If you saw Weezer live in the last decade tell me what has been your favorite live moment in concert.

Living in Jersey Ive been spoiled with Weezer love from MSG, Halloween at Hammerstein NY, sitting second row for flaming lips/weezer at PNC sharing the stage together, and Pinkerton Memories at Roseland( What am I made of money!? couldnt afford blue show haha) so let me hear your voices!

Views: 601

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So many favorite Weezer live moments.  One of the coolest was seeing them in Vegas Oct 2010 at the Mirage pool w/ only about 300 other people.  It was outdoors on a summer night under the Strip lights, so it was super magical.  One of the highlights was seeing Unspoken performed live for the first time (I think they've only ever played it twice).  

The cruise also had many amazing concert moments: hearing Tragic Girl and Mykel and Carli for the first time live were right up there.  My very favorite moment from the cruise though was during the second indoor show, during Across the Sea, when Rivers stretched out his arms and sang "so you send me your love from all around the world," gesturing to the crowd.  Thinking about all of the fans who were there from so many different places (Japan, Spain, Mexico, Australia, US, etc), sharing that experience, I just lost it.  There was so much love in that room, it was overwhelming.  

Cladeedah said:

So many favorite Weezer live moments.  One of the coolest was seeing them in Vegas Oct 2010 at the Mirage pool w/ only about 300 other people.  It was outdoors on a summer night under the Strip lights, so it was super magical.  One of the highlights was seeing Unspoken performed live for the first time (I think they've only ever played it twice).  

The cruise also had many amazing concert moments: hearing Tragic Girl and Mykel and Carli for the first time live were right up there.  My very favorite moment from the cruise though was during the second indoor show, during Across the Sea, when Rivers stretched out his arms and sang "so you send me your love from all around the world," gesturing to the crowd.  Thinking about all of the fans who were there from so many different places (Japan, Spain, Mexico, Australia, US, etc), sharing that experience, I just lost it.  There was so much love in that room, it was overwhelming.  

When and where was unspoken played first? I saw it in Austin tx in June 2011... just curious.

I've only ever heard of it played at the Vegas Oct 2010 show and the Austin June 2011 show.  

Daniel [bleed0range] said:

When and where was unspoken played first? I saw it in Austin tx in June 2011... just curious.

Daniel [bleed0range] said:

Cladeedah said:

This video was taken pre-show, before they let anyone into the venue.  The version he did during the show started w/ just Rivers onstage and then the rest of the band came out and joined in. Would've been cool to catch that on video for Youtube.  

Ollie desserts on my mind said:

Either the seattle show last year where they played blast off! for the first time, or the first memories show in LA

I notice this says last decade, but I'll give mine, I've seen them twice.

In 2000, I saw them play at Numbers in Houston, a very small club, I dont know the full capacity but its probably not more than a 1000, I doubt even that. It was before the green album, although a few tracks had been leaked to Napster by then. They tore it up, and it was right in the front, no security rails or anything, just the band jamming right next tro the stage.

Anyways, on to the best part of the concert... the fist song of the encore was Only in Dreams. It was incredible, a life changing experience. There are videos online at other clubs, but they were way too lit to give it the emotional effect this had. The stage was completely dark, the entire club was as dark as possible, except for the emergency lights. Enter the bass line, and one lone blue light shines on Welsh, and he starts jamming. Then, you hear the drums kick in, and another blue light shines on Wilson... Rivers and Bell come in and the same thing, just blue lights on the stage... still really dark and Rivers starts singing. The bands building up to the chorus and you know its about to go crazy. There's a lone note right before the chorus, and right when they hit it, the huge W in the back of the stage starts lighting up and then the chorus hits and the place literally goes crazy. I still think about it everytime I hear the song, and it was followed by Buddy Holly and the best live song, Surf Wax America.

Really, I wish I could relive this concert, there hasnt ever been one to ever compare to this. The closest was Hum maybe a few months ago, but that was probably more because of how infrequently they play shows.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Weezer Bootlegs

SOCIAL

• Weezer Links

Weezer Mailing List

Music

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Weezer.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video