want it slips away..."

"gonna make my chance, gonna rock and dance. gonna hit the ground with a brand new sound lookin' for romance"

You can't avoid her

She's in the air...in the air

In between molecules 

Of oxygen and carbon dioxide

"I'm such a mystery, as anyone can see, there isn't anybody else exactly quite like me.  And when it's party time, like 1999, I'll party by myself because I'm such a special guy"

"Somebody's cold one is givin' me chills"

Awesome lyrics, I don't even need to explain why, that line is just incredible.

I guess you're as real as me

maybe I can live with that

Maybe I need fantasy

A life of chasing butterfly

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…